Short COMBAT Questions

1181920212224»

Comments

• edited February 2017
    Less commands in stupidity while fighting classes that do not gain advantage through lower enemy mana pools.

Edit: Also the opportunity to put up Insomnia while locked.
    (Web): Toz says, "Emir's Express Evacuation and Existence Eradicator, Every Experience is Explosive - Experience the Entirety of your Existence!"
    ReuxSeir
  • ErebosErebos Right there! Oh you missed him!
    If you eat the herb, it can be used to stack herb balances. If you use insomnia, it eats your mana. 

Pick your poison.

• Eating Cohosh does not consume herb balance.
    (Web): Toz says, "Emir's Express Evacuation and Existence Eradicator, Every Experience is Explosive - Experience the Entirety of your Existence!"
    Weird! The more you know. 

• I am weird huzzah
    LinSeirRijetta
  • Sometimes I just don't want to waste plants while my insomnia keeps getting stripped.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    edited February 2017
    It's situational. As a Shaman, I'll primarily use cohosh since insomnia is taxing on my already mana/will-intensive offense. Certain conditions, however, would force me into using insomnia, such as the ones @Emir has already stated.

Edit: Stupidity isn't a terrible issue with cohosh if you pre-cache it as well.
     If Anorexia Is stuck, insomnia would be better.

• Seir said:
     Edit: Stupidity isn't a terrible issue with cohosh if you pre-cache it as well.
    Even with pre cache you're still sending too many commands for my liking, not to mention that stupidity can (or could?) Cause you to strip insomnia yourself.

It's a micromanagement judgement call in the end. 100 mana vs 2x the potential of proning yourself, sleeping yourself, or just never even putting insomnia back up.
  • TedrunaiTedrunai Immortal
    edited February 2017
    @Reux eating cohosh/tongue slices are subject to stupidity, the insomnia command is not.
    EmirReux
  • What classes are under utilized or have limited players in their guild? Light or Dark.
  • edited October 2017
    @Macian I don't think any guilds have limited players with able to take on other classes through apprenticeship but a few classes are under utilized, Mages, Teradrim, Sentinel, Shaman? Carnifex, Zealot?

The ones with ? I would say ARE and Carnifex I am unsure of anyone currently minus one or two who uses it for COMBAT similar to Sentinel, Sentinels at lessers just auto bash you so my list is only when it comes to Combat.
    MayhemHunting - Discord Chat - CLANHELP MAY (ingame)

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Carnifex is understaffed like crazy.
  • @Keroc is this working as intended?

Warning: Strong language. Or something.

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/e8VwYQOU
  • KerocKeroc A small cupboardAdministrator, Immortal
    Emir said:

@Keroc is this working as intended?

Warning: Strong language. Or something.

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/e8VwYQOU

Yeah, that is correct. It's a bit of a hold over from an older era that you can only dampen aggressive rites if they have you enemied, but it is working like it should.
  • Is there a way to make ENHANCE SPEED BAL useful to Praenomen in 1v1 pvp?
  • Zyanya said:
    Is there a way to make ENHANCE SPEED BAL useful to Praenomen in 1v1 pvp?
    Not as useful as eq is to be honest. You need the eq speed, you don't need the bal. 
  • To be a good vampire you need eq enhanced and you need a crown! If you don’t have both you can’t beat pill balance and will never kill anybody! Lucky for you they have a amulet to replace crown now 
    Kalinaar
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    I'm kind of stuck on how to deal with Lycans. Delaying restoration to a higher threshold has given me more survivability but I'm finding that eventually I have to apply restoration and if I can't kill them prior to that then I'm doomed from that point out.

I know limb classes are a hard counter to Luminary but Lycans shrekt me so hard that I'm inclined to think it's my curing. Any tips?
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • Haven said:

I'm kind of stuck on how to deal with Lycans. Delaying restoration to a higher threshold has given me more survivability but I'm finding that eventually I have to apply restoration and if I can't kill them prior to that then I'm doomed from that point out.

I know limb classes are a hard counter to Luminary but Lycans shrekt me so hard that I'm inclined to think it's my curing. Any tips?

