A Curious Question of Selling Coded Systems (and the revenue they generate)

I am reading the ToS for IRE, and noticed something that got turned into a Web discussion:

Can I, a player, purchase from another player with Credits, a coded product, such as a Shapeshifter Offensive System or something similar? Thanks!

Comments

• if not, a lot of people are in trouble
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
    An Atzob cultist says, "Is a shamatato as tasty as a potato?"
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

• I demand shrubbings.
    (Web): Toz says, "Emir's Express Evacuation and Existence Eradicator, Every Experience is Explosive - Experience the Entirety of your Existence!"
    Rhyot
  • RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal
    If it's for credits, it's not technically against the ToS. If it's for RL money, it is. In any case, it's not something we're going to enforce if it's for stuff outside the game. If you're trying to sell in-game stuff for RL money though, such as gold, credits, or a whole character, we'll come down hard on that for sure.
    DiogenKanivaraKelliaraOonaghZailaArbreAxiusLuas
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    No need to purchase a system. Just ask for Sunder and you'll get every offense system for free. 

• What Rhyot is trying to say is that if you get Sunder you'll have a fully capable offense of dismantling everyone who put the work in themselves and is using homebrew.

What Rhyot doesn't know is that Sunder is garbage (no offense Jory ily) and anyone losing to it enough to be salty enough to drop passive aggressive comments about it every chance they get is even worse than a Sunder user. And they're a hypocrite, because they never voiced these complaints when Tripwire was top dog.
    (Web): Toz says, "Emir's Express Evacuation and Existence Eradicator, Every Experience is Explosive - Experience the Entirety of your Existence!"
    IazamatFezzixStineOonaghTenshyo
  • ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    So.... What you're saying is that Sunder is Schrodinger's system:

Simultaneously garbage and fully capable of dismantling anyone who made their own.
  • That has a dangerous assumption baked in: that something is true because Rhyot says so.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

ZailaStineIazamatOonagh
  • KynaKyna Victoria, Australia
    We're getting a little off topic now AND on that note, this thread has served its purpose with @Razmael's answer. Combat questions, discussions and various system(s) pro's and con's can move on back to their own thread.
    ZailaOonaghSklax
This discussion has been closed.