Lore questions.

Comments

• Thanks for the reply.
  • edited October 2018
    I do not understand that answer at all.

Edit: Nvm Mjoll dumbed it down for me.
    (Web): Toz says, "Emir's Express Evacuation and Existence Eradicator, Every Experience is Explosive - Experience the Entirety of your Existence!"
  • RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal
    tl;dr Avareti was the drool that dribbled out of the corner of Lanu Du's mouth when it rolled over in its sleep and squashed Enorian during the War of Night. She was essentially a small sliver of Lanu Du's essence. It's why Varian called her Albedi offal.
    EmirZailaOonagh
  • edited October 2018
    More like Albedi Awful.... (BUILD A WALL)
    Bamathis 2020
    RazmaelMjollSklax
  • Oonagh said:

More like Albedi Awful.... (BUILD A WALL)
    Bamathis 2020

>:(

#justiceforavareti
    (Web): Toz says, "Emir's Express Evacuation and Existence Eradicator, Every Experience is Explosive - Experience the Entirety of your Existence!"
    TozMjollFezzixSteeleKelliaraAngroth
  • edited October 2018
    Another set of question, since I've also seen multiple viewpoints:

Did Varian re-form the moon from what we saw? Or was that the Albedi creator, the Eschaton?

It is said the Albedi gods get their power based on faith, does this mean that Jox had thousands(or more?) of people worshipping him in some fashion on the continent of Albedos? Edit: Or is this more of a "as Aetolians, we believe this is how they get their power"?
    Oonagh
    No, Varian and the entity that repaired the moon are two different beings.

The second answer is complicated, and harder to give a meaningful answer to without delving into it too much. While Albedi Gods did come into existence outside of the belief system, the belief system is what gives power to their concept. Belief doesn't mean active worship in this case - but that does that give them far more weight than just believing in their existence. Basically, it's an extension of this concept: http://wiki.aetolia.com/Haridas_manifold

You'll find that Albedi God worship is quite prevalent in Albedos as we uncover more of the continent - they're a people that are under heavy Dreikathi oppression, so turning to religion is a way for them to cope.
    OonaghStineIazamatZailaSklax
  • Did Varian knock Jox uncon instead of killing him to not piss off Eschaton who I'm assuming was already pissed off Jox blew up his moon.

Like Daddy V is absent for ages and he doesn't show up in the nick of time to save everyone. He shows up after the other Alpha Gods favorite toy is shattered, and instead of killing Eschaton's kid he just knocks him uncon and then Bamathis doesn't kill him either. Can they even kill him? Closest we've seen to a death is apparently a lab slide specimen being devoured by Varian himself.

Was the Cosmic Being fixing the moon Eschaton?

Why is Varian literally the worst dad ever?
    IazamatSilenaSklax
  • edited October 2018

Meanwhile all our gods getting refunds on their costume....
    ZailaSilenaSklax
  • ImvraImvra Immortal Immortal
    Those are not questions we can publicly answer at this time.
    Emir
  • You can't even tell me why Severn's mom has never taken Varian to court for a custody battle? :(
    Sklax
  • Would you want custody of a one-armed cow in a dress?

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

IazamatStineZailaSklax
  • Well if she had raised him from the beginning maybe he would be an outstanding member of society instead of a pathological liar. You don't have to be a psychiatrist to see the man has major daddy issues.
    IazamatSilenaSklax
  • Emir said:

Well if she had raised him from the beginning maybe he would be an outstanding member of society instead of a pathological liar. You don't have to be a psychiatrist to see the man has major daddy issues.

Well, buddy, you go tell Severn you're his new daddy. I'll be over here with my sun glasses on.

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

you disgust me

Sklax
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    To piggyback off of Emir's question: just what IS Varian even doing that's so important that he only ever has time to scold his kids for screwing up?

Also, in light of recent events, there's been some things that I've wondered about since it seems the Sapience pantheon and Albedos pantheon have been at odds for a looong time. 

If Varian is THE Creator, but the Eschaton is ALSO the Creator for Albedos, who came first? Or did they come about separately and the feud between the Sapience and Albedos gods is essentially a territory war?

The death sequences across various regions (Dekhay Plateau, Sapience, Albedos) are also very different. Sapience's Mirror sequence, you come back to life because Varian deems it not your time. With the Plateau and Albedos sequences, you're turned away because you don't belong there. Theoretically speaking, if an Albedos native were to die on Sapience and come back, would they experience the Mirror? Or would it be something else entirely?