I feel like this might be beyond the scope of a short question thread, but!

Keep in mind all the alternative ways to cure mending breaks. You've got tree, erase, and (in a pinch) restore, to name a few. Pushing lethargy slows them down considerably, which should be simple enough for a Luminary to do. Parry most damaged (in terms of break level, for the most part) limb. Reset the fight if you have to - don't let someone bully you out of running away. As Eliadon used to tell me a lot, not dying is the key to winning. ;)
    (Congregation): Iosyne says, "I made a cup."

Horkval are a feature...
    Mjoll
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Hawa said:

Parry most damaged (in terms of break level, for the most part) limb.

Care to elaborate on this some?

¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • Haven said:

Hawa said:

Parry most damaged (in terms of break level, for the most part) limb.

Care to elaborate on this some?

Well, I mean... rather than parrying with reference to limb damage percentages, if you had one restoration (aka level 2) break and two mending (aka level 1) breaks, you'd parry the limb with the restoration break. Versus most typical limb classes, you wouldn't parry the limb with the restoration break because you're probably restoring it, so damage done from hits while it's restoring are (somewhat) wasted time. Shapeshifters instantly escalate from one break level to the next, though, so if you don't parry your restoration break, you run the risk of having it become mangled (aka level 3), which will leave you with a level 2/restoration break once the poultice effect completes.

After highest break level, your parry priority should be legs, then arms. It's not always entirely avoidable, but you want to avoid being prone against a shapeshifter at nearly all costs, as that's one of their main hurdles in achieving jawlocks.

The big caveat as far as all of this goes is regarding your torso and, especially, head. It's generally dangerous to pre-restore against a shapeshifter since it gives them the opportunity to get way ahead of your poultice balance, but ever having a damaged head is a good way to die. Falling unconscious not only makes you prone, but it also negates your parry and stops you from curing anything at all! That's super bad news! Avoid, avoid, avoid! Getting close to having your head broken is an example of a very, very good time to run and reset a fight. It's much better to restore that up and start over than to fall unconscious.
    (Congregation): Iosyne says, "I made a cup."

Horkval are a feature...
    HavenMeihuiGaladriel
  • I don't agree. You have to be able to read the lycan in question. For example. You can be parrying your most damaged limb, but all of a sudden they double break the opposite limbs. FYI, a good lycan will beat the best luminary every day of the week. With the ability to double break both arms and legs, on a pretty short balance time, the ability to induce sleep, as well as use a hidden eq knock, the luminary will never be able to dish out enough afflictions fast enough. That being said. It is totally feasible to beat lycans as luminary if they are not top tier. Being able to have the healing rite, and use cleansing to heal level 1 limb breaks while restoring can be a game changer. Do not under any circumstances use peace as they can just straight up ignore it. As far as parrying goes, try to read how you opponent attacks, parry things that are broken, to avoid getting mangled, prioritize arms so that you can continue parrying, and your mace arm if it comes down to it, so you can continue parrying. Because even if they manage to mangle a leg, you can then cure your level 1 break, parry the leg before the destroy and really hurt a lycan's salve pressure. Also, she's right about lethargy. It does slow a lycan by .4 seconds if it stays on them however, the real detriment is that lycans use a lot of endurance to attack, so that x4 endurance drain can lead to a win in the long run.
    MoxieHavenDrystinDidi
  • Not precisely a combat question, but does anyone know what the admin/game design reasoning for PvP deaths causing double XP loss? I understand raiding being discouraged so it has a higher XP penalty, but why is just general PvP attached to higher XP loss?
  • Alix said:

Not precisely a combat question, but does anyone know what the admin/game design reasoning for PvP deaths causing double XP loss? I understand raiding being discouraged so it has a higher XP penalty, but why is just general PvP attached to higher XP loss?

Likely risk vs. reward. You gain a good chunk of xp for killing a player by yourself. You get some for shared kills.
  • TiurTiur Producer
    The double exp loss is attached to raiding and being in enemy territory. We give PvP high experience gains, zero loss in structured PvP, normal loss in unstructured, and double loss where things could get griefy.

Incentivize what you want, that's the game design motto.
    AlixSaybre