Announce post #2924: February!

<pre>2/1/2019 at 0:55
Tiur, the Gnosis
Everyone
February!

It's new promotion time! We're in two parts this month.

First, IRE: 30% credit sale! This stacks with your membership bonus into a 40% sale. Come buy lots of credits, we'll be making artifacts this month to get your attention.

Second:

Online at https://www.aetolia.com/credits/ you will find packages of arrows for sale. Now, somewhat chaotically, these arrows do not exist physically and are merely tied to your heart. To fire an arrow like that, you'll need a Heartstring Bow... CALLFORTH HEARTSTRING. Then it's as simple as finding someone who needs a little love and SHOOT <person> (LoS or in the same room, some combat restrictions apply)

Being shot will get Easy Katy's attention! Katy will find those that have been hit with arrows and pass out a bag of prizes for them. That prize is limited to once a Howling. In addition, the person who shoots the most targets before the howling, and the person who has been shot the most times, both will get 25cr! All ties split those rewards.

At the end of the day, around the Howling, Katy will start looking for people who have been shooting her arrows, and much like Ironbeard.... you get a present! 25 arrows fired nets a gold purse, 5 a silver, and singles a bronze. If they don't divide easily you'll get a mix of purses in descending order gold->silver->bronze. This resets on the Howling, so if you want gold purses, don't spread out the shots!

So let's summarize:

Buy arrows online.
CALLFORTH HEARTSTRING
SHOOT <victim>
Victim gets a chance at getting an Easy Katy prize.
Arrows shot by you break down at the Howling into gold (25) silver (5) and bronze (1) prizes.

Average prize values
--------------------
Gold Purse: 750cr
Silver Purse: 150cr
Bronze Purse: 30cr

The actual prizes will follow in another post because this is long.

-T

PS: You'll notice there's no logindays part of this! That's because we're working on something entirely new that will kick in Sunday.

PPS: Easy Katy found the bag of arrows we're selling. Who knows where it came from, the label is ripped and all that's left is "HEARTS OF LOVE FOR THE SP", and we just assume that's meant to be "SPECIAL PEOPLE."

PPPS: In making this, I realized people have had those bows ever since Galleus made them. Chances are I'll make them decay at the end of the month.

Penned by my hand on Kinsday, the 11th of Lleian, in the year 478 MA.</pre>

Comments

• edited February 2019

2/1/2019 at 0:55

At the end of the day, around the Howling, Katy will start looking for people who have been shooting her arrows, and much like Ironbeard.... you get a present! 25 arrows fired nets a gold purse, 5 a silver, and singles a bronze. If they don't divide easily you'll get a mix of purses in descending order gold->silver->bronze. This resets on the Howling, so if you want gold purses, don't spread out the shots!

Is this also every Howling, meaning I'd have to shoot 25 arrows in that single howling period? Can I shoot the same person multiple times?

EDIT: Never mind, says so on the site.

• TiurTiur Producer
    Totally sorry I was confusing. Would you believe three Celani and Raz helped me make that LESS CONFUSING, and I still failed?

Yes, to get a gold, you need to shoot 25 arrows inside the current howling. They can be the same person.
    KalinaarOonagh
  • edited February 2019
    But its just a chance to get the prize right?

The Artifact Purchase page is kinda misleading if its only a chance of getting the prize, as it says if you do this you get a gold bag worth 750cr.
    ...so is it a chance or you get it?

Orr...is it for sure.
    StathanTeani
  • TiurTiur Producer
    The bronze/silver/gold purses are a sure thing. If you have shot 57 arrows in a 24 hour period, you would get two gold purses, a silver purse and two bronze purses.

The drawstring purse, the free one, that HAD a chance of not dropping, but I removed it. Everyone can get one a day.
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    @Tiur do you have to be logged in to get them or does it visit around the howling no matter what
  • TiurTiur Producer
    So, the system won't forget your prizes! You do need to be logged in so Easy Katy can find you, but you won't lose the prizes if you take time off.
    KalinaarAloli
  • MoxieMoxie USA
    edited February 2019
    I have been logged in for the past two days after shooting an arrow and haven't been visited? Does she only visit the person you shot?

Example on the promotions status... It says I have shot 2 arrows and I have only shot one. And then it says I have 1 reward, but I have been visited 0 times. I'm willing to buy more arrows but don't know if I should just wait?

(Illuminai): Saltz says, "Moxie is just doing the Moxie thing to do, often misinterpreted."

(Tells): Sir Iames Gallant, the Executioner tells you, "The one Illuminai beyond prayer, I swear."

Valingar: "How could a daughter of me, the most noble man in the south, be so heartless?"

(Tells): Haven Locke, Illuminai Khimaira tells you, "Be that as it may, I've also seen the strength in you. You can take care of yourself."
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    is there some specific time you need to be around and are u sure this is working haven't heard anyone talking about it yet ?_?
  • Easy Katy visits at howling. You have to be logged in, she visited Benedicto and I both. Also it's like Ironbeard but the Lover's Fling version and it's great. 
    Aloli
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    edited February 2019
    I seriously hope you are kidding me with her only showing up at howling. To clarify: if she only visits at or around Howling, it's pretty shitty to be European for this promotion. I sincerely hope it's not true, and that it means she will visit once per Howling regardless of the time, so long as you log in.

Moxie
    @Admin, could I get some feedback on my post, perhaps?

• TiurTiur Producer
    Sorry! She should be trying to visit people all day, it's just that rewards get tallied at the Howling. If she's not visiting people it's a bug, and I'll go figure it out!
    KalinaarMoxie
  • It appears, at least maybe just for me, she is only visiting on Howling because she arrived right on the dot! I hadn't been logging in around that time, just before or after.

(Illuminai): Saltz says, "Moxie is just doing the Moxie thing to do, often misinterpreted."

(Tells): Sir Iames Gallant, the Executioner tells you, "The one Illuminai beyond prayer, I swear."

Valingar: "How could a daughter of me, the most noble man in the south, be so heartless?"

(Tells): Haven Locke, Illuminai Khimaira tells you, "Be that as it may, I've also seen the strength in you. You can take care of yourself."
    I've been on a lot today, no visit. Hope you find and fix, @Tiur!

Stathan