Mildly Irritating: Aetolia's Pet Peeves

Comments

• I'm peeved that player generated conflict was squashed by a volunteer. Good, clean, not even remotely toxic conflict with just the smallest traces of salt. Opt in style. You didn't want in it, then just don't be in it. Was that simple.

@Tiur was there a rule change saying that we can't shout that no one knows about? Are we not allowed to generate our own PK ICly? Nothing about what happened came anywhere near close to breaking any rule I have ever heard of, but it was stifled by your staff regardless.
    (Web): Toz says, "Emir's Express Evacuation and Existence Eradicator, Every Experience is Explosive - Experience the Entirety of your Existence!"
    XeniaIazamat
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Mortals shouting nonsense until Gods yell shut up has been a time-honoured tradition for over 15 years. You used a Sapience wide means of communication, and got a reply from a Divine; most players feel like that's part of the fun. In fact, a number of players expressed that fun when Tanix joined in, and conversations all over started up.
    EmirAloliKalinaar
  • I wonder if we play the same game sometimes.
    (Web): Toz says, "Emir's Express Evacuation and Existence Eradicator, Every Experience is Explosive - Experience the Entirety of your Existence!"
    IazamatXenia
  • I do not like that I struggle to find proper PK-oriented conflict most of the time anyways and some organic PK was broken up because a character with no stake in the argument decided to get involved.

No offense to the volunteer, but it seemed pointless.
    EmirIazamatXeniaStineFezzix
  • I'd have no issue if the gods actually added to the script. Telling people to stop shouting or be zapped/eaten isn't adding to that script, it's just telling people to shut up and stop what they're doing, especially when it's their sole purpose for going vis.
    EmirXenia
  • edited May 2019
    The only reason why anything about Tanix's involvement was interesting was because I logged out due the pure disgust I had for the conflict getting snuffed out

Edit: Cus let's be real, otherwise it'd just have been 'nothing to see here, someone got zapped'.

IazamatEmir
  • KynaKyna Victoria, Australia

Hello friends!

I apologize for getting involved, after shouting - in a way that has generally felt fluid on Tanixalthas - to join in. As a result, after getting to interact with a couple of people due to the shouts, even after I wasn't fully visible on Tanixalthas to all of you on the WHO list, I thought I had added to the overall enjoyment of the game. That has only ever been, and still remains, my sole goal as the staff member behind two of our Gods. I am only just returning to RP capacity after working on something behind the scenes, so it seemed like a good place to jump in.

My judgment was misplaced so, again, I am sorry I ruined your fun, but I appreciate those who engaged with me afterwards also. Thank you. 

IesidStineAloliKalinaar
  • Who did you interact with? Who expressed 'fun' like Tiur said? Having spoken with multiple players involved I'm not getting that vibe and according to the general public you ghosted again right after.

Tiur has a history of lying (to me, at least) and you have a history of playing damage control for him. I truly do not want to be the person I am right now with how upset I am over everything that seems to happen lately, but I'm at the point where I need proof that anything like this happened at all.
    ZarniKalinaar
  • KynaKyna Victoria, Australia
    I appreciate your questions, but I won't name characters, and by extension, players, myself. I have no desire to put anyone in a place they don't want to be.

If they would like to join in themselves, they are welcome. Otherwise, the question of 'who' will have to go unanswered, I'm sorry.

However, as for ghosting, unfortunately I'm at work, so I simply removed myself from the WHO list so as to not unintentionally ignore any NEW enquiries but continued to interact with those not-mentioned-by-name who reached out to continue what stemmed from my interruption.

I know that doesn't really help you, but I wanted to explain why I won't name-names. It isn't my place in this situation - the limelight is on my actions and your disappointment in them, not theirs.
    AloliEliadon
  • You're right, it doesn't help me. It's just convenient for you.
    Zarni
  • AloliAloli Between Books
    I feel someone needs to reiterate that Kyna bothered to get on the forums and apologize. This isn't a witch hunt.

Personally, I thought the stun wasn't necessary but the fact that Gods come on to yell "SILENCE" or further add to whatever is being shouted in order to get it to stop is nice.

I'd esteem any Celeni that makes the effort to come out and join the RP. People complain that they don't get enough interaction and when it's given people complain that it isn't the kind they want.

Seriously?
    Between what is said and not meant, and what is meant and not said, most of love is lost. - Khalil Gibran
    EliadonZarniKalinaarRhine
  • RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal
    Emir said:

You're right, it doesn't help me. It's just convenient for you.

What do you even want to hear right now?

The criticism was taken and an apology was made, so I'm unsure what your further instigation is adding here. We're not going to break our internal policies and name people. That might sound convenient to you right now, but it's a policy there to protect players and has honestly historically bitten us more than it has convenienced us.
    AloliEliadonSaritaIantheTekiasLinKalinaarRhine
  • edited May 2019
    Edit: I should have quoted here.
    Aloli said:

I feel someone needs to reiterate that Kyna bothered to get on the forums and apologize. This isn't a witch hunt.

Personally, I thought the stun wasn't necessary but the fact that Gods come on to yell "SILENCE" or further add to whatever is being shouted in order to get it to stop is nice.

I'd esteem any Celeni that makes the effort to come out and join the RP. People complain that they don't get enough interaction and when it's given people complain that it isn't the kind they want.

Seriously?

The shouts weren't getting out of hand, it wasn't an ongoing back and large back and forth and the result was guild RPK. Before anything can even come if it there's the call for "Silence".