Sklax
    You lot are asking some very good questions - so good that we can't answer them because they're spoilers for future events/stories! Best I can give you for now is a clue: It's not a coincidence that Varian showed up while that cosmic being was distracted with moon maintenance.
  • Phoenecia said:

To piggyback off of Emir's question: just what IS Varian even doing that's so important that he only ever has time to scold his kids for screwing up?

Also, in light of recent events, there's been some things that I've wondered about since it seems the Sapience pantheon and Albedos pantheon have been at odds for a looong time. 

If Varian is THE Creator, but the Eschaton is ALSO the Creator for Albedos, who came first? Or did they come about separately and the feud between the Sapience and Albedos gods is essentially a territory war?

The death sequences across various regions (Dekhay Plateau, Sapience, Albedos) are also very different. Sapience's Mirror sequence, you come back to life because Varian deems it not your time. With the Plateau and Albedos sequences, you're turned away because you don't belong there. Theoretically speaking, if an Albedos native were to die on Sapience and come back, would they experience the Mirror? Or would it be something else entirely?

Varian is making planets for Starmourn, that's why he got so irked when Jox blew up the moon.
    SilenaSklax
  • Pretty sure during the event V basically said 'ok the other guy is distracted so I could nip down here and chew out my kids for setting the living room on fire, what the hell guys'.

A wild guess about Space Hands would be that they belonged to Odravh, since we haven't seen anything out of them since Hashan, but Varian being afraid of going 1v1 with a single mid-tier Albedi god would be weird considering he casually stepped on Jox. I dunno.

It's neat to be excited about all the questions from an event though, and it's cool to see names like Varian showing up in the ongoing plot. Good stuff.
    StineIazamat
  • The next time I need to talk to Varian, I'm building a moon catapult.

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

you disgust me

Zaila
  • Completely unrelated to this tangent, but I have two questions.

A. Can Tanixalthas fly to the moon?
    B. What's the moon's audit on asphyx/electric?
    MjollVyxsisSklax
  • Steele said:

Completely unrelated to this tangent, but I have two questions.

A. Can Tanixalthas fly to the moon?

yes, and how dare you even entertain the possibility that it could be otherwise
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
    An Atzob cultist says, "Is a shamatato as tasty as a potato?"
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

LeanaSklax
  • KynaKyna Victoria, Australia
    A. Well! Yes. She could. So, as @Vyxsis declared, how dare you think otherwise! Haha.

Jokes aside, She would lose Her Sapience-based element (Air) if She did and then, She would probably die from the lack of air rather quickly. All-in-all, not likely in Her best interest.

B. 100%
    VyxsisSteeleKelliaraZailaLeanaOonaghSklax
  • All right, looking for all the dwarf canon I can get.

Is Dhaivol, and not just Ivoln, the creator of the race? If so, does Dhar hold any continued interest in his progeny?

How would you describe the accent and their language, and is there an in-game dictionary that would provide general translations?

Are there, or were there family clans of dwarfs a la pretty much any other high fantasy tale?

Are there any other races that dwarfs have a long-held generational hatred for?

If all of the dwarfs got together and built a stronghold, what would their military and guards be outfitted with/wearing?

KelliaraSklax
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Low Key?!
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    Stupid question time. I recall there being a wide variety of summonables via the Domination skillset. Would there, or would there not be a "Beholder" type entity from the chaos plane that's pretty much exactly the same as what they're known to be. Entities focusing on scholarly pursuits, with a larger variety of eyes, and possibly more senses to them than normal?
  • The Chaos Plane has almost infinite possibilities, but only a small subset of those are possible configurations. Currently, there's nothing like what you've described in existence...

...but down the line, it's entirely possible that a Beholder non-copyright-infringing giant floating eye with accompanying eye stalks might show up.
  • edited December 2018
    What officially happened to Swordmaster Colby and his band of merry men and women, the Delosian Guard. Did they all fold into the new state of Esterport and retire as private citizens?
  • The Dreikathi visited Delos and sent all of them to live on a farm, I think. Where they run happy and free and are definitely not super mega ultra dead.

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

you disgust me

TeaniStineIazamatZailaOonaghRazmaelSklaxKoda
  • ImvraImvra Immortal Immortal

Colby's retired to some hidden cove on Polyargos, enjoying the hospitality of the Harpies. Not many survived, and those who did have resettled elsewhere. Or so others have said. It is difficult to say where the reality of legends lies.
    SklaxAloli
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    @Imvra did he get leprosy or something!?