Artifact Questions

Hello!

I've recently come back and picked up Ascendril, having been familiar with mage in another IRE game and enjoying the theme and the playstyle (rework WHEN) and I'm at sort of a dead end.

Places I could hunt no problem as a vampire with knuckles and artifact shield are obviously hitting me MUCH HARDER now that I have just the shield, and I do less damage on a longer equilibrium, resulting in me losing about 10% last night thinking I could just jump back in and figure it out as I go.

I am transcending avoidance, and assuming I just DODGE MELEE for the help there - after that I have about 1600 credits for artifacts to increase my survivability, and I'm looking for suggestions.

Thanks in advance friends!

Comments

• edited February 2019
    Constitution will always be my suggestion.

Yeah, an artifact shield might be okay, and yeah, damage artifacts might feel great, but if you are a wet paper bag..it won't matter. You can make the argument that getting the white amulet is okay for now, but investing in +2 con is only 1000 credits so you'll still be left with some to throw around at other items or to save for a larger purchase.

Investing in base stats also makes your entire play experience easier, not just in that class or in just PvE or PvP.
    Kalinaar
  • Stine said:

Constitution will always be my suggestion.

Yeah, an artifact shield might be okay, and yeah, damage artifacts might feel great, but if you are a wet paper bag..it won't matter. You can make the argument that getting the white amulet is okay for now, but investing in +2 con is only 1000 credits so you'll still be left with some to throw around at other items or to save for a larger purchase.

Investing in base stats also makes your entire play experience easier, not just in that class or in just PvE or PvP.

There's that sip/con combo artifact power I was looking at, that runs 760. I already have the shield, and I'm not sure if that pendant that gives 10/10 armor stats is worth anything - I can't wear armor and I don't know what defensive stats fireveil actually gives at trans elemancy.

For 1260 I could run +2 con and 10% sip, I need to double check and see what the Health/Mana boost artifact costs. I was wondering if there was any sort of "steelweave surcoat/shield of the protector" sort of item in Aetolia.
  • edited February 2019
    No idea what those artifacts are, re: steelweave surcoat/shield of the protector.

Hunter_combo, health_combo and mana_combo don't stack with anything. The only reason to get them would be if you're not going to upgrade to +2 constitution at some point.

Enhancement (health/mana boost) runs 350/700/1400.

The amulet of protection may be worthwhile, but I would borrow one from someone and see how much it'll actually give you audit-wise before buying.
  • StathanStathan Hot springs
    I did the math on my monk and for the investment and such Enhance2 > Con2 . Ended up getting more health. So I went Enhance2 and Sip2 and haven't regretted it.
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Con >>>> enhance. more con means more sip, while enhance is just a flat nonmax hp boost. Barely effects pk at all.
    Stathan
  • Check your AUDIT on your miniskills (electric, cold, fire, etc.) and avoid places that do anything but cutting and blunt damage if those miniskills aren't Transcendent. Make sure you keep Elemancy Veil (or Sciomancy Stoneskin) active.
  • The closest thing to a Steelweave Surcoat is the silver amulet of protection