Iesid Mulariad

I think there's been enough time for me to put one of these up for Iesid. Leave a message at the beep!

Comments

• AloliAloli Between Books
    Am I the first to steal this? I hope so!

Iesid is...well, to Aloli...Fire and ice?

I've always been able to take an enemy and turn them into a friend or at least someone I can be civil with when opportunities arise and respect comes back again later so long as certain lines aren't crossed. Iesid has that power too, in spades.

Even though Aloli and Iesid were at each others throat, in such a horrible and ugly way that made me cry sometimes, I am so happy with their relationship now and I have to give you (the player) so much respect for never allowing that to pour OOCly! You're a pretty chill guy :)

Side note: The ferocious facet of their personalities that showed while they were fighting is now the basis for why Aloli respects Iesid and has come to value his opinion where applicable. Some things only another Duirani guild leader can even begin to understand so it's nice that things are where they are now. Thank you for all the support!

All that aside, the sense of humor is cool, almost right there with the same kind of @Kalinaar-level trolling!

I look forward to the new bridges!
    Between what is said and not meant, and what is meant and not said, most of love is lost. - Khalil Gibran
    KalinaarAlexsandorIesid
  • ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    TRAP!

Eee-sid Muh-lair-ee-ad is great! You portray him with buckets of subtle flaws that you-the-player are self-aware of him having, which I always attribute to a stellar RPer: because it's obviously not just you playing yourself. It makes Iesid a convicing, real character.

He obviously has plenty of personality strengths, too, but strengths are way more boring to compliment someone for playing. It's comparatively easy to portray good qualities (since it's easier to deal with the consequences of good behaviour/choices). That said, one of the things I've really enjoyed about Iesid is that you play him dynamically. He grows, but at a convincing, slow speed! And when he does, it's often reacting to the world around him and the influences that impact him. You always feel like you're playing with everyone else, not just writing your own little story in your clique, and that's great.

Anyway, you play him great, you've got just lovely writing that I enjoy RPing with and I'm always kicking myself for not actually approaching him in person and just having 95% of their friendship over tells, lol.
    IesidKalinaar
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    I'm not sure where to even begin because there's so much I can say here.

On a technical level? You're an amazing RPer. I love your writing style and how well it flows, and I always find myself trying to mix up my writing to match - you're descriptive, but not overly flowery, and you have a way with words that allows you to convey exactly what you want or need to while still delivering a big impact.

I love interacting with Iesid. It's been fun and interesting watching Phoe and Iesid's bond grow and change over the past few months since we started RPing. In that time they've gone from awkward acquaintances to close friends with an unbreakable bond, and the impact they've had on each other's lives is undeniable despite how slow and gradual the changes have been.

There's never been a dull moment between them, whether they're working, talking, or fighting - there's always something meaningful in their interactions, and there's been more than a few occasions where I've been hit hard in the feels or just teared up. I always find myself looking forward to RPing at Iesid, and I never get tired of it.
    Iesid
  • StathanStathan Hot springs
    Warhammer. Tcanna. Nuff said.

15/10 would RP again.
    Iesid
  • I have enjoyed the interactions I've had with Iesid. He, in a lot of ways, has a different viewpoint on the world than Swara. Yet somehow they don't tend to argue but appreciate each other's difference and are willing to listen.

He's always been a good friend and a shoulder to lean on. He comes across to Swara as a sort of guide, someone to turn to when life is falling apart or she doesn't understand the -why- of something. If it wasn't for the RP interaction with him, I'm not sure if she would have joined Omei. He explains things in a way that can be understood and clung to, when he takes the time to do so.

And even though he comes across as fierce and is, in his own way, frightening, I've seen a caring and humorous side of him that rounds him out well. I've enjoyed our friendship and roleplay so far and hope it continues!
    Iesid
  • Interesting character, solid roleplayer, good writer. I appreciate in particular when someone takes on leadership roles and actually uses them to lead. In terms of mentoring, guiding, and fostering growth in the characters he interacts with, Iesid is ace. Stamp of approval.
    Iesid
  • I'm glad that Lex and Iesid got past the initial issues that would have made them rarely interact with one another. Their complicated relationship with Isia in the middle there (new step-father vs fresh ex-husband) as well as the heavy handed politics Lex hit Iesid with over the accords could have gone hundreds of different ways, and somehow the two of them ended up friends.

I'm sad that we don't get to interact more, as the way that the Omei and Dhar styles just don't mess between them would be very fun to see long term, but I know we're both busy being busy. Still... RP. I demand it.

