Mildly Irritating: Aetolia's Pet Peeves

Comments

• I mean, it still exists as a hidden, obscuring, special exit room that the rest of the game can't have.
    Toz says, "Dishonor on you (Mjoll), dishonor on your family (Seirath), dishonor on your cow (Bulrok)"
  • StathanStathan Hot springs
    The Duiran room is a specal entrance/exit room that only Duiran can access. Enorian can't even activate it. You have to follow someone in. So, yeah.
  • They fixed it (with no changelog) after rejecting ours, but it was that way for quite a few (real life) years- just not frequently utilized. I definitely had to struggle with killing people hiding in there, however.

The advantage is (somewhat/mostly) neutralized now as you can just TOUCH SAPPHIRE over and over to keep the IN exit open, but it's still a little saferoom nestled away outside of most people's mappers.

It was in play, too, when you couldn't kill someone in a training room so I had to deal with more than one lifer forted up in there spamming mind radiance because I couldn't get to them, and even if I could there are guards and it's a saferoom.

Now, after making a huge fuss/stink to various people through messages/orgreqs/bugs/Discord, it's "fair". I think what upsets us is that this is 1) kind of typical feeling really, and 2) we were made to sound unreasonable with the "Just do it via building commands it's just like Duiran's lol" was the reply, despite there being no indication (on forums or game) that such a change was made, NOR was it acknowledged that, yes, there was a mechanical benefit that was Duiran-only while an active ruling was 'no advantages of this type are permitted'.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

StathanIazamat
  • ImvraImvra Immortal Immortal
    My post was not made flippantly, and I do apologize for it coming across this way. There are a lot of player-facing tools at your disposal, and I wanted to encourage your use of them!

I better understand your frustrations now, and the longer history of this room. We cannot do anything about what has happened in the past, but hold to a newer standard policy. Inaccessible rooms like what it had been are not things we are going to allow going forward. We are actively trying to adjust those as we become aware of them. Like guild halls, org-owned rooms need to be able to be bypassed, be it with a password that works for anyone that knows it, or killing the guardian or breaking the door.

I do not know if those kinds of changes need to be publicly announced. Would we then also need to publicize the entry points (and how to enter) all similar org-owned spaces? Or to maintain an in-between space of discovery so that there is room for those who are In The Know?

Going forward, if there are imbalancing spaces like this, please Issue yourself over them, so I can investigate. Bringing things up to equal standard is one of my priorities, with lore and with the physical world you experience.
    TozStathanEmirAloli
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Woosh, this is long. Let's end it with this:

The commands given to a person/org by HELP BUILDING and HELP CASTLES are meant to encompass everything you're allowed to do except for special entrances. So, when I read the Orgreq asking for all this room stuff the command can do, I assumed the orgreq wanted me to go outside the command and put it somewhere the command was intentionally disabled. The response was worded poorly, too, so I made it worse! I should have said that any special entrance outside the command, at least for an org, has to be non-restricted. As in, there's a guard to kill, or non-citizens can use the password. I'm also hesitant to just add rooms outside where the BUILDING commands work.

Now, a player can buy a House pretty much everywhere in a city. Then they can put in a special entrance. Then they can make all sorts of whatever, and control who can access via the special entrance. That was not meant to make hiding spaces, but apparently it happens, and now we need to discuss what to do about that. Please label this a separate process.

That's what it looks like happened here. I did not explain the rejection to BL well enough, and did not understand what Duiran had going on. Sorry! I'll chat with Zenobia (I owe her more than a chat, I didn't realize the degree to which she was under the bus here) and I apologize to the others that I made feel ignored.

Also, I really don't want to have to changelog guild/city entrances, new houses, buildings, etc. I'm not sure how to make that info available otherwise.

Accepting ideas for fixes for player houses and changes made to areas like that.
    MoxieAloliZaila
  • Back to peeves...

My peeve is that my earned and bough eld crit boost strips on death.

So today i accidently hit "milestone buy 6" twice. And it charged me twice. No problem, i though. It must stack like they said exp does. Ill have a 2 hour boost.

10 mins in the fracture, a fail death to the swarm. Then i had no eld crits and 2 points down. I was a sad pupper.

It made sense the bough stripped on death, but it feels wrong that when i buy an hour boost i might not get an hour out it
    AloliArbreArista
  • KerocKeroc A small cupboardAdministrator, Immortal
    Skiva said:

Back to peeves...

My peeve is that my earned and bough eld crit boost strips on death.

So today i accidently hit "milestone buy 6" twice. And it charged me twice. No problem, i though. It must stack like they said exp does. Ill have a 2 hour boost.

10 mins in the fracture, a fail death to the swarm. Then i had no eld crits and 2 points down. I was a sad pupper.

It made sense the bough stripped on death, but it feels wrong that when i buy an hour boost i might not get an hour out it

I've set it so it it no longer strips on death/logout, since it is now bought.
    SkivaAishiaAloliZailaTeaniArbreVyxsisStathan
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    When people come in and premote at me... Despite them knowing how much it irks me. 

Thankfully, Kerox fixed the bug where the Bubble wand wasnt working for whatever reason.... But the fact that people still try even when its working is irritating beyond measure. 

IazamatAloli
    So, you're saying, I need to walk in and targetted emote at you....
    MoxieKalinaar
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    Stathan said:

So, you're saying, I need to walk in and targetted emote at you....

No... cause then you're just more of an irking person than the people who consistently try to premote at me, even through Bubble Wand.

StathanIazamatKalinaarAloli
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    Not a mad, more of a sad.

Losing good people to retirement. They'll be missed.
    StineMoxieZailaOonaghAloliTozSaritaDidi
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    The fact that immortal pets exist.

