Zaila Tenor

2»

Comments

• edited September 2017
    I enjoy roleplaying with you. You put a lot of personality and panache into your emotes. I like that you are not afraid to play a flawed character, and I like even more that you strike that fine balance of both being a trainwreck, and yet making your audience totally unable to look away from the horrific black comedy that is occurring before their eyes.

4/5 stars. While package also contained disturbingly animated shadow sausage that wanted to shimmy up to me, rest of the product was well worth listed price. Character came with significant unexpected baggage, but that's all part of the fun.
    ZailaNola
  • I will duly drop this here.

DidiZailaKasimirLuas
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Teani, for rather obvious reasons, does -not- like Zaila. Despite this, she at least tries to be civil, while keeping an eye out for potential daggers that might suddenly end up in her chest.

We haven't had a chance to RP much lately, but this is because my RL situation has taken its toll on me. Personally, I think Zaila is a splash of color in the game, one that you can easily just walk away from (as long as she is not wielding anything sharp that is pointed at you :wink: ) if it becomes too much. You handle her abrasiveness quite well, and you are still respectful on an OOC level, for which I <3 you as a player immensely.

Zaila
  • She should seek commodities more often, that was amusing.
    Zaila
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    If Aetolia had an award ceremony akin to the Oscar's (wouldn't recommend the idea but -if- we did) I would nominate you for so many categories!

You are a strong writer with a remarkable and natural ability to really bring a character to life on the screen. Not only that but you also know how to seamlessly float between sharing the spotlight in a supporting role and wielding it as a protagonist. Keep doing what you're doing!

Also don't give up on combat. Zaila would be a wonderful opportunity to explore that route.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Zaila
  • I'd say Zaila is a national treasure, but she's rogue.
    Zaila
  • yay rouge er rogue
    ZailaMihaketiEmir
  • AloliAloli Between Books
    I loved Zaila's passion.

I look forward to seeing them play together but from their interactions so far, I see the kind of friends that butt heads once in a while.
    Between what is said and not meant, and what is meant and not said, most of love is lost. - Khalil Gibran
    Zaila
  • Luas and Zaila be like

SteeleZailaOonaghEllianaIesid
  • @Zaila you will forever be my Little hippo. I absolutely love your brightness and the familiarity with Elli and her relationship. It's like teasing between siblings, and god help whoever bullies one of them with the other present. I am so glad you've come back to our side and returned to Omei! <3
    I am not a morning inside four walls. I am the hurricane setting fire to the forests at night when no one else is alive or awake. I live in my own flames sometimes burning too bright -too wild to make things last and so I run. Far and wide until my bones ache and lungs burn..and it feels good.
    Do you hear that?
    It feels good, it feels good because I am both the slave and the ruler of my own body and I wish to do with it exactly as I please
    ZailaOonagh
  • Z is fun! She is witty and forward, sarcastic and humorous. Really Sklax is only interested in her cool guy mount, Sandy. But with that being said! It should be pointed out that Sklax has decided that he will -not- be eating Zaila.

Hooray for non-edible friends!
  • Oh, Red Raven!

Considering his opinion on it at the time, it always amuses me that the one good thing Iesid got out of the Moghedu situation was meeting Zaila. They're wonderful to one another, despite how thorny they can both be.

You play a character with compelling, convincing flaws - which is splendid, because flawless characters are really boring. Just like a normal person is improved by adversity, I think that characters in an RP environment often do so as well. What's even better about that fact is that you have a knack for ensuring those flaws stay relevant in Zaila's life until she overcomes them. I feel that roleplaying characters with vices, flaws, or insecurities makes them more real and gives more opportunities for conflict - something that I like to have in RP. Sunshine and cupcakes gets boring.

One of my favorite moments between Iesid and Zaila? Their little exchange on one another's flaws. It was probably a revealing moment for what kind of character both of them are, which was both fascinating and funny.

On your writing? You have a splendid style that helps set tone and tension appropriately; be it at the top of Omei's temple, a cramped rookery, a forest clearing, or anywhere else. I find myself more readily utilizing alliteration again after starting to RP with you. I can't imagine a better place for your writing style to shine than where you have manuevered Zaila. To echo your sentiments from my thread: though their conversations in tells are full of character as is, they definitely could be around one another more often!
    LuasZailaDidi
  • ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    edited November 2019
    This isn't a bump so much as it is a shameless ripoff of Aishia's art posting system.
    For Zaila's earliest look, you can go back to the first post in this thread! I have it hidden under spoilers!
    but for here - screw 'dem spoilers!
    I'll try to put these in relatively chronological order with explanations! I have had more art than what will be here, this is just what I have available on this computer. If I find and add more, I'll post again!

