LOVE

Comments

• Eydis said:

I have been reading more Terry Pratchett and I gotta say, I love his writing style and the humor he casually infuses into every page. I’m gonna have to read all of the disc world now lol. 

I can really recommend the Bromeliad trilogy (also known as the Nome trilogy). It's so much fun. Woooosh.

Eydis
  • SilenaSilena Immortal
    Arbre said:

A+ for getting an older cat. The older they get, the less likely they are to get adopted. 

And this is especially a shame, when "older cat" often means older than a year. Older cats are typically less destructive than kittens, require less time and attention and socializing, and their personalities are 'set.' If anyone has a cat or dog already is has heard the bit about it's better to adopt a kitten as they adapt better - not true. You're better off getting another cat that is around the same age as your current one. Or adopting an older cat that is known to have been socialized with dogs. With kittens there's no way to know how it'll work out.

*This has been Silena's random public service announcement.
    ZailaIanthe
  • Geez will you guys quit making me feel bad for getting my kitten :(
    (Web): Toz says, "Emir's Express Evacuation and Existence Eradicator, Every Experience is Explosive - Experience the Entirety of your Existence!"
    OonaghSilenaZailaMoxieHavenKalinaarEydisRijetta
  • Silena said:

Arbre said:

A+ for getting an older cat. The older they get, the less likely they are to get adopted. 

And this is especially a shame, when "older cat" often means older than a year. Older cats are typically less destructive than kittens, require less time and attention and socializing, and their personalities are 'set.'
    The above is literally the reason that 'older' cats were all we really looked at. The cat cafe I frequent is partnered with the local humane society, so all their cats (minus the resident Manager) are adoptable, and they get cats that all run the personality gamut - my housemate and I went and spent a couple hours with the cats (over a couple days) once we were ready to adopt, and then discussed of the ones that we'd met and felt a 'click' with which would likely be happiest in our home (we're mostly quiet people and we both work odd shifts, so the cat needed to be comfy with long periods of doing very little and being left alone for six plus hours sometimes) and so far, Mayonnaise has been perfect in every respect.

Specifically, he's not much of a cat cat, so he was likely to be happiest in a single cat home, and while affectionate and obviously fond of a good chin scratch, he doesn't get too bothered when lap time ends, so we felt he'd be fine if he was left to his own devices, unlike some of the more rambunctious kitties there that would have felt motivated to get in All The Things and generally make a mess.

Plus, I love that he tells me stories from other rooms. My housemate is not super fond of that (he often works later than I do, so the cat has definitely woken him up with Tales of the Day) but we've both been quickly smitten by our furry pal.
    SilenaDidi
  • Spontaneous little fights and reasonable attitudes! @stine @Benedicto @Iames <3 you all.

MY FEX!!!!!!!!!!! @Kanivara @Xenia @louse @Tirria @Diancecht @Alathesia ( @Emir @Robyn @Tatia ) you folks make all the work I do worth it, for real for real. <3<3<3<3<3<3
    Toz says, "Dishonor on you (Mjoll), dishonor on your family (Seirath), dishonor on your cow (Bulrok)"
    BenedictoStineAloliIamesXeniaRijettaAlathesia
  • @Aloli @Stine all my people in discord.

I’m sitting in a veterinary emergency room right now with a puppy that doesn’t understand what’s going on and you guys manage to make me not lose my mind. You manage to make me laugh and cry and have faith in humanity.

I honestly love all of you I speak with on a regular basis and to those who make this community worth being part of. For all the salt, there are also the laughs and smiles

God help me that he’s okay.
    StineMoxieAloliDidiJessieZailaSilenaEydisSeraphina
  • My new shaving soap arrived today (along with fresh blades and aftershave) and I just can't stop sniffing it.

I was pretty excited to try a new scent, and was pretty sure that this one would tickle my fancy, and oh man, I am so excited to shave.

The company that makes the soap (Stirling Soap Co.) makes amazing soaps, and this scent (Arkadia) may be my favourite.

Sometimes, the little things are the best.
    Didi
  • Making a breakthrough in multiple coding blocks that have given me trouble for some time.

@Aloli @Eliadon @Church are all the best for ideas, help and letting me groan and ramble.
    Aloli
  • RijettaRijetta Nowhere Important
    Mjoll said:

Spontaneous little fights and reasonable attitudes! @stine @Benedicto @Iames <3 you all.

MY FEX!!!!!!!!!!! @Kanivara @Xenia @louse @Tirria @Diancecht @Alathesia ( @Emir @Robyn @Tatia ) you folks make all the work I do worth it, for real for real. <3<3<3<3<3<3 </p>

wow.
    A low, sultry voice resounds within the depths of your mind, "I look forward to seeing your descent."
    Zaila
  • Haha get rekt
    (Web): Toz says, "Emir's Express Evacuation and Existence Eradicator, Every Experience is Explosive - Experience the Entirety of your Existence!"
  • Rijetta said:

Mjoll said:

Spontaneous little fights and reasonable attitudes! @stine @Benedicto @Iames <3 you all.