People leave their pets in bashing areas ALL THE TIME and you can't kill them because immortality. Its bullshit and its annoying. Either call your pet or let them die. No in between.

MoxieFezzixKalinaar
  • edited March 2019
    I thought you bashed full manual?

Also, creating a list of things to bash in an area is 100x easier than creating a whitelist of things to not bash in an area.

Either fix your autobasher or get trolled. No in between.
    (Web): Toz says, "Emir's Express Evacuation and Existence Eradicator, Every Experience is Explosive - Experience the Entirety of your Existence!"
    IazamatArbreKalinaarIllikaal
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Alternately, quit AFKbashing.
    IazamatArista
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Heh, mean. We're actually working on finding a solution to annoying left out pets and mounts.
    Arbre
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    Emir said:

I thought you bashed full manual?

Also, creating a list of things to bash in an area is 100x easier than creating a whitelist of things to not bash in an area.

Either fix your autobasher or get trolled. No in between.

Or the admins can just remove immortal pets and the pets can die like any other mob when they're ignored because of a neglectful owner.
    Arbre said:

Alternately, quit AFKbashing.

I don't afkbash. I'm always at the keyboard. I've been pinged by admins plenty of times while I was bashing.

• edited March 2019
    Tiur said:

Heh, mean. We're actually working on finding a solution to annoying left out pets and mounts.

Simplest solution would be to have them return to minipet collections/stables on logout (unless the pet/mount's owner and building owner are the same), wouldn't it?
  • If you don't afkbash then what is the issue of the pets?
    (Web): Toz says, "Emir's Express Evacuation and Existence Eradicator, Every Experience is Explosive - Experience the Entirety of your Existence!"
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    The problem isn't pets. I kill normal pets/mounts all day long.

The problem is immortal pets, whom can't be killed, will make my basher cycle for 5-10 seconds while I am queuing up a direction movement and it fucks with the cycle of my basher. All because someone wants to be a neglectful pet owner and I can't kill said pet.

• What if I told you that, hypothetically speaking, people purposely leave immortal pets in your way, because 9/10 when you kill a mount you're probably killing some newbies/noncom who is never going to fight you mount or pet, and it's pretty jerkish to do, and since those of us who can PK you have no direct cause, this is the communities way of reaching out to you and informing you that 1.) Your autobasher is complete garbage 2.) You're a jerk who furthers his own jerk status by saying that said bashing of pets/mounts is on 'purpose' when it's really your own inability or stubbornness to fix/rewrite your autobasher into a more agreeable way.

This is all pure hypothetical by the way, I don't know a soul who would ever leave an immortal pet in Tcanna. Or thinks those things.
    IazamatArbreArista
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    Hypothetically speaking, I wouldn't be surprised. Considering the fact that 98% of the game refuses to sell things to me anymore, this would actually fall in line with the hypothetical ideology that people hate me in the game. And this is just the communities way of telling me that I'm no longer welcome to play the game as I want to and that they would much rather me quit and retire.

But this is all hypothetical, I too have no idea who would actually go and think that.

• One of these hypotheticals is accurate. One is an overblown reaction.
    Iazamat
  • edited March 2019
    Rhyot said:

The problem isn't pets. I kill normal pets/mounts all day long.

The problem is immortal pets, whom can't be killed, will make my basher cycle for 5-10 seconds while I am queuing up a direction movement and it unicorns with the cycle of my basher. All because someone wants to be a neglectful pet owner and I can't kill said pet.

if string.find(mob.attrib, "x") then   -- Is a player loyal
       <don't put on the basher list>
    end
    You're welcome. Please stop trying to justify shitty behaviour, when the fix to said behaviour doesn't require admin help and literally takes 2 seconds out of your day to fix.
    TozIazamatMjollEmirAloliIllikaalTeaniArista
    Mildly irritating to be put in a situation for a character that is typically laid back and easy going to end up having to be a prick to someone they would rather not be a prick too.
  • Sryn said:
    The problem isn't pets. I kill normal pets/mounts all day long. The problem is immortal pets, whom can't be killed, will make my basher cycle for 5-10 seconds while I am queuing up a direction movement and it unicorns with the cycle of my basher. All because someone wants to be a neglectful pet owner and I can't kill said pet.

if string.find(mob.attrib, "x") then   -- Is a player loyal
       <don't put="" on="" the="" basher="" list="">
    end</don't>
    You're welcome. Please stop trying to justify shitty behaviour, when the fix to said behaviour doesn't require admin help and literally takes 2 seconds out of your day to fix.
    That's actually mega helpful I didn't know about that, thanks!

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Aloli
  • edited March 2019
    Toz said:

That's actually mega helpful I didn't know about that, thanks!
    Slight lie: it's not just player loyals. It's just 'things you shouldn't target' for the most part, which happens to include player loyals.
    Attrib is a string consisting of characters describing item properties:

"w" = worn,
    "W" = wearable but not worn
    "l" = wielded
    "g" = groupable
    "c" = container
    "t" = takeable
    "m" = monster
    "d" = dead monster
    "x" = should not be targeted (guards, ...)
    AloliRijettaZailaXenia
  • VyxsisVyxsis Vyxsis
    edited March 2019
    true, but do keep in mind... things get mis-tagged! probably won't come up anywhere that matters, but it does come up occasionally.

ETA: tbc, if you come across this, it should be bugged!
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
    An Atzob cultist says, "Is a shamatato as tasty as a potato?"
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

• IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    This is my new favorite forum.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Sryn said:

"g" = groupable

I read that as gropeable and got really excited.
    TozMoxieZailaSaritaAgothaxlRhine