Stine D. Emerson

Hello. Feel free to leave any affirmations, comments or otherwise.

Comments

• before i can contribute, i need to know... what does the 'D' stand for?
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
    An Atzob cultist says, "Is a shamatato as tasty as a potato?"
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

• It's his middle name, and there's multiple stories behind it!
    Steele
  • his middle name is 'D.'? huh,

hm, stine, stine. i can't recall too many interactions, but he did tell vyx her leg was broken. oocly that seemed nice, but icly SHE WANTED IT THAT WAY HOW DARE YOU QUESTION ME (etc etc). gj, i think?

(P.S. 'D' is for 'Doland' i bet)
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
    An Atzob cultist says, "Is a shamatato as tasty as a potato?"
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

• Stine "Danger" Emerson

Not because he is dangerous, but because ...hes up to no good.
  • AloliAloli Between Books
    Almost all of Aloli's interactions with Stine have been moments right out of a comic strip. Starting with misinterpreting his intentions and making him help her write city scrolls, to the fiasco with Alexein, to Iames. Your writing is excellent and you portray your character very well.

Sorry I kept getting so busy and sometimes being half there! Stine is a solid bloke and very laid back. I love it. Keep up the greatness!
    Between what is said and not meant, and what is meant and not said, most of love is lost. - Khalil Gibran
    Stine
  • Roleplaying with you has always been some of the highlights of my time in Aetolia and Stine is no exception. Once Rhine was able to chip away the stone exterior and see past the lighthearted and often self-denigrating jokes, she found a truly complex and wonderful person that she is proud to call her best-friend. In the RL year that Rhine and Stine have been friends, she's seen him grow from the interactions and choices that not only he has made, but that others around him have made and therefore influenced. Thank you so much for continuing to inspire me with your writing and creativity and for blessing our community with an amazing character.
    SeraphinaIesidStine
  • Very level headed and wonderful
    RhineIesidStine
  • We have not had many interactions but I appreciate that Stine has been supportive of Kjell and helped him with his understanding of the Gods and Duiran! There is a lot to learn in this game and some times the books are very confusing so I am very appreciative of the conversations!
    Stine
  • This has been a long time coming and now that I've found your thread, it's now time to write my glowing review.

When I first began playing Aetolia I came across you and your exceptional writing style, together we had a short arc that defined a part of my character's perspective. Roleplaying with you when I have the chance has always been a great highlight and a contributing factor as to why I decided to put work into my character. I was unsure if Aetolia was initially a right fit for the character I had in mind.

THEN, I found your character, and through the happy-go-lucky kind of guy Stine at first, and the deepening complexities beyond that wall I saw glimpses of something more that made me intrigued to push my own character development. I am happy that I came across you, and I hope we can go back to doing more roleplay more often!

While our characters have drifted back to merely an orbit of friends and light involvement. I am always happy to be prepared for the unexpected, whether it is a short plot of rescue or even the daily slice of life.

If you as a player have not had the opportunity to roleplay with Stine, you're missing out on a really neat character who's got a whole lot going on.

(The 'D' stands for Dirt)
    EorosOonaghStineZeheiaRhineAloliDidi
  • I am requesting feedback if anyone feels interested in giving some. I am not looking for fluff and warm feels(though appreciated and enjoyed); help me refine what is there to give a better or clearer picture of Stine.
  • Stine said:

I am requesting feedback if anyone feels interested in giving some. I am not looking for fluff and warm feels(though appreciated and enjoyed); help me refine what is there to give a better or clearer picture of Stine.

if you're not Emir's Son, you should consider changing your name ;}
    (Congregation): Iosyne says, "I made a cup."

Horkval are a feature...
    BulrokStine
  • Been waiting to try and get the right words for this...

Stine has been an instrumental part of Rhine's life. He's one of the few characters that I can see very clearly in my head, mostly due in part to your amazing roleplaying skills and writing. Every interaction I've ever had with him, even the small day-to-day/slice of life ones, leaves me with the impression of who he is as a character in the stories we get to write with each other. On the outside looking in, he is a strong, driven man and usually has no qualms about speaking his mind, but as you get to know him there are all these twists and turns that make roleplaying with you a very special experience. You have given me so many opportunities and ways to challenge Rhine and force her out of her comfort zone, for which I am very grateful. The stories we have written and the bonds of friendship between our characters have kept me logging in again and again for more.

So, in short, thank you for giving him to the Aetolian community. You - as a player - have not only assisted many players in making the Aetolian experience better but through Stine, you have given us a complex character that I am still learning more and more about even after almost 2 years of roleplay.
    StineBenedictoAloliYedanIesidDidiKatie
  • Bump. Been a few months and tried to interact with more than my usual crew, and Stine has been actively pushing Duiran lately. 
  • Stine always asks who Alela is, but to be fair, she doesn't have any idea who Stine is, either. To her, he's the owner of some particularly treacherous stools and a smart mouth. We'll see if it goes any further than that!
    (Web): Abhorash has joined your web.
    (Web): Abhorash says, "Nerds."
    (Web): Abhorash has left your web.

Alela's Affirmations
  • Stine seems like a really steadfast bloke. ;) 

Straid and Stine are still in the early stages of getting to know one another, but the seeds that have been planted have been artfully placed. I see the potential for a robust friendship between the two depending upon how things progress in the coming months. In my dealings with him thus far, I have found Stine to be a very believable character. He is anything but two dimensional. He seems to take the time to thoughtfully interact with anyone who comes his way and does so with comfortable finesse. I get the sense of some flaws that ultimately serve to make him more relatable and his dexterity with easy humor is refreshing. Not just any character has succeeded in getting my stoic atavian to show his impish side, but interacting with Stine brings it out in spades. 

Well executed roleplay that really gives the sense that the player gives a damn about it. Looking forward to more in the future. 
    Rhine