Artifact ideas

Comments

• MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    Moirean said:
    TBH, it'd probably be cheaper to buy tailoring and just permanence the designs (you get 10 free ones) than it would be to buy artifact clothing.
    I would tend to agree, however there is NOTHING more annoying than waking up one day to find you are completely naked having to walk past people as you either make your way to a shop to buy cloths (for those that do not have tailoring) or gather coms (if that person is out).

I have artifact powers on each of my clothing items....my favorite...  an interdimensional pair of black underpants....it has lvl 1 cache expansion!  haha
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I bet they expand that cache.
    Zun
    they expand Macavity's ego thats for sure!  haha
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Expands his.. epeen, if you will.
  • Keep 'em coming!

(no promise that anything is going to get used, but there's a lot of good ideas so far)
    Haydyn
  • KerrynKerryn The Black Flagon Inn
    Alistaire said:
    Can we have a version of the furniture polish artifact (makes funiture permanent) that makes clothing permanent? Divine thread or something?
    I wish the varnish was actually changed so that it wasn't able to be mushroomed. I'd rather pay for a 'strip' artifact like varnish that removes the varnish should someone change their mind about furniture and wish to destroy the item varnished. Only appliable by the owner of course. This way we can leave things outside havens without the fear of someone being a sharp object and mushrooming that piece of furniture.

Erzsebet
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    I know I said artifact bandages earlier in this thread, but I wanted to expand slightly on that. The artifact version would not only be permanent and reset to a person's inventory, but it would also hold double the number of presses (like artifact vials.) The cost should be the same as any other artifact vial.
    Tza
    Sarita said:
    I know I said artifact bandages earlier in this thread, but I wanted to expand slightly on that. The artifact version would not only be permanent and reset to a person's inventory, but it would also hold double the number of presses (like artifact vials.) The cost should be the same as any other artifact vial.
    I honestly do not know why we do not already have this....I mean we have vials, pipes, syringes and can do needles with a power on it, so why not bandages!?!?!  I just dont get it
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

• AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Sign me up for about 20 bandages....just saying.
    Riluo
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    It'd be nice if the culling blade had a minor chance to proc on assists. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    IlyonSeir
  • mmm I generally like more fun and utility artifacts, rather than Offensive/Defense or combat related ones. Generally those bought with Iron Coins I admit..hmm I wonder if we have a thread for that
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    edited March 2013
    I'd say the Culling Blade is strong as is given its function. Given that they've, supposedly (I say this because it appears to be bugged), added the ability for you to only have one auto-rezz chance now since they no longer stack, the blade is good enough as is.

Edit: If anything, I'd really like it if admins could really take a look at some of the artifacts and give them reasonable prices for the utility that they offer. 750 credits for a Mask of Lifevision or 800 credits for an artifact that just gives the user the ability to shroud is pretty excessive considering that with 800 credits, you can nearly tri-trans a Necromancer based class that gives you all of those and then some. Not to mention, those artifacts are nowhere near useful as others in its price range, like wings.

Aldric
  • Is the Mask of Lifevision useful at all anymore? I mean with the (pretty much) removal of combat illusions..
    Not really, no.
  • Tza said:
    Is the Mask of Lifevision useful at all anymore? I mean with the (pretty much) removal of combat illusions..
    Lifevision is better than heatsight, so -some- usefulness is still there, but it's not worth the cost.

edited March 2013
    They do the same thing now when it comes to utility provided. Illusion combat really no longer exists except for maybe Mages so Lifevision's advantage is pretty moot. Really, it's a very minor difference.
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Lifevision shows movement in and out of a room that heatsight won't.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Interesting.

nerf.
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    A cheapy little 50cr case designed to hold fumology creations and triples the time it takes for them to decay while within.
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
    Zun
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    They're called stasis bags!!
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    Stasis bags themselves decay. And can't be customized to look like a sleek, metallic case with a stylized KdN monogram on them.
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
    Zun
  • Daskalos said:

Fairly sure that is lifescent not lifevision.  But I may be wrong, so maybe a Vampire can clarify that.
    Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
    Wyvern's Talons for old school Metamorphosis hoist? 

Pleaseohpleaseohplease. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    MoireanRivasKonnorn
  • Mastema said:

Daskalos said:

Fairly sure that is lifescent not lifevision.  But I may be wrong, so maybe a Vampire can clarify that.

Lifescent is alertness.

Mastema
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Illidan said:
    Wyvern's Talons for old school Metamorphosis hoist? 

Pleaseohpleaseohplease. 
    I miss bird forms. I bought the flight ring and was so bummed when I found out that traverse isn't game-wide like it used to be. I'd buy hoist claws anyways, though. >_>
    Traverse was never gamewide and only area wide. Track, on the other hand, was gamewide. 
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    It's lifevision... because I don't have lifescent :P But I do have lifevision and heatsight. :)

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Haven
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Lifevision has always shown the exit/entrance of shrouded individuals along with whatever else it normally does.

Was one of the reasons I was bummed with Carnifex as many of the necromancy utility skills got a downgrade in Deathlore.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Track is still continent/planewide.