Mint Panacotta Zaila Chibi - This was her earliest formal dress look! From back in her late teens in Spinesreach. Art by Eleanor

This would be a late teens/early twenties Zaila shortly after joining Enorian the first time: showing off the scarring she usually keeps very well covered by clothing.  Art by Eleanor

These three are from the second big Zaila style shift. This would have started a few months after she joined Enorian and broke up with her fiance-at-the-time. (which I started calling Punk Rock Zaila after how Tacitus described her at the time.)   The previous three were all drawn by Eleanor!

This is a sketch from the same time period, but after she got endgame finally (somewhere in her mid-twenties). I decided the most Zaila version of an endgame chance would be changing the word "buxom" in her description to "voluptuous" (I made her boobs even more ginormous)There was a less-forum-appropriate version that this was the concept sketch for: Zaila's super-packed bra (she stowed everything in there) bursting open against the strain and random items flying EVERYWHERE!  This art by Temix!  (not aetolian)
    (I might be easily amused)

Same period, but Zaila has put on some weight post-endgame. Started focusing more on her music hall (Two Tenors' Talent Tabernacle) and commercial enterprise after she was got a shop. Art by Eleanor

Clearly in the same period, but I'm not exactly sure when! I thought it captured a Zaila expression so well! Timeless!   Art by @Teani

This was based on a poster @Rasani designed to advertise a Zaila-Themed drink in her shop, I thought it turned out totally awesome! Drawn by Eleanor

After a handful of IC years in her Punk Rock phase, Zaila decided she needed to get back into shape and get more actively into fighting. She was terrible at it, but she went into it stylistically whole heartedly. This was her look through her late twenties to early thirties. Chibi by Eleanor. Full body Art by @Sessizlik

During that phase, Zaila left Enorian and got married - pictured here in her wedding gown. This was around the first time she joined Bloodloch in her early thirties. Full body Art by @Phoenecia

While in Bloodloch, she eventually ditched the combat gear for that old formal dress she had sitting around.

And just for fun, I had Zaila's then-toddler daughter Galena also drawn up Art by @Sessizlik

Zaila's rogue period came to a close in her late 30s after she got cursed with diseased flesh-eating barnacles that she had to get removed. This was a picture of while the damage was freshly healing
    Art by @Kaya (Mad)

Art by Eleanor

A fairly self-conscious, private and vain creature, Zaila started wearing a veil to cover this like she typically covered the rest of her scarring out of public view. After rejoining Enorian, she got this fancy veil and started wearing it and then went Full Enorian on her outfit as well. This is her mid thirties. Art by Eleanor

Same period shameless pinup drawing! Art by @Kaya (Mad)

While in Enorian, Zaila rejoined Omei's congregation and and an orderite brought Zaila back into order. Then the Jox conflict started brewing and Omei started logging in again, saw Zaila, and demanded that Zaila stop wear that veil OR ELSE.  So here are two different Artists' interpretations of Zaila's messed up looking, scarred-over face!
    Art by Eleanor

Art by @Shaith

Naturally, I had to get her full body and chibi versions made veilless, now

She went through another combat-education phase, and this captures her general disposition during most of this period up through leaving Enorian and joining Duiran.

This is the most recent Zaila that I believe I have! Seen here with her Wyvern she calls Sandy (not his real name, obvs) that was her wedding gift from Kalak. She demanded he get her a real gift since he proposed with a "scrumptious cake".  This was during her settling into Duiran phase in her early 40s where she was happy again - be it for ever so brief a time.
    WHEW - lots of photos! Time to get an updated one!
    MjollVahnCaynStineKodaSeraphinaRhine
  • ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    I found more! And conveniently, they're all "Zaila plus one!"

So here we've got:
    ZAILA WITH BUDDIES!

As before, I'm putting them in chronological order with brief explanations.

Despite the lack of color-completion, I really liked this one of Zaila and Nola! After a brief, fairly contentious (because Zaila was a provocative snot) first meeting, they launched into being fast friends after their second or third meeting. Even when they're on opposite tethers, they can still banter up a storm. This was early on in their friendship, shortly after Zaila joined Enorian that first time. (Art by @Nola )

A mildly-exasperated Benedicto tolerating Zaila affectionately toying with his tentacles. (Art by @Eleanor )

Another of Zaila and Nola - this one quite a bit later, somewhere between Zaila's "Punk Rock" stage and "Xena" phase. Here they're hanging out at Zaila's shop, chatting the day away. (Art by @Nola )

Looking rather unkempt after their lives were unexpectedly turned upside down, Cayn and Zaila sharing an intimate smoke while reconnecting. (Art by @Eleanor )

----------------------
    After posting all these, I definitely think I like pair-pictures better than singles! I will definitely remember this for future art orders! I love art that tells a story, and more people definitely tells even more of a story!
    CaynIesid
  • For posterity, a complete summary of CaynxZaila:

Zaila
  • edited December 2019
    Our interactions have been either brief or through tells, but I've still gotten a good sense of Zaila as a character and her general personality, and each has been entertaining. I'm hoping our paths cross more in the future!
    Haven