Announce post #2945: Sexual harassment, rape, administration

<pre>4/15/2019 at 2:04
Tiur, the Gnosis
Everyone
Sexual harassment, rape, administration

This is a post I never wanted to make.

Aetolia is a Gothic Horror MUD, with dark themes and implied content, subtly and not subtly, within the game world. This builds a setting and scope for the lives lead by the common and uncommon denizen.

That said, player consent is paramount when it comes to roleplayed scenarios.

We have had a reoccuring issue with rape roleplay in Aetolia, that needs to be addressed. On one hand, these dark themes are not an excuse to pressure or harass others into roleplay they do not want. On the other, giving consent does not then give you the right to use the roleplay you agreed to, to sabotage another's reputation. We have seen too much of both of these. Both damage the community and game, not only your own reputation.

HELP HARASSMENT has been updated again. Of all the themes and points of character development available to you in this game, sexual assault is not one the administration is going to endorse as part of your storyline, player to player.

Nonconsensual RP is not something that will happen. If you feel pressured, log out. Go to a portal room, necrosis, get out of that space. Contact the administration: ISSUE yourself, MESSAGE TIUR, send tiur@aetolia.com an email, send a message on the forums. Use your voice.

Penned by my hand on Gosday, the 25th of Variach, in the year 480 MA.</pre>
MjollVyxsisIazamatOonaghTekiasNavaRhyotTeaniDannonAloli

Comments

• i know it sucks that you've had to deal with this at all, but if it's any consolation?

i really, really appreciate this. i can't express strongly enough how important it is to have a strong & clear stance on sexual harassment, and seeing that you're willing to do this builds a good deal of confidence. thank you.
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
    An Atzob cultist says, "Is a shamatato as tasty as a potato?"
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

OonaghTekiasSaritaPazradymRhyotDannonRhineAloli