MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• AxiusAxius where I am
    not a mad, more a sad.

I want to leave an apology for everyone who RPs with me, or interacts with me. If I seem cold, distant, or otherwise maybe not myself ICly, it's because I've lost a furry family member IRL yesterday afternoon. We're deliberating how we're going to handle her corpse, which is resting on our back porch, where it's out of reach of anything that shouldn't be messing with it. But the emotional toll and mental toll has me running on baseline things..and I'm reaching to my own escapist habits of old. Which is Aetolia and my MUDs.

Rest In Piece, Pepper Ann "Be quiet!" Dees. May you find yourself settling in front of a warm hearth, dreaming of chasing bunnies and getting headpats and butt-scritches wherever you are. You served dutifully as a guard dog, and you've earned your rest from the pains and aches of old age.
    TeaniFezzixSklax
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Immunosuppressants. Yes, yes, you're probably saving my life, but bronchitis from hell is not a fun way to spend the weekend.
    Sklax
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Ok that's it, get the shrink ray and the sci fi mini ship. I'm going into @Arbre's bloodstream. I got work to do.
    Arbre
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    When you go in for an annual eye exam.... and then the dr decides he wants to dilate your damn eyes....

Welp... there goes my entire work day!!

• SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    edited February 2019
    Apparently a dusting of snow has started to mean that no one remembers how to drive. I went to the grocery store a bit ago, and people were driving 20 mph under the speed limit even though every had turned to rain and there was absolutely no snow or ice anything.

Oh, and coincidentally, these drivers have a habit of forgetting that headlights exist.
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    edited February 2019
    Sarita said:

Apparently a dusting of snow has started to mean that no one remembers how to drive. I went to the grocery store a bit ago, and people were driving 20 mph under the speed limit even though every had turned to rain and there was absolutely no snow or ice anything.

Oh, and coincidentally, these drivers have a habit of forgetting that headlights exist.

Annoying, but I think I'd prefer 20mph under than 10 over. Neighbor's kid flipped their SUV, and (unrelated) a Semi creamed a cop SUV about 4 blocks away from here.

Edit: Didn't see the 'dusting of snow' part. Yeah, we're mid-blizzard here, and people are driving like I just described.
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

Yeah, that would shut down the world for at least a week around here. It's barely even worth trying to drive if we can avoid it when that happens.
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    Looking at 12+ inches by tomorrow night. And no one can fucking drive around here despite blizzards, plural, being a yearly occurance.
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    It was 81 degrees Fahrenheit today. Just sayin'.
    ZailaHaven
  • You all suck. It's been between -5 and -20 for almost two weeks.
    Zaila
    When people say something along the lines of "I've been thinking of retiring this character, but maybe I won't if x hapens," to try and get something IC.
    ZailaKalinaar
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    Jusst tell them to retire then. That tends to stop the conversation in its tracks and lets you go on about your day without needing to feel guilty about someone quitting who obviously wants to quit anyway.

• ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    Anytime someone tries to leverage retirement, I just throw them on ignore: I don't tolerate metagame-bullying attempts.
    Mjoll
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    Here's a maddening....

This is the second time in a fucking year that I've had my credit card information stolen. So now.... I'm waiting a fucking new credit card which won't arrive until fucking friday!!! Kinda ruined my plans with the wife for valentine's day. Also have to go through the fucking trouble of redoing all my autopayment bills with the new card when it comes in.... So fucking frustrating.

On the bright side, my wife understands so we're doing a belated valentine's day dinner on saturday.

Moxie
  • The first day of lent and I’m already craving a steak lol. #catholicproblems 

(Spinesreach): Xiuhcoatl says, "Oh man, grab the children-corn. This is gonna be good."
    MoxieKalinaarSaritaAloli
    I'm mad at myself. Stop reading now if you don't like hearing about body fluids.

I went to donate blood for the first time, and thought that I did everything right to prepare - drinking all the water, eating salty food before, etc. It even started out fine. The needle went in, and the blood started coming out like it was supposed to. Then it just stopped. The person tried adjusting it a bit, moving it around in my vein, and things like that. She explained that while they'd gotten some while it was going, the bag wasn't quite full enough to be used for anyone, and I wanted at least that much, so I said she could keep wiggling it to try and get there. This is where she warned me that I could get some nasty bruises, but I decided I wanted to suck it up and keep trying. So we kept going, and it kept not doing much good. Someone else came over to try, and it still wasn't getting there. Eventually they stopped and said they might be able to give it to some researchers.

So here's why I'm mad at myself. They were VERY right about the amount of bruising that I could expect afterwards. My entire inner elbow area ended up with stuff about as big around as a golf ball. Even with ice and stuff, it actually hurts to move it around much or to try and bend it to do things like use a keyboard or wash my hands. Stupid me.
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Trying to help people wasn't stupid! Good on you
    SaritaVyxsisAloli
    I'm really not mad that I tried to do it. It's really more that I didn't want to listen to people who have a lot more experience than I do.
  • So...bear with me while I just kinda vent.

