Guild and city unification

2»

Comments

• Then let's use SUPER for the alias, SUPERS and SUPERL for shadow and light.

• MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    I sort of wish Guilds had a bit more pull with the city, as it stands now we are tied to them but we have little say in what goes on.

Since the guards of the city take on the form of the guilds attached to the city, can we have something in the Guild that allows us to interact with those guards? Like something that the guild members can do, to either empower the guards more or less. I think this could help make guilds more relevant for cities, and would force cities to have to work with the guild if relations start to buckle.
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
    Haven
  • AloliAloli Between Books
    I still think my cross-guild-city training idea is going to help, at least we're working on it in Duiran.
    Between what is said and not meant, and what is meant and not said, most of love is lost. - Khalil Gibran
  • ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    Xenia said:

that exists, it's called Market!

No-no, what you're thinking of is SHOUTs!
    Xenia
  • VyxsisVyxsis Vyxsis
    Macavity said:

I sort of wish Guilds had a bit more pull with the city, as it stands now we are tied to them but we have little say in what goes on.

Since the guards of the city take on the form of the guilds attached to the city, can we have something in the Guild that allows us to interact with those guards? Like something that the guild members can do, to either empower the guards more or less. I think this could help make guilds more relevant for cities, and would force cities to have to work with the guild if relations start to buckle.

what if one of the GMs decides she wants to foment insurrection amongst the guards so that she can take over the city?

... asking for a friend... a hypothetical friend... i would never do this... not again, anyways...
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
    An Atzob cultist says, "Is a shamatato as tasty as a potato?"
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

LeanaMacavityPazradymKodaTekias
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    Vyxsis said:

Macavity said:

what if one of the GMs decides she wants to foment insurrection amongst the guards so that she can take over the city?

... asking for a friend... a hypothetical friend... i would never do this... not again, anyways...

I mean it would allow the Guild to have some power over the city, currently they are powerless. But totally LOLed on this!
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."