Announce post #2904: Organic PK

<pre>11/27/2018 at 23:33
Razmael, the Synthesist
Everyone
Organic PK

Organic PK is something we love to see, and something we also want to foster. To that end, I'm introducing some highly experimental changes that focus on encouraging it. We'll be keeping an eye on how this plays out, making adjustments where needed or just scrapping it entirely if it doesn't end up working the way we want it to.

When five different people die (full deaths) in PvP in the same area within an hour, that area will now be flagged as conflicted and there will be a global message announcing this. A conflicted zone will give hostility aura to everyone inside it - this means you're open PK, you lose far less experience on PvP-caused death, and shared PvP experience is enabled. In addition, the five people who triggered that status will be refunded their experience loss. Conflicted zones will return to normal after one hour, but every five subsequent deaths will continue to refresh the timer (to a maximum of 20 minutes remaining). This system is disabled on the highway areas (Prelatorian Highway, the old Road, the Northern Road, Ranger's Trail), in all player cities, and also Esterport, Delve and the Grand Library.

Please remember this is for encouraging organic PK. It's not for trolling, it's not for farming experience. We're keeping a close eye on this, and will be intervening where necessary. Don't use it to troll others, and especially don't gather up your allies and kill them to turn a zone PK.

Penned by my hand on Kinsday, the 21st of Arios, in the year 477 MA.</pre>
TozMjollXeniaAishiaIazamatLuasPazradymEmirChurchKelliaraZaila

Comments

• Me and @Church feel personally attacked by the last line.
    (Web): Toz says, "Emir's Express Evacuation and Existence Eradicator, Every Experience is Explosive - Experience the Entirety of your Existence!"
    Church
  • One weird thing is if a lesser ends and someone dies it counts all the aura deaths and makes it a conflict zone. I'm not sure if it's a bug or a meta commentary on people being bad at aura pk rules (you killed me NOW YOU DIE), but it might have some weird side-effects.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz