Class Viability

2»

Comments

• This thread, down to the letter, went how I expected.

Interesting to see where a few classes placed in terms of teams. It deviated a little from my own selections, but not by much.

To catch up:

o Luminary has a ton of hinder. It has an amazing kit of defense. It has amazing team fight utility, a good closer, a gotcha (absolve), and just supports other strategies incidentally. It deserves its placement in A tier for solo and S for teams. I think it might belong in S for solo, but I haven't played sect enough to make that call.

o Shaman is a very strong class in all categories.

o I thought for sure Carnifex was going to be A tier in teams.

o Team combat is about way, way more than your Time To Kill on paper. This is why Spirit groans when people want to do things like QuarterBot, etc. A gimmick like that doesn't contribute anything and anybody that thinks it has a place as a mainstay or frequent strategy should probably reassess how they view team PK.

If anybody here truly underestimates the power of the following:

confusion
    lethargy
    berserking
    weariness
    clumsiness
    blurry vision
    heart flutter
    plodding
    idiocy

Or anything like it, you should probably be reassessing how you view this game's combat balance or your own strategy personally. This game is balanced on a razor's edge, numerically. 0.4 is a lot of time, esp. when you consider how fast certain base cure balances are.

VyxsisFezzixStine
  • VyxsisVyxsis Vyxsis
    i just wanna give a shout-out to @Iesid for generally being such a chill and reasonable fella. i appreciate that.
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
    An Atzob cultist says, "Is a shamatato as tasty as a potato?"
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

Iesid