Announce post #2906: December!

<pre>12/1/2018 at 0:01
Tiur, the Gnosis
Everyone
December!

Whee December!

You know it's time for stockings. Stockings for sale under the 'Artifact Packages' section of our credit purchase page at http://www.aetolia.com/credits

You can hang these stockings up for yourself or a friend, and after some time Ironbeard will sneak along and fill the stockings with goodies for the owner to collect! Of course, they aren't reusable.
Ironbeard never strikes the same sock twice.

Syntax: HANG <stocking> FOR ME/<friend> [ANONYMOUS]
---------------------------------------------------

If you are hanging it up for someone else they will be notified of such, and if you choose to hang it up for them anonymously, they won't know it was you who did it. The message will also be delayed by a minute if anonymous, to give you time to flee the scene!

Syntax: STOCKINGS, OPEN STOCKING
--------------------------------
You will be able to see the status of all of your hung stockings with this command. Once it's marked as filled, simply go to the room and OPEN STOCKING.

There are four tiers of stockings: Festive, Fancy, Grand, and Extravagant.

Festive: 1 prize roll
Fancy: 4 prize rolls (that's +1 rolls for the cost)
Grand: 11 prize rolls (that's +2 rolls for the cost)
Extravagant: 29 prize rolls (that's +3 rolls for the price! 29 rolls in one stocking)

Bonus! For every 5 stockings of a given tier (We'll keep track of this over the month, so feel free to split up purchases, no worries) you can get either a platinum or gold stocking of that tier! That means 5 Extravagant Stockings gives you 1 Gold/Platinum Extravagant Stocking! These stockings are special and fill on December 25th (gold) or January 1st (platinum). They also have about double the prize odds of their lesser, more mundane compatriots, plus chances for a special prize.

Gold stockings not hung by December 25th will become Platinum stockings.

Gold Special Prizes (only 4 stockings will have these)
------------------------------------------------------

An Ironwall ring
Stomping Boots
A Ring of Elemental Mastery
A class unlock token

Platinum Special Prizes (only 4 stockings will have these)
------------------------------------------------------
A custom Flair token
A Torc of Vitality
A Beastmaster's Whip
A custom Vox token

You can refer to HELP STOCKING ITEMS to see more information on what items you might find in your stockings, including the unique artifacts that will be drawn in the golden/platinum giftbags.

Happy December!
-T

Penned by my hand on Kinsday, the 14th of Chakros, in the year 477 MA.</pre>

Comments

• So is Iron beard gonna be dropping by? Are we going to have sausage plater for him type ordeal? The items look pretty cool.
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Ironbeard stuff is seperate, and I'm not telling! He usually shows up closer to the end of the month, though.
    TybereusStathan
  • AloliAloli Between Books
    I feel this is something like tribal knowledge and I tried looking through help files! Sorry for the silly question, what do 'rolls' mean? The number of random items that goes into a stocking?
    Between what is said and not meant, and what is meant and not said, most of love is lost. - Khalil Gibran
    Church
  • ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    In this case SEARCHNEWS ANNOUNCE ROLLS is probably your friend as opposed to help files

My understanding is that basically one "roll" is one random selection of prizes. So something with 5 rolls will have 5x The prizes as something with one roll. 
  • AloliAloli Between Books
    edited December 2018
    Aha. Thank you! <3

Edit: searching the news didn't help but I think I have the gist of it. Thanks anyways 🙂
    Between what is said and not meant, and what is meant and not said, most of love is lost. - Khalil Gibran
  • Is there a reason stocking purchases don't generate org credits? I'm 100% certain chests do, at least, so I'm just confused as to why these don't.
    (Web): Toz says, "Emir's Express Evacuation and Existence Eradicator, Every Experience is Explosive - Experience the Entirety of your Existence!"
    XeniaOonaghTeaniZaila