I mean it's cool some people got to drink lemonade, but the issue is less about the RP we were given and more about an ongoing feeling like conflict and interesting, organic, player initiated RP is being neutered.

Aloli
  • @Kyna

I am sorry for directing my anger and frustration at you. My playtime in Aetolia under Tiur's management has been the least enjoyable of all the producers I have played under. He has lied to me and he has lied to my friends, and he is condescendingly dismissive with every issue I have witnessed being brought up to him from my friends. Tonight my frustration reached another level and I lashed out at you. For that I apologize. I will try to do better.
    ZailaAloliTozTeaniEydisZarniLexenIazamatXenia
  • I'm peeved that I had to listen for years about how X was unfair, or Y was unfair. About how A thing or B thing my tether did was uncool and unfair. I'm peeved that I did my best, along with a few other players, to police this type of behavior. I'm peeved that after all of that, the first chance the other side got, they forgot all about that and turned into hypocrites.

I'm peeved that the general level of integrity from a lot of players in this game is lower than what I would find in a cheap run down strip club.
    KalinaarAloliXeniaIazamatAgothaxlDidiHavenTeaniRhyot
  • AloliAloli Between Books
    edited June 2019
    People who think they have the right to abuse others via OOC mediums over anything that happens in the game are disgusting people who need to have their heads and egos checked.
    Between what is said and not meant, and what is meant and not said, most of love is lost. - Khalil Gibran
    BenedictoHallisOonaghZailaKalinaar
  • People who immediately go OOC to whine after they die in open PK zones and then act holier than thou later on.
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Stop.
    TekiasEmirZailaSeurimas
  • One thing that has always been mildly annoying and disappointing for me is the rampant cliquiness in this game. Instead of this situation diminishing the further we all get from our high school days it seems like it's actually getting worse.

I pride myself on having a very thick skin. This means I could sit down and have a beer and laugh with someone regardless of race, creed, color, or any disagreements I may have with how they live their life really so long as that person is willing to treat me with the same respect.

Aetolia would be a better place if everyone would just have nice thick troll skin. 
    RhyotRhineZailaAloli
  • ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    The song "High School Never Ends" came out when I was in high school and I remember thinking that it must be an innacurate representation of most adults.

It is not, and that is just so disappointing. But, it makes me appreciate the song a lot more.
    KalinaarRhine
  • EliadonEliadon Somewhere Over the Rainbow
    edited June 2019
    Rubbing salt into an already salty wound is also a bit of a unicorns move, for the record.

edit: re: Zaila/Kalinaar
    IazamatJessieOonaghEmirKalinaar
  • Tiur said:

Stop.

Unless you're part of the OTHER clique, then it's ok. Also, I graduated from highschool, rushing Carni house in da fall.

EmirKalinaarZaila
  • TiurTiur Producer
    I don't even get it, I just don't care. Quit whatever low key passive stuff this is. Don't anyone add to it, just stop.
  • 2019/06/17 19:31:23 - Giliand has claimed the bounty of 25000 gold on Swara.

Honestly, this is a huge pet peeve of mine. It's taking advantage of mechanical loopholes to avoid consequences and simultaneously benefit.
    MoxieOonaghAlathesiaZaila
  • TiurTiur Producer
    edited June 2019
    Do explain! Is it something needing fixing?

E:

An attentive Celani explained it in small words with pauses for me to nod. We're kinda of two minds on it, but it can go in the stack for brainstorming a solution. My first thought is that you should just make it illegal.
  • Iazamat said:

2019/06/17 19:31:23 - Giliand has claimed the bounty of 25000 gold on Swara.

Honestly, this is a huge pet peeve of mine. It's taking advantage of mechanical loopholes to avoid consequences and simultaneously benefit.
    Bounty them for 1gp if possible - they can't split 1gp.

It doesn't drain your city of funds, but doesn't answer your primary concern.
    MjollOonaghIazamatZaila
  • Iazamat said:
    I was not aware this could happen??? I've not seen this in the other IRE I play. 

(Illuminai): Saltz says, "Moxie is just doing the Moxie thing to do, often misinterpreted."

(Tells): Sir Iames Gallant, the Executioner tells you, "The one Illuminai beyond prayer, I swear."

Valingar: "How could a daughter of me, the most noble man in the south, be so heartless?"

(Tells): Haven Locke, Illuminai Khimaira tells you, "Be that as it may, I've also seen the strength in you. You can take care of yourself."
    Iazamat
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Moxie said:

Iazamat said:

I was not aware this could happen??? I've not seen this in the other IRE I play. 

We tend to prefer to allow corruption, then leave players to fix it. It's one thing to disable the ability to rob a city blind and ruin the game for everyone, and another to allow small stuff like a corrupt leader RP.
    AlathesiaEmirIazamat
  • It is one thing to allow corruption, but to allow someone with a bounty to get a buddy to claim it to be free of said bounty defeats the purpose of even setting bounties. In my opinion. They should be tethered aligned.
    EmirIazamat
  • Alathesia said:

It is one thing to allow corruption, but to allow someone with a bounty to get a buddy to claim it to be free of said bounty defeats the purpose of even setting bounties. In my opinion. They should be tethered aligned.

To be fair, I would agree with it being tether aligned. However this was also a deal brokered with Bloodloch citizens and they took part of the gold.

To re-bounty me is one thing, but to complain and then bounty Giliand for following through on a deal agreed upon? Just saying, maybe people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
    Justus