Artifact ideas

Comments

• edited October 2018
    Depleted ylem pocket warmer - Once per Aetolian day you can STROKE WARMER to give yourself the vibrant aura of ylem for a period of time. It will spread to those who attack you.

SteeleAishiaAlathesiaTragerVyxsisOonaghSeurimas
  • edited October 2018
    A mail-order packet of freeze dried brine shrimp - SPRINKLE PACKET in a fishing hole to have all the fish respawn! Watch them come to life before your very eyes!

Add some flavor text about the excitement of seeing the tiny sea monkeys unfreeze, but then bigger fish come in and immediately devour them.
    VyxsisKandaraLeanaKalinaar
  • ImvraImvra Immortal Immortal
    edited October 2018
    So what I am hearing is that there is a need for sea monkeys...Does this artifact include a little aquarium? Little plastic ferns? Name them? A feeling of disappointment when you can't really see them?
    ZailaLeana
  • An artifact for golems that lowers the cooldown for swapping Vigilance to an aggression check or 30 minutes.
  • Put a new room exit on the Translocator island for the Dehkay Plateau please.
    TeaniMjollIazamatTozLuasBenedictoVyxsisLeanaIesid
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    Artifact Hitching Post: 200cr

You've amassed a large number of mounts, and it's clear many of them aren't intended to be mounts, but pets! So why leave them in the stables nonstop? Because you can only have one "active" mount at a time? Fear not! If you've got a house with a stable upgrade in place, drop this hitching post in the stable room, and suddenly, any mounts you send there that are loyal to you, will be present within the room for petting, grooming, and affection. It also unlocks some basic minipet-esque commands, such as PET WANDER. No longer will you feel guilty of owning two Taerilans, a giant hermit crab, a kelpie, six unicorns, a nightmare, and thirty other mounts, because you can now give them all the affection they need!

Additional note: The Artifact Hitching post also acts as a (temporary) permanent runed bit buff. Any mounts sent to the stable, in the unlikely event of a break in, will not be permanently killed by the intruder, but instead will be returned to the stable as if they were attacked while wearing a runed bit, and after one hour, will appear in the stable room once more!

(I NEEEEEEED SOMETHING LIKE THIS. I WILL PAY 500CR IF I NEED TO.)
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    Portable chemistry set - 750 credits

The portable chemistry set will allow the owner to create elixirs/pills anywhere they are so long as they have the required items. Essentially it would act as a portable herbalist/apothecary room with all the same restrictions.

AnsidiaOonaghZailaAloli
  • AloliAloli Between Books
    Rhyot said:
    Portable chemistry set - 750 credits The portable chemistry set will allow the owner to create elixirs/pills anywhere they are so long as they have the required items. Essentially it would act as a portable herbalist/apothecary room with all the same restrictions.
    Yes please! This can be something as easy as the portable perfumery station. 
    Between what is said and not meant, and what is meant and not said, most of love is lost. - Khalil Gibran
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Sorry, no. We wouldn't circumvent the rooms, as they provide a control. Mercantile are different from trade and talent for a reason.
    AloliTeani
  • StathanStathan Hot springs
    Artifacts that allow for gathering comms of different types. Once a howling thing, limited number to avoid overflow. Give people who can't afford to stay on 24/7 scalping comm shops a chance to build up their own stocks for skills.
    KonnornZaila
  • Tiur said:

Sorry, no. We wouldn't circumvent the rooms, as they provide a control. Mercantile are different from trade and talent for a reason.

Could you elaborate on what you mean? This seems completely contradictory to the artifacts "a set of milking tools" and "a collapsible forge", both of which fall under the mercantile umbrella.
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Iazamat said:
    Sorry, no. We w noouldn't circumvent the rooms, as they provide a control. Mercantile are different from trade and talent for a reason.
    Could you elaborate on what you mean? This seems completely contradictory to the artifacts "a set of milking tools" and "a collapsible forge", both of which fall under the mercantile umbrella.
    Weren't those made before the skills were made into Mercantile skills? If so, that would explain it. If not, there's plenty of inconsistency, but I can still understand why they'd be hesitant to skip those rooms.

Kalinaar
  • TiurTiur Producer
    I'd delete em if I could! @Teani knows what's what.

