Short Questions

Comments

• Can the dishes from the cultural fair from 2017 still be purchased somewhere?

• edited March 2019
    I can't understand the unenemy-ing quest for Edengo because I don't speak Mitrine, so I can't get unenemied from the faction. This would be fine and acceptable, except I need to be able to go into the town to get the barding talent. Am I missing something, or does the talent dispensing mob need to be moved?

EDIT: Apparently you can just fly past the weird entrance blocking thing, and I'm just silly. Ignore me!
  • Speaking of unenemying, is it still possible to get unenemied from General Xaeon's Goblins? As far as I know, that faction doesn't even exist anymore.
    Aloli
  • my quick search didn't turn up an answer, but i'm v v curious. when you SURVEY, sometimes you'll see a message like the following:
    This location is capable of producing the following commodities:
    meager amounts of cloth, meager amounts of leather, meager amounts of steel and scant traces of gold

what is this about? is it some kind of holdover from achaea, the magical land where i'm told you can gather comms??? something else????? pls tell me :3
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
    An Atzob cultist says, "Is a shamatato as tasty as a potato?"
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

• Old war system and commodity production based on the area, AFAIK.
    VyxsisDannon
  • Stine got it.
    Toz says, "Dishonor on you (Mjoll), dishonor on your family (Seirath), dishonor on your cow (Bulrok)"
    Vyxsis
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    Is there, or is there not a command for PACK SNOWBALLS that can be done whenever there's either A. Snow on the ground, or B. it's an environment that -precludes- snow on the ground? I know that Achaea has the command, but I could've sworn it was in -all- of the IRE commands. With the problem being in Aetolia the "Pack" commands for Lycanthropes making it hard to figure out the proper command stuffs.
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    @Axius I believe the proper command is ROLL SNOWBALL, when standing in a room with snow.

• Is the command ARTICALL ALL meant to pull artifacats such as scrollracks and casks that have been priced in shops?

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    ya ALL is
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Is there a way to dump one cask into another? I magically wound up with two casks of xentio. : (
  • Just how good is first aid?

I'm slowly cobbling together a really basic system in mudlet as a way to teach myself lua (I know what I want the system to do, so learning the code to make it happen is easier than just trying to make random scripts or trying to dissect others with their individual code styles for my brain) but if I don't need to write a curing system, I won't waste my time.

I'm told that using it for just bashing is fine, but that it's not usually 'good enough' for higher level pvp - why/how is that? Is it just specific things I need to code (i.e. first aid will cure affs and sip, but it doesn't utilize certain abilities?) or is first aid super amazing and all the talk of it being less than such is outdated nonsense?
  • Firstaid does decent enough. I used it to good effect at mid to higher levels of dueling. You have to code your own class curing and defense handling (for the most part) and support it with little tricks, like elevating paresis when you have tree balance or want to shield, or a second before it transforms into paralysis, etc., but it's a very usable thing!
    Toz says, "Dishonor on you (Mjoll), dishonor on your family (Seirath), dishonor on your cow (Bulrok)"
  • RijettaRijetta Nowhere Important
    I still use FirstAid. My system CONSTANTLY alters things, messes with it, and basically creates curesets on the fly, so it's maybe a little disingenuous to say that I use FirstAid, but I totally use FirstAid.
    A low, sultry voice resounds within the depths of your mind, "I look forward to seeing your descent."
    Kalinaar
  • VyxsisVyxsis Vyxsis
    @Corlin i think the important thing to note is that FA's effectiveness is largely based on how you configure it. it really is capable of curing pretty well, for the most part, if set up properly. there will still be a few things you need to write your own code to handle well, but that'd be the case regardless. if you don't already have a curing system you like (and it sounds like you don't), i'd definitely try tinkering with it first.
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
    An Atzob cultist says, "Is a shamatato as tasty as a potato?"
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

• @Vyxsis - I intend to do a lot of tinkering and fiddling as I wade into the morass that is system coding. In an ideal world, I'll come out with something that'll look pretty and keep me alive in equal measure.

As for what systems I do and don't have access to, I'm trying to keep away from other people's code in deciding how mine should function - lest I lean too heavily on the copy/paste and avoid any actual learning. At this point, I'm expecting to lean heavily on firstaid for most curing, and attempt to supplement or augment it, rather than seeking to code around it. Yours, and other answers I've received here - and elsewhere - lead me to believe I'll probably have to ask more pointed questions - and perhaps make a topic for them - when I better know what questions to ask.