I manage 7 buildings in a 500 unit, mixed-use property in downtown of my City, I have a mixture of market rate, section 42, section 8 and transitional housing I am responsible for and I am essentially a glorified case-worker alongside the varied stresses of the job. The end of last year was the finalizing of having a full time staff of 7 office people who had worked, slowly but surely my employees found promotions, found new places to go, and at the pinnacle of this month I found myself in the office alone. Alone with the CEO of the company serving as my direct superior and having to maintain state-compliance paperwork in an audit that involved every file/certification/lease/documentation I had in the building which ultimately culminated in a slew of panic attacks and my distancing myself from social interaction. I have been averaging 25-40 hours of overtime a pay period, so the money has been decent obviously, but I am just absolutely drained....like, I suppose that is an understatement.

---

This is a mad because im just pooped, but not because of the results that have come about from it, im mad because its acceptable to feel so horrible about myself right now and I am mad because I am back in a depression and devaluing my self worth, I am mad because the cues in society are that we just have to suck it up and smile hoping that our duty to serve for money is enough to drive us through the anxiety and stress we endure.

---

I am not mad because I met with the CEO today and she lauded me for my work ethic and loyalty, I am not mad because I was afforded a significant raise and new opportunities because I sucked it up and was the good little worker bee I am supposed to be. I am not mad because I followed through on my audit and managed to get through it ALONE with stellar reviews.

---

I AM MAD, because...I can't shake the feeling of impending doom I get from not sleeping and eating properly, and I did this to myself purely to prove my worth as an employee, and sacrificed my worth as a human and my own health.
    TeaniAloliDannon
  • Two months ago my Dad had a stroke, the same night of a break up. Since then my Dad got an infection from his diabetes pump and while he’s getting better it’s been an unfun adventure. This is all while prepping for the LSAT for a second time, which I am taking on Saturday. The test will determine which law school I get into, what financial aid is waiting for me etc. So, like, no pressure. Lol. No rlly tho, I am beyond ready to move on from this rollercoaster lol. 

(Spinesreach): Xiuhcoatl says, "Oh man, grab the children-corn. This is gonna be good."
    Sklax
  • edited March 2019
    I got laid off without any sort of warning or prompt. Was told in a text message by a lower level boss. No explanation as to why. I sweated my **** off doing anything and everything I was ordered to do. Several other people were let go under the same, unusual circumstances as me. Owner of the company also withheld money from.....a lot of us, under some really, really dodgy reasons, claiming that we were stealing and breaking equipment, which is all false since our sites are under security optics at all times. A lot of us have banded together now and are going out of our ways to discredit a company that we thought was family. It's a lot of drama, and now I'm out of work. Out of a job that I really liked because it kept me from having to deal with any sort of customers.

My skill sets are extremely specialized, and I have a strong disgust towards anything that involves handling customers/civilians directly. Getting laid off without warning just ***** me over hardcore, as it takes TIME for me to locate a job that I can actually nest within.
    Agothaxl
    Instead of trying to discredit the company, you might want to go together to a labor board or something like it if you can. Where I live, that breaks several laws, and that board will investigate it, and has a lot of legal ways to get the money back.
    SklaxTeani
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    edited April 2019
    When youre driving through the neighborhood and a child bolts out from the front of a parked car on the curb while you're coming around the corner, thus forcing you to slam on the brakes less you hit the stupid little bastard.

If you're gonna start acting like a suicidal squirrel, ill treat you like one and hit you. 

Annoying little bastards. Thankfully my brakes were on point. 

Kalinaar
  • AloliAloli Between Books
    I wish there was a gasping button.
    Between what is said and not meant, and what is meant and not said, most of love is lost. - Khalil Gibran
  • Rhyot said:

When youre driving through the neighborhood and a child bolts out from the front of a parked car on the curb while you're coming around the corner, thus forcing you to slam on the brakes less you hit the stupid little bastard.

If you're gonna start acting like a suicidal squirrel, ill treat you like one and hit you. 

Rhyot, the forums are OOC
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
    An Atzob cultist says, "Is a shamatato as tasty as a potato?"
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

KodaVanstrom
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    Rhyot said:

I think you need professional help.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Some people just need to vent. I wouldn't take the rage thread or even the internet too seriously.

#Don'tBeAWasp
    #HoneyGang
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    edited April 2019
    Latest episode of Shield Hero anime:

This motherunicorns. THIS ROYALLY JERKISH unicorns. I may hate the king and his eldest daughter.. but I don't physically wish them death. Just gratuitous amounts of harm. BUT THIS MOTHER unicorns OVER HERE. THIS GUY GETS ME ROILING AND BOILING AND NUCLEAR OPTION ANGRY.

#Weebrage
    #angryatananime
    #Shieldheroftw

(Edit: Apparently a child born fatherless/out of wedlock isn't a filtered word. Go figure. Nor is a father apparently)
  • Axius said:
    Apparently a child born fatherless/out of wedlock isn't a filtered word. Go figure. Nor is a father apparently
    Aetolia just has such a complicated history with fatherhood that even the forums aren't sure how to parse the concept.
    AxiusDannonArbreVyxsisMoxieRhineEydisZaila