Announce post #2926: Milestones

<pre>2/3/2019 at 0:01
Razmael, the Synthesist
Everyone
Milestones

The milestone system is here! This is a permanent addition to the game, intended to replace the whole 'log in 21 days and get a prize' system.

So what is a milestone? It's basically just a quest. You're given a task to do - complete it and get a prize. They are broken up into three timeframes: Daily, Weekly and Monthly. Daily milestones reset at the Howling (00:00 GMT), weekly Milestones reset at the Saturday->Sunday Howling, and monthly milestones reset on the first of each month at the Howling. Any uncompleted milestones will be removed when this reset happens, and new milestones will be handed out if you are online. Otherwise, you'll get your new milestones when you next log in.

Completing a milestone will get you a keystone and the type of keystone will depend on the timeframe of the milestone in question. Daily milestones get you bronze keystones, weekly milestones get you silver keystones, and monthly milestones get you gold keystones.

Keystones can then be traded for various prizes. We're still setting up the shop for this, but here's an example of what sort of prizes you can buy with each keystone when it's open:
Bronze: Mostly minor things such as gold, experience, and hour-long buffs.
Silver: Consumables, such as chocolates. Old event currencies.
Gold: Former logindays items.

And lastly, to track your progress for milestones, simply use the MILESTONES command. Since this is new, the milestone tasks are going to be fairly basic to start with. Don't worry, we have plans to add more as time goes on!

Penned by my hand on Kinsday, the 23rd of Lleian, in the year 478 MA.</pre>
FezzixKalinaarTozTekiasZailaStineAloliSteele

Comments

• is there a help file that shows former logindays items for us newbs? 
  • ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    I love both this whole concept and the colours ya'll chose when I use MILESTONES. Pretty and awesome!
    Pretty awesome!
    Stine
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    I really like what I've seen so far! It's a lot more interactive and more interesting than some of the months I've seen where all you need to do is be online for an hour, or whatever.

I have two questions so far though:

1. So I'm a little confused about how the monthly milestones work. Looking at the rest of this month, we only have three "full" weeks, with five days in the last week, and two in March. Does that mean we could complete the week for February, but not March?

2. One of the milestones I got was four unique quests. I tried around 7-8, but only got credit for one. A few were faction ones, and one was the ylem mines, but at least three of them were not. Is that a bug, or are there some hidden limits that would make all the others not count?

• Are both of the things listed under "Weekly milestone" one milestone for the "complete all weekly milestones this month"? Or will that monthly milestone tick off every week as the howling ticks over? Did I find a bug? :D:D
    Toz says, "Dishonor on you (Mjoll), dishonor on your family (Seirath), dishonor on your cow (Bulrok)"
  • ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    edited February 2019
    since it's 0/4 and there around roughly 4 weeks a month - I'd assume you have to finish both weekly things to complete each 1:4
    Mjoll
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    ya u can slay npcs but what about PCS!!?!!?!?!~!
  • RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal
    Kalinaar said:

is there a help file that shows former logindays items for us newbs? 

I don't think so. Off the top of my head, a couple of examples of former items would be the clockwork messenger bat (you can order it to go to someone and say something), and the gourmandic style scroll.

Zaila said:

I love both this whole concept and the colours ya'll chose when I use MILESTONES. Pretty and awesome!
    Pretty awesome!

Shoutout to @Kyna for choosing the colour palette.
    Sarita said:

I really like what I've seen so far! It's a lot more interactive and more interesting than some of the months I've seen where all you need to do is be online for an hour, or whatever.

I have two questions so far though:

1. So I'm a little confused about how the monthly milestones work. Looking at the rest of this month, we only have three "full" weeks, with five days in the last week, and two in March. Does that mean we could complete the week for February, but not March?

2. One of the milestones I got was four unique quests. I tried around 7-8, but only got credit for one. A few were faction ones, and one was the ylem mines, but at least three of them were not. Is that a bug, or are there some hidden limits that would make all the others not count?

1) Ah yeah, good point. I'll drop it down to 3 for this month. Shouldn't be a problem for any future months.

2) Oops sorry, this should work now. Each quest was overwriting the previous.

Mjoll said:

Are both of the things listed under "Weekly milestone" one milestone for the "complete all weekly milestones this month"? Or will that monthly milestone tick off every week as the howling ticks over? Did I find a bug? :D:D

You have to complete all weekly milestones for that monthly milestone counter to increment.

Aishia said:

ya u can slay npcs but what about PCS!!?!!?!?!~!

StathanKalinaarZailaSarita
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    Razmael said:

Kalinaar said:

is there a help file that shows former logindays items for us newbs? 

I don't think so. Off the top of my head, a couple of examples of former items would be the clockwork messenger bat (you can order it to go to someone and say something), and the gourmandic style scroll.
    I wanna say the last logindays we had, it was a chest. So there's that, too.
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

• I love this system. I'd also love a way to reroll monthly/weekly for some gold amount.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

SteeleKalinaar
  • TiurTiur Producer
    So, it's not super likely that we'll put giftbags and chests in the gold shop. Unless that's the promo of the month, then it would be taking the place of getting a free piece for 21 logindays. So it would be one per customer. But we'll include things like old style scrolls that came FROM the promotions and are now impossible to get.
    KalinaarMoxie
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    HEY could I not get a reminder like this every tiem I don't wanna do the tasky things!?
    Message #7955 Sent By: (aetolia) Received On: 2/05/2019/0:00
    "You failed to complete your daily milestone: Play 5 games of Triptycha."
    If there's a toggle I missed it.
    Zaila
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Don't worry, I'm getting those messages too, so I'm inspired to figure out how to fix them.
    ZailaAloliKalinaarMoxieAishiaEmir
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    I have to imagine Tiur's milestones are a bit different than ours. Maybe something like...

-----{ DAILY MILESTONE }-------------------------------------------------------
    Squash 4 bugs from any player. Completed!

-----{ WEEKLY MILESTONE }------------------------------------------------------
    Complete 4 daily milestones this week. Progress: 3 / 4
    Successfully hide the cookie jar. Completed!

-----{ MONTHLY MILESTONE }-----------------------------------------------------
    Mage revamp! Progress: (please?)
    Complete all weekly milestones this month. Progress: 0 / 3

OonaghMoxieZailaTiurTeaniStathanAloli
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Accurate. spoiler:

Kyna's

-----{ DAILY MILESTONE }-------------------------------------------------------
    Find the cookie jar. Completed!
    KalinaarTekiasSaritaTeaniStathanPazradymKynaAloli
  • @Tiur @Razmael

I have been told that fishing milestones can be applied to people without fishing, is this true?

If so, is this also true of sect?

Thanks for adding the reroll daily option, can we also have the option to also reroll weekly?
  • RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal
    You can't get fishing milestones if you don't have fishing, nor sect if you're not a member of it. If it's happening to someone, get them to file a bug. As for rerolling weekly: maybe, but it'll be a lot more expensive if we decide to do it.
    StineZailaMoxie
  • Along the same lines as Stine's question above,

My character isn't in a city, but I still get the "complete daily mine scenario" milestones, is that unintentional, or should I just do the reroll for something I can complete?