Iesid
  • There is not much I can say that has not already been said here, but I'll push my opinions in anyway!

Iesid is probably one of the most dynamic characters I have had the pleasure of RPing with on any character. You have an amazing imagination and it shows in everything you do with Iesid. You have a way with words and phrasing that has pushed me to try to improve upon my own writing. I've had so much fun learning who he is over the course of the last few months and am still surprised and impressed when Rhine peels back a little more and is able to see more of that amazing character that you've created. He's has a major impact on her own development and I am looking forward to seeing more. 
    Iesid
  • Where to even start?

Iesid and Sera's relationship started slow, it wasn't anything explosive....if only for the fact that Iesid gets her. She was this tiny thing who was afraid of everything. She tries to be brave, she wants to be able to see again and he understands that but also that she has insecurities too, that touch is a comfort thing because it's real. She started coming out of that fearful shell near Iesid through Omei's Order with Trixkya's help and the dreamscapes is where she knew she truly connected with her.

Iesid is dynamic and fluid and your writing is wonderful, conveying emotions is A+. I look forward to many more interactions.
    Iesid
  • @Konnorn is on a Mulariad animating spree!

SeraphinaMoxieCaynKonnorn
  • @Iesid keeping an eye out for @Tythos...
    IesidRhine
  • 10/10 would pk again
    (Congregation): Iosyne says, "I made a cup."

Horkval are a feature...
    DrystinIesid
  • Iesid, thank you SO much for all your patient instruction in Zealot combat. You help me grow tremendously brotha, you're one of the best! B)
    Iesid
  • Iesid and Czci share a peculiar relationship. Czci looks up to Iesid and sees him as a sort of father figure because he can tell that they share many of the same values and views on the world. The key difference, and the reason their relationship is strained, is that Iesid has many more years and experiences that have made him more wise but cynical, whereas Czci still views the world more innocently and naively. This has provided an interesting dynamic between our characters and so far I am very glad to have engaged in it. I very much look forward to seeing how their relationship develops over time.
    YedanIesid
  • Kjell is not a very traditional Sentinel and Iesid is always very patient with him! Some times the crazy eyes and smile make Kjell very nervous but Iesid makes Kjell feel empowered and like he has found his home!
    SekeresIesidRhine
  • AolinAolin Inside a transdimensional bakery
    I don't even know where to start, except for that this is my first IRE game and Iesid very well might be the main thing that kept me around. From his patience with dumb questions to his stern guidance, he has done more to shape Aolin's character than anyone else, no contest. It was a weird, rough road at first, that's for sure! I was so close to saying 'forget it, this game's too strict and weirdly polarized' about 100 times in my first month, but those conversations in the Taproom did so, so much to help her figure out where she fit into the world and what role she wanted to play in it.

Iesid is such an incredible character. He is deep and complex, and is aware of his quirks and flaws without trying to erase them. I couldn't imagine a better Seer.

Any day that has an Iesid interaction is a great day for me. Thank you so much for being so patient with a dumb newbie and making Aetolia a much richer, better place.
    TaiyangIesidEorosValorieSekeresRhine
  • I'm surprised I haven't done this yet - but I want to make sure to.

It's mostly to repeat what others have said - our interactions, especially early on, really helped shape Rihrin in many ways. She started out as this strict, specific zealot who didn't really want to think about things. She wanted to be that, a zealot. But when she decided to try to give Omei a shot, and you started to interact with her? I really feel like you specifically, though Omei in part, took her foundation and shook it. She ended up with her best friend, Stagbird, and a mind that was far more creative and willing to open up. Now, thanks to this, I still have a zealot - but one who is willing to look at other aspects of life with a more open mind.

Your character is well-written and you are a great writer of his story. I've known you for a long time, and I cannot say it enough. I miss us having more than just tell sessions, but I take every little bit of Iesid time that I can. Thank you for sticking it out, and being an amazing part of the game.
    IesidRhine
  • Quick bump because:

1. New city
    2. Lot of changes (Warden release changed him!)
    3. Lot of new order RP and order members

I guess I have art I can post soon too.
    Benedicto
  • Horrible person. Never roleplay with him.

I jest. He's a great character and I wish that I had more interactions with him but Seppe is flat out convinced that Iesid hates him. From other characters that I've RPed, I know him differently so I looooove that he's a living breathing character with varied reactions to different situations.

