The Bloody Audit Thread

1235»

Comments

• edited March 2013
    Ezalor said:
    Eh, even with Sapivi it's not like your fire audit is higher than the other elemental audits. It's actually still lower than most others, forcing them to use fire damage isn't giving an advantage, just taking one away.
    Fire           55%          24%          0%           63%

Trololo?

The following abilities and items are protecting you from Fire damage:
    Resistance Ring: 10%
    Fire Resistance: 10%
    Miasma: 5%
    Divine Favor: 10%
    Racial Resistance: 10%

I'm Sapivi, and my Fire audit is the same as all my other elemental audits. 63%, the only one that is different is Magic, which is 59%. So yeah. Not that I'm an 'active combatant', but just saying.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    edited March 2013
    ...now go look at your other elemental audits. They're higher.

I'm well aware of how high you can get with Sapivi Powerful. You just won't ever be able to kill anyone with it. You're actually missing some stuff with your audit, you can get most things to 69% and cold to 73%.
  • I'm sure I am, I'm still learning and such. I only recently started using blue orb, but no, the other elemental audits are not higher.

Magic          50%          24%          0%           59%
    Fire           55%          24%          0%           63%
    Cold           55%          24%          0%           63%
    Electric       55%          24%          0%           63%

Unless I'm missing something here, I'm not sure why you would think they'd be higher.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
    edited March 2013
    That's odd, do you have rings for the other elements? They should all be 10% higher from vamp resists.

EDIT: Ah actually nevermind, wasn't accounting for something. Magic and Cold should be higher though.
  • I do have full resistance rings. Oh. I think I know why Fire is the same. You can use refrigerative serum and it gives you fire resistance.
    Malok said:
    I do have full resistance rings. Oh. I think I know why Fire is the same. You can use refrigerative serum and it gives you fire resistance.
    Right, Magic should be higher from Ward though and Cold from press fumeae. There's also the Epicurus statue that Bloodloch currently holds, one east from West Gate.
  • Yeah, I use the statue every time I log in. I don't pre-press fumeae though because it typically gets stripped for me by the stuff in Xaanhal pretty quickly. I guess everyone's audits are different. I do have Ward and Fortify and all that up too there. I'd wager to say the reason Magic is a little lower is that Powerful doesnt give you resistance to it.
    Ah, my old memory of 73%/69% audit was taking into account old Miasma, guess that's the difference.
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    Moirean said:
    Riluo said:

Currently I am powerful and doing 3.70 with scythe (level 3 runes) and 3.75 dwhispers.  I started relearning combat again earlier last week and got crushed by a lot of people with a few Carnifex just outpacing me to the point I was getting in no hits, only the odd whisper. So it looks like its time to switch stuff up!

I think that's partially just you being rusty. Carnifex, for example, are a (horribly-designed) momentum-based offense, so if you don't hinder and slow them or go defensive every now and then, they are going to be hitting you at 1.5 seconds eventually. Once you figure out how to slow em down, though (hint, it's called rebounding), they are a good bit slower with their hits.
    Man, I used to say rebounding was a way of slowing down Sentinels and people laughed at me.
  • Vamps are strong. They're the flagship of the game. But you yourself said they're not overpowered, Seir.

So leave them the hell alone. /glare
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Seir said:
    Moirean said:
    Riluo said:

Currently I am powerful and doing 3.70 with scythe (level 3 runes) and 3.75 dwhispers.  I started relearning combat again earlier last week and got crushed by a lot of people with a few Carnifex just outpacing me to the point I was getting in no hits, only the odd whisper. So it looks like its time to switch stuff up!

I think that's partially just you being rusty. Carnifex, for example, are a (horribly-designed) momentum-based offense, so if you don't hinder and slow them or go defensive every now and then, they are going to be hitting you at 1.5 seconds eventually. Once you figure out how to slow em down, though (hint, it's called rebounding), they are a good bit slower with their hits.
    Man, I used to say rebounding was a way of slowing down Sentinels and people laughed at me.
    Carnifex don't have razeslash, so rebounding kills an entire round of balance for us.
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    edited March 2013
    And the day I finally realized this I rejoiced. (which is a few weeks ago)

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Yeah, I always hated it when people figured it out when I was a Carnifex. They'd purposely not attack and let rebounding stay up for me to waste a round and raze and watch as their soul climbs back up again. That's why I'm kind of adamant about the idea of soul thirst in that it'd be fine with a tweak or two.

I recall one fight with @Luna, pre-epseth/epteth nerf, where I actually managed to hinder her enough to capitalize on my venom lock offense against her limb offense. I was a round or two away from securing the lock and getting the kill. Then I watched in horror and frustration but with major respect as she alternated between shielding and allowing rebounding to climb up to regain soul, essentially resetting the fight, before proceeding to kick my butt. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! I was so close. That rebounding man.

¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    edited March 2013
    Fenrir said:
    Vamps are strong. They're the flagship of the game. But you yourself said they're not overpowered, Seir.

So leave them the hell alone. /glare
    I never said that. I just don't use the word "overpowered" as it gets thrown around too much.

I think they need to be balanced with what other classes are capable of and have a reasonable weakness that doesn't revolve around a resource like blood.
  • And I think you're wrong.

So ha!
    Fenrir said:
    And I think you're wrong.

So ha!
    Well, you don't fight or have any substantiated claims or logs to back you up but...

Touche, you got me. I am DEFEATED.
  • Seir said:
    Fenrir said:
    And I think you're wrong.

So ha!
    Well, you don't fight or have any substantiated claims or logs to back you up but...

Touche, you got me. I am DEFEATED.
    This is the important part.
  • edited March 2013
    ********************************[ Resistances ]********************************
    Type           Defences     Miniskills   Armour       A. Total     
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cutting        15%          0%           24%          25%
    Blunt          15%          0%           32%          29%
    Magic          35%          24%          0%           50%
    Fire           25%          24%          0%           43%
    Cold           15%          24%          0%           36%
    Electric       15%          24%          0%           36%
    Poison         25%          18%          0%           38%
    Psychic        25%          24%          0%           43%
    Asphyxiation   15%          24%          0%           36%
    *******************************************************************************

This is my audit. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

No orbs.

Blessing (two, actually, but they don't stack any more).