Basically, self sufficiency is for single player games. I want people to need to be part of an org and work together. I see little benefit in artifacts that circumvent that.
    RhyotStathanMjollAloli
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Magic arti cleaning putty: You push it into an artifact and it absorbs ALL the powers into itself, then you push it on something else and it transfers them all over. One time use so I can finally get THAT FREAKING WEAPONBELT OMG @Tiur PLZ
    KalinaarTekiasSteele
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Venom sponge. Chance not to use venom inline when attacking a la pillsaver.
    Stathan
  • Spiked Horseshoes - Increases mounted movement speed slightly and your mount won't slip on ice while galloping. 
    TeaniZailaAloliSarita
  • AloliAloli Between Books
    edited February 2019
    As things stand now, we don't have a lot of fishing artifacts besides the spear to help you catch those really big ones - it needs some luck and lead/timing to get a 2k+lb fish for me...

Also, fishing RP is fun when it's with two people or more. Someone and I got into a scene where we were troll-teaching a third friend how to fish with their hands before they can appreciate using the pole.

So, what about "an adjustable seine" or just a normal one?

This can be one where two people use it together to try to catch the big fish in a hole after fishing out all the small stuff with a pole, it can have a coded agreement between them on who gets the loot.

Maybe it can be 'adjusted' in the sense that they can fold the net to double the netting and make it smaller so they can catch the smaller fish together and it would just split the loot between them, but if that's too fancy then just catching bigger fish with friends would be much more fun.

Edit: fixed 'folding'
    Between what is said and not meant, and what is meant and not said, most of love is lost. - Khalil Gibran
  • Kalinaar said:

Spiked Horseshoes - Increases mounted movement speed slightly and your mount won't slip on ice while galloping. 

I suggested that a year or two ago, they can't do it because of something with the code.
    StathanKalinaarAloli
  • edited February 2019
    Fezzix said:
    Spiked Horseshoes - Increases mounted movement speed slightly and your mount won't slip on ice while galloping. 
    I suggested that a year or two ago, they can't do it because of something with the code.
    After consulting with my colleagues I have a revised suggestion: Delete annoying ice code.  :p
    AloliVyxsisLeana
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    I would really love something that makes you or the room you are in un-prism-toable. Depending on whether it gets worn or just kept in the inventory, it could be removed or dropped/put in a pack if you want to let people be able to prism again.

Alternately (or maybe in addition) a room upgrade to buildings that makes it so no one can prism into that room.
    IazamatEmirTeaniZailaVyxsisFezzix
  • I'm of the opinion that we shouldn't encourage more ways to safely idle and/or avoid conflict/consequences.
    EmirAxiusSteeleTeaniZailaVyxsisFezzix
  • ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    Yeah, you want to be unprismable, head to a haven and stow your body behind a locked door. Safety assured. 
    IazamatVyxsis
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    As @Iazamat says, this game already has far too many ways for people to disappear and avoid interaction. I'd prefer if most were removed, forcing people to be visible and reachable.

IazamatVyxsis
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Death Charm! Once a day you can summon all the corpses bearing your mark into your inv.
    DannonEmirVyxsisIesid
  • a stone of adaptation

(This will be a level 1 to the current gem of adaptation.)
    Cost 250 credits

The stone will allow you to change stat packs once per Aetolian season.

--------------------------

a crystal of adaptation

(This will be the lvl 2 to the current gem of adaptation)
    Cost 500 credits

The crystal will allow you to change stat packs once per Aetolian week (Once per howling as opposed to everytime you switch classes.)
    Leana
  • Bounty Hunter's License - Allows you to perform acts of aggression in Delve (for a limited time if you don't want it to be permanent).
    LeanaVyxsisStathanIesid
  • edited April 2019
    an ivory rod of the blue mage (500 credits)

Ghostly energy wisps from the end of this ivory rod, a haunting simulacrum of energy demonstrating that which has been captured by the user within. A three-foot long shaft terminates in a carved relief of a lions head in mid-roar, detail imposed into the ever curious design. Upon the centre of the rod, cobalt leather has been wrapped around for a firm handgrip, allowing the wielder to focus upon it in times of need.

USE: INVOKE MIMIC (skill) at MOB

PvE use only

Within an ivory rod of the blue mage, one is able to store 5 denizen souls, for use in PvE combat only
    -ivory rod comes imbued with humgii:kick - cannot be deleted
    -skills can only be used on npcs
    -maximum of five skills can be stored
    -user can SHAKE ROD to remove one skill at random (complete RNG, just to be hilarious)

TekiasVyxsis
  • For farming: a watering can that holds 50 rooms' worth of water and can be used instead of buckets.
    IesidZailaMjoll
  • Level 2 Atlas. Shows you a list of areas you've been to and their % explored.
    (Web): Toz says, "Emir's Express Evacuation and Existence Eradicator, Every Experience is Explosive - Experience the Entirety of your Existence!"
    MjollNavaTeaniAloli
  • Bottomless fertilizer bag for farming.
    An item that can transport you to your farmplot immediately.
    MjollNavaAnsidia