Announce post #2941: New Class

<pre>4/1/2019 at 2:42
Tiur, the Gnosis
Everyone
New Class

So, it's Don't Trust the Internet day. Normally I would pick on everyone and put up something that, while hilarious to me, actually made people a little annoyed at playing.

Not this year!

Instead, I give you access to a Bad Idea Class. There are many BICs, like Jesters, anything with Vodun, and the short-lived werehamster... but this one is special, because it actually works.

I give you: Savant

SAVANT
------
Look at what skills you have and may use.

SAVANT EMBRACE
--------------
Embrace the Savant form, abandoning your class (temporarily) to use only the skills you have learned as a Savant. Any mobile killed while a Savant may potentially teach you one of its abilities! Don't mind the crazy names, or the complete inapropriate nature of some of them... mobiles learn odd things sometimes. If you learn a more powerful version of an ability, it will replace the old. Cannot learn from Eld or Vermin. Or any instantkills.

SAVANT RELEASE
--------------
Go back to being a boring, normal class. You will remember savant things, but cannot use them.

SAVANT MIMIC <ability> ON <target>
----------------------------------
Use an ability you've copied! Its mana cost and equilibrium use is related to the relative power level of the ability.

This is going to break. Just have fun. Don't BUG or ISSUE unless you're stuck or something. Message me if something is outright broken and unfun, but this is just a silly day!

-T

PS: Yes, you only start with a baby humgii punch. You'll have to use that to work your way up to more interesting attacks!

Penned by my hand on Gosday, the 16th of Niuran, in the year 479 MA.</pre>

Comments

• Uhhhhh. Name aside, looks cool as unicorns!
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    So, I've been playing with it for an hour now... Love it. Love everything about this.

A few things though...

1) Can you change the Savant skills by power instead of by what your newest attack is?
    2) Add in Savant into GMCP under the Class section?

Also.... I'm looking at Savant like a new pokemon game. Gotta catch all the Mimics. Gotta fill my MimicDex.

• TiurTiur Producer
    I never code GMCP, and since this was a solo side-joke (later fixed by Raz to work smoother)... alas no.
  • i didn't really use it, But i thought it seemed Like a cUtE idea

MAybe it can GEt another limited release at some point? seems a shame you work so much on something that only airs for a day
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
    An Atzob cultist says, "Is a shamatato as tasty as a potato?"
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

EmirOonagh
  • edited April 2019
    Ahhhh....I was having so much fun, I got upwards of 30+ different skills and was having a blast.

THANK YOU.

(Bring it back pretty please)
  • @Vyxsis be real, how hard did you work on that post?
    (Web): Toz says, "Emir's Express Evacuation and Existence Eradicator, Every Experience is Explosive - Experience the Entirety of your Existence!"
    OonaghVyxsis
  • Just saying....I will make Oonagh this outfit RN

• RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    So just as some constructive criticism, I noticed anything over 100 power had a time of 9.3s eq. This is great and all, but considering its lack of tank, makes it super easy to die.

If you dropped the balance down to a 5s eq base for anything over 100 power, I'd say it would be a solid bashing class. Furthermore, you could leave that as your PVE class and then refocus everything in the normal classes as a way to do PVP. Having a clear separation between the two is not necessarily a bad thing.

Love it overall though. Great new design/mechanic... even if it was for only a day. Hope you refine it a little bit and then re-release it.

Oonagh
  • A PvE based class would be awesome, not gonna lie, I never have been a basher, but I would certainly take it up.
  • Emir said:

@Vyxsis be real, how hard did you work on that post?

harder than Tiur did making Savant, but my brain is a lot smaller than his, probably
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

Stathan
  • Yeah this seemed really cool! I played around with it as much as I could, but time was not on my side so I never got beyond humgii kick. Since I didn't can I get a list of the options everyone else found?

• edited April 2019
    @Xenia

This is mine.

Side note, there was a bug with honeybee:sting...

I had at one point 25 bees following me around, which was hilarious and annoying I suppose.
    AymahXenia
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Honey gang honey gang honey gang
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    VyxsisIllikaalOonaghEmirXeniaKalinaar
  • Haven said:

HONEY GANG HONEY GANG HONEY GANG

OonaghIllikaalEmirHavenXenia
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    Haven said:

GANG GANG
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    VyxsisOonaghEmirHavenXenia
  • Yall best get back to your hive before you get hurt.

\/\/
    (Web): Toz says, "Emir's Express Evacuation and Existence Eradicator, Every Experience is Explosive - Experience the Entirety of your Existence!"
    VyxsisIllikaalHavenOonaghXenia
    edited April 2019
    Emir said:

Yall best get back to your hive before you get hurt.

\/\/

Check yoself \/\/asp don't nobody want you. This HONEY GANG territory.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    VyxsisEmirHavenOonaghXenia
  • edited April 2019
    The only thing anyone needs to know about \/\/asps and bees

EmirHavenIllikaalOonaghVyxsis
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee

XeniaHavenIllikaalOonaghVyxsisEmir
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Float like a butterfly, sting like a BEE.

Last wasp to cross honey gang territory got LIT UP:

Cooking wasps for days. Honey gang cuz.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    IllikaalEmirXeniaOonaghVyxsis
    HavenEmirOonaghXeniaVyxsis
  • Don't make me call up Trik Trik
    IllikaalOonaghVyxsisXenia
    Emir said:

Don't make me call up Trik Trik

You already know what you sound like.
    HavenOonaghVyxsis
  • Like a God, now sit down lil' youngin', you buggin'
    HavenXeniaIllikaalOonaghVyxsisKalinaar
  • @Oonagh Stop pretending. This is Oonagh's ideal outfit:

OonaghVyxsisKalinaar
  • edited April 2019
    Also a good choice. @Fezzix - But im not sure, I think a Vuvuzuela would be better than whatever that is.

Also we are whatever that kind of bee is that vibrates to cook things and kill them with body heat....VIBRO-BEES! ROLL OUT
    #honeygang
    VyxsisIllikaal
  • Emir said:

Don't make me call up Trik Trik

good, tell him to come back so i can get my third deathsight token whoopin on him

• EliadonEliadon Somewhere Over the Rainbow
    You know how I know honey gang ain't unicorns?

This man is still alive.
    OonaghVyxsisXeniaHaven