10/10 one of my favorite characters in Aetolia... even though he's a legit butt.
    IesidXavin
  • Straid has a deep and abiding bromance for Iesid that he does his best to sit on. Their dynamic hasn't come near to being fleshed out, but the contrast of their interactions now versus the ones when my lad was a baby oneironaut dogging Iesid's heels is very cool to look at. Straid very much looks to him as an older, wiser brother figure, and he tends to look up to very few.

The flat out scenes we juggle now and then from a distance are low-key some of my favorite anywhere and I find them to be outstanding. Your writing and imagery is so well executed and believable.

I look forward to more fascinating and organic growth between our characters. 
    Iesid
  • Ayastia has had very little interaction with Iesid, sadly. However, the little they have had, Aya has found Iesid to be better than she thought. Respectable. Even if she has lost her unicorns a few times around him. But still, more than once he has tried to be a calming presence for her and she does appreciate it, even if she can't really show it. I really hope we get to rp some more in the future because I really do enjoy it!
    IesidAolin
  • oh boy XD

Teotl and Iesid.

Teo rockets back forth from deep moments of understanding and thoughtful exchange almost to the point of 'bonding', to rage levels of OMGODS WHY ARE YOU LIKE THIS?! DO YOU NEED ANOTHER CENTURY TO LEARN A THING?!
    I cackle while writing it because of how ridiculously teen/YA it is. Very few bring that out to this degree in Teotl.

The added layer of him being Tecpatl's Seer adds a whole other layer of discord to sort through.

I am definitely interested to see how the two work over time. Thanks for writing such an interesting character to interact with!

Iesid
  • AolinAolin Inside a transdimensional bakery
    When I first wrote in here about Iesid, I could never have imagined the path that Aolin would take and how far it would lead- and Sid has been an absolutely critical figure on that journey. Which isn't to say they always (or even usually) agree, of course, but the ways in which they disagree and resolve have shaped her so strongly, and led to such fascinating and fulfilling dynamics. Iesid's consistency of character is compelling and delightful- like I said back then, he's aware of his flaws and doesn't try to ignore or cover them, but rather knits them into the incredibly complex tapestry that is Iesid Mulariad.

The more I get to know him, the more I want to know him further. Absolutely spectacularly played. And your writing is simply gorgeous- powerful, compelling, vivid and vibrant. Your worldbuilding and storytelling skills are positively superb, and do a stellar job of making Aetolia feel vast and real.
    Iesid
  • A grumpy, crusty, angry old zealot. -1/10: even worse than Bene

=3 <3

(but also a really well done conflict char!)
    The Divine voice of Ictinus, the Architect echoes in your head, "I think you are cursed."
    BenedictoAyastia
  • My, my, these last few posts have really aged well. :)

Considering he just had a hand in an accidental apocalypse, I guess now's a great time to bump this.
  • There is so much to say about Iesid.

He is one of those characters that are as unpredictable as they are steadfast. When Iesid gets an idea in his head, he runs with it at full force and not caring who gets pummeled in the process if they get in his way. It's always a pleasure to watch Iesid work, be it as the former Seer, challenging bandits to a gang war, or leading a shrine destroying crusade. He's a dynamic character with so many different facets that only reveal themselves depending on who you are and how much you interact with him. He knows he's not perfect, and he doesn't shy away from the hard conversations or accountability from his own actions.

Your writing is powerful, and I've really enjoyed watching the stories you tell unfold with all the realism and depth you bring to it.
    AloliIesid
  • NipsyNipsy Setting fire to Aeryx's mine
    My gang leader, my rival...

Nipsy has such a weird relationship with Iesid, but the tree also respects him so much. As a player we have been friends and enemies, and I always enjoy our interactions with one another. We have gotten into trouble and picked up the messes together.

I really do appreciate Iesid so much and seeing how his character develops.
    Iesid
  • Heard he's got a lovely singing voice
    Copperhead of the Third Spoke says to you, "Intelligence matrix in moniker Bulrok reveals above average results when compared alongside proximal presence."
    NipsyTeaniMjollMaeveIesidValorie
  • I've mentioned this to you before, but I really think one of Iesid's greatest strengths as a character (and one of your greatest strengths in writing him) lies in how he interacts with the Divine. Those are consistently some of my favorite snippets to read, or to be present for (even when it ends with Bamathis splattering his head all over a perfectly good bridge).

Beyond that, Eaku and Iesid have known each other for a long time and I've really appreciated having someone so willing to have ideas bounced off of them both IC, whether being mutually sad about that whole Aalen business or sharing ideas about the Sentinels.
    Iesid

• Thanks to the giveaway by @Rihrin - some new art with Sid's new eyes!
    NipsyValorieReave