MY FEX!!!!!!!!!!! @Kanivara @Xenia @louse @Tirria @Diancecht @Alathesia ( @Emir @Robyn @Tatia ) you folks make all the work I do worth it, for real for real. <3<3<3<3<3<3 </p>

wow.
    Last login was 31 days ago. :rage:
    Toz says, "Dishonor on you (Mjoll), dishonor on your family (Seirath), dishonor on your cow (Bulrok)"
    IazamatKalinaarOonaghMoxieRijetta
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    edited July 2019
    Happy Traitors Day to you all. Don't forget though....!

KalinaarIesidSilenaNavaZailaTeaniMoxieAloliRhine
  • @Tythos @Iesid @Rhine @Stine @Isia Thanks for making my waking moments great!
    StineRhineIesid
  • AloliAloli Between Books
    edited July 2019
    @Stine @Benedicto @Church @Kalinaar @Kaiara

Thank you for always being so patient with teaching and testing things! You take the time to explain the little things and sometimes in multiple ways and that has made learning fun. You're all amazing and truly a delight to interact with daily. Thank you! :heart:

Edit: And @Haven!!
    Between what is said and not meant, and what is meant and not said, most of love is lost. - Khalil Gibran
    StineHavenKalinaarChurchBenedicto
  • Big up to all my spinesreach pals! You know who you are. You're there for me IC. You're there for me OOC, even the peoples who dont know about stuff are still ever supportive dudes and dudettes when i need to suddenly crap out on people and leave or afk.

I've needed this game recently. Even if I've not been able to commit much or write anything decent. And i really appriciate how friendly the atmosphere has been with the folks ive been chilling with.

In short, YOU'RE BREATHTAKING!!
    AouriAgothaxlKalinaarTekiasDidiDrystinAros
  • AloliAloli Between Books
    edited November 2019
    I love the admins! The monastery just got a very special tree and I'm so in love with it, I've got so many cool plans for it! Thank you

a large weeping cherry blossom tree

The weeping cherry blossom tree provides shade and faint perfume, its boughs laden with blooms and various coloured Tekura belts

This weeping cherry blossom tree is a unique hybrid of redwood, cherry blossom, and weeping willow, cultivated by the Sentaari Monks. It is massive in both size and height, venturing past one hundred feet tall, its large roots spread generously and occasionally break the ground to provide seating or picnic spots. Ancient in its presence, evidence of care and respect are visible in how well it is tended to. Stone columns have been erect to support the more massive boughs and guide their branches. The tree is perpetually in full bloom; its canopy sweeps the ground in delicate curtains and bears a gentle pink hue; beams of light break through the branches, highlighting the lush grass growing around the roots. Various colored martial arts belts with names sewn into them have been tied around random branches, a tradition of the Abbey.

Between what is said and not meant, and what is meant and not said, most of love is lost. - Khalil Gibran
    MoxieHavenDidiRhineIesid
  • RijettaRijetta Nowhere Important
    A low, sultry voice resounds within the depths of your mind, "I look forward to seeing your descent."
    Cayn
  • @Chakrasul :heart: - it was real cool!
    CaynRebra
  • <3 Ascendrils. They know why.
    Seurimas
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch

@Valingar pointed this out to me and I am forever in debt to him for it!!

Message #14708 Sent By: Valingar Received On: 12/11/2019/15:59
    "/ Check total assists ranking. You have 6666 assists, you devil :D."

************************[ RANKINGS FOR TOTAL ASSISTS ]*************************
    Rank Count Player
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1 6772 Valingar
    2 6666 Rhyot
    3 4196 Mazzion

PhoeneciaMoxieRebraCaynDrystinSekeres
  • @shamans
    @duiran

So much love for the current event  <3
    Rhine
  • I love when shit goes down.
    StineCaynSeraphina
  • Massive shout out to Chakrasul and Bamathis both.
    Copperhead of the Third Spoke says to you, "Intelligence matrix in moniker Bulrok reveals above average results when compared alongside proximal presence."
    BenedictoIesidStineSeraphinaRijetta
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    Bulrok said:

Massive shout out to Chakrasul and Bamathis both.

Would like to echo this sentiment to both @Chakrasul and Bamathis.
    IesidStineAloliSeraphina
  • Thank you @Ethne for going out of your way to give lil ol me some of your time. In the couple of years I've been playing Aet this was among only a handful of interactions I've had with a divine and its been very fun. Moments like that really make the world of Aetolia so much more immersive and interesting for me personally.

You've been very active and I'm sure I don't speak for myself alone when I say it's been greatly appreciated.
    StineMoxieTiurRhineCaynCzciennBenedictoAloliMelantha
  • SO MUCH <3 to whichever @admin came and redecorated @Iesid's and Rhine's taproom. The whole thing was extremely enjoyable (even if Rhine absolutely -hates- the new look). I love it! It's just fantastic.
    CaynIesid