But, knowing that I'll want to code system side use for class skills and such does give me a starting point, and figuring out different configurations for firstaid will inevitably be a step on the path.
  • Corlin said:
    @Vyxsis - I intend to do a lot of tinkering and fiddling as I wade into the morass that is system coding. In an ideal world, I'll come out with something that'll look pretty and keep me alive in equal measure. As for what systems I do and don't have access to, I'm trying to keep away from other people's code in deciding how mine should function - lest I lean too heavily on the copy/paste and avoid any actual learning. At this point, I'm expecting to lean heavily on firstaid for most curing, and attempt to supplement or augment it, rather than seeking to code around it. Yours, and other answers I've received here - and elsewhere - lead me to believe I'll probably have to ask more pointed questions - and perhaps make a topic for them - when I better know what questions to ask. But, knowing that I'll want to code system side use for class skills and such does give me a starting point, and figuring out different configurations for firstaid will inevitably be a step on the path.
    I asked around about this recently because I was considering getting back into coding a system.

Because the PVP pool is small and therefore not terribly competitive, you could get by with just firstaid - but this will be a consequence of other people's inadequacy rather than the competence of firstaid. That is, if you just want a casual curing system, firstaid would more than likely suffice in practice. 

However, it sounds like you are serious about coding a good system that you can be proud of. If so, you'll want to redo your own curing as firstaid has some quirks that will limit your performance in potentially fatal ways.

I'm personally resigned to not coding around firstaid, myself, as I would hate to invest that time coding around it only to lose a fight due to its limitations (and not mine). 
  • TsyTsy
    edited May 2019
    This could probably be asked IG, but I've always been weird about asking (particularly for me, since in Lusternia and Imperian it got offered to me OOCly on Discord), so I'm just gonna ask here:
    Is powerbashing still a thing here? I'm super lazy these days :( Will totally offer credits in exchange, if I encounter a reasonable offer. Sorry if it's not exactly the right section to ask.

• ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    It is definitely still a thing. But, you'll have a better chance getting someone to help you by asking ICly over your city/guild/Market. The first two are unlikely to expect / accept payment, buy offering some over market will probably get you leads in a hurry (even if those don't accept it, either) 
  • TsyTsy
    edited May 2019
    I'd rather pay for a service than just have it given freely, personally. I kinda treat it the same way I'd treat if someone asked me... If some random person I didn't know asked me to take them bashing, when I'd make no mention of offering it, I'd be like huh?
    Maybe I'm just weird in that I don't like openly asking for things... That's a possibility, too. Hence credits!

• Tsy said:

I'd rather pay for a service than just have it given freely, personally. I kinda treat it the same way I'd treat if someone asked me... If some random person I didn't know asked me to take them bashing, when I'd make no mention of offering it, I'd be like huh?
    Maybe I'm just weird in that I don't like openly asking for things... That's a possibility, too. Hence credits!

What I did? I bought chests. I got a ton of globes, mint, chalice. That's the way to powerbash to endgame.
  • TsyTsy
    edited May 2019
    Agothaxl said:

Tsy said:

What I did? I bought chests. I got a ton of globes, mint, chalice. That's the way to powerbash to endgame.
    You missed the part where I said I was lazy. Would also prefer not to bother with lootbox promos, and the globes on the auction place are... Expensive. I'm not exactly jacked to the rim with credits :P
    eta: I wasn't expecting Tekal in a day. More a "pay as I go" thing, really. S'what I did in those other two games, anyways.

• Tsy said:

Agothaxl said:

Tsy said:

You missed the part where I said I was lazy. Would also prefer not to bother with lootbox promos, and the globes on the auction place are... Expensive. I'm not exactly jacked to the rim with credits :P
    eta: I wasn't expecting Tekal in a day. More a "pay as I go" thing, really. S'what I did in those other two games, anyways.
    Hey, was just saying! It's still pretty lazy :P But I get it!
  • Agothaxl said:

Tsy said:

Agothaxl said:

Tsy said:

Hey, was just saying! It's still pretty lazy :P But I get it!
    If you wanna give me globes, I won't say no. ;)

• ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    Tsy said:
    I'd rather pay for a service than just have it given freely, personally. I kinda treat it the same way I'd treat if someone asked me... If some random person I didn't know asked me to take them bashing, when I'd make no mention of offering it, I'd be like huh? Maybe I'm just weird in that I don't like openly asking for things... That's a possibility, too. Hence credits!
    For the record, I wasn't suggesting asking anyone one-on-one or asking anyone to do it for free, I meant you should do:

MARKET paying well to be taken along on a huntkng trip! Credits or gold! Send tells!

Doing that over CT works well, too. I was just saying that you'll get t offers and people will often refuse to let you pay them. 
  • Ask @Rhyot, he's the patron saint of bashing. 
    ZailaRhyotXeniaVyxsis
  • Rhyot scares me tbh.

• He shouldn't. 
    (Web): Toz says, "Emir's Express Evacuation and Existence Eradicator, Every Experience is Explosive - Experience the Entirety of your Existence!"
  • Tsy is smol baby orc girl, Rhyot big scurry Chaos Lord.

• BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    Is there a command to buy mushroom sigils? I notice that 'mushroomsigil' doesn't work and for any shops that also stock reishi mushrooms, using just 'mushroom' bulk buys you that instead of the sigil! It means having to buy each mushroom sigil individually via its item number. Very frustrating!