Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• I think you guys just all took a lowkey roast seriously. 

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

EmirZailaLinVyxsis
  • ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    Bear in mind that you're describing administrative punishments and not divine-punishments. Getting shrubbed is really a punishment for OOC things (breaking the player-rules, not the character-rules).

They already have silencing/peacing as lower-level punishments for bad behaviour that they don't deem immediately shrub-able (you were naughty in what you said or how you attacked, respectively).

I like your ideas for disabling artifacts, but as Lin and Co have mentioned, people are odd. They will actually chill out better and complain less if you tell them they don't get to go in the park at all, then if you tell them they can go in but can't play on any of the equipment.

Regarding hostility aura: as far as my characters' behaviour is concerned, they always assume they are always open to being attacked. They might be MORE concerned if they know they've pissed someone off lately, but it just seems super metagamey to behave as if I'm not always open to being attacked at any juncture while not in a safe place just because I-the-player know that "well the game rules dictate that I can't be pk'd without ample cause". My point being: it would have zero effect on how I play if I was punished in that way. (Granted, I've never been admin punished, maybe my perspective would change) Also, it seems more like a IC Divine-punishment idea more than an OOC admin-punishment idea as the actual punishment involved encourages and requires others to interact with you ICly (aka with PK) to actually be any sort of punishment.

Also - I've assumed your idea was mostly meant to be tongue-in-cheek, but I think open-hostility-aura would be a fun IC punishment for gods! The downside to it is that it gives clear cause for the person who has the punishment-aura to attack the punishing-god's order as you are allowed to attack those who have an open bounty on your head, and that is effectively what this would be the equivalent of.
    Xenia
  • Zaila said:

My point being: it would have zero effect on how I play if I was punished in that way.

Yes, but you're not a narcissist/coward.

Zaila
  • Trager said:

Vyxsis said:

Lin said:

Fezzix said:

HEY! Instead of shrubbing, why not get creative with Divine punishment? Disable certain artifacts (like custom wings) for a set amount of time, make Delve guards attack on sight, give an offender a hostility aura that doesn't fade until you say it fades...

You haven't been in the Pools, so I can forgive your having no understanding or appreciation of the world-ending, apocalyptic, Jeremy Saunders e-mailing fit people would throw if the Admin disabled player's artifacts.
    ok but wait... who are you again?
    Someone who's absolutely correct.

Anyway, I say go for it. There should definitely be a Celani devoted solely to inventing creative ways to punish offenders. unicorns it, I say go put a paid onto it. The content/storyline/quests/RP can totally be set aside for a completely pointless assignment like that one.

tl;dr: If you're an idiot, you get shrubbed. I imagine, in most cases, shrubbing serves as a pretty great deterrent to more offenses. Why fix what isn't broken.
    who are all these people????
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
    An Atzob cultist says, "Is a shamatato as tasty as a potato?"
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

• Vyxsis, gone so long she forgot who she is. You saw it here first.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Vyxsis
    @Fezzix
    I feel like the phrase you're going for is "tactically cautious" because I definitely play both cowards and narcissists regularly!
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Yeah come on! You can't say those things about my friend! She's MAD CRAVEN.
  • Toz said:

Vyxsis, gone so long she forgot who she is. You saw it here first.

who????????????????????????????????????????????????/
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
    An Atzob cultist says, "Is a shamatato as tasty as a potato?"
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

• edited October 2018
    No clue if this has been suggested before, this is entirely too many pages to check through. But a means of writing custom emotes for the Rite of Prayer and Rite of Spirit would be pretty dang nice.

Something like COMPOSE RITE <PRAYER|SPIRIT> <tick #> <emote to be displayed>. Or sub in some other verb since COMPOSE is already taken.

Bonus nerdsquee if we can get two versions of each, one for when you're at the Grand Flame and one for when you're not.

COMPOSE <PRAYER|SPIRIT> <FLAME|NOFLAME> <tick #> <emote>

I imagine it's the kind of thing Illuminai/Templar could incorporate into their guild progression tasks.
    Steele
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    you can get your god to change it unless they like their own version better
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    oh sorry I was thinking of Order Sermons
  • Just a small idea, and would hardly have a giant impact and is more for fluff I imagine, but having a factionless option to pick - no city no guild - would be a neat thing to see on Slavers Isle once a character is being rolled up.
    AishiaIazamat
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    edited October 2018
    There's actually good reason for there not being one @Sklax, and it also comes down to the same reason it was bad in MKO that they went ahead and did it: The playerbase is so small even now that it genuinely would not be feasible. Coming from someone who has to force themselves to find time to log in, if I logged in to find a neutral faction based in either Delve or Esterport had been created, I'd probably start looking at closing my time in Aetolia down because I expect a good chunk of the non-pvpers to flock to it, killing off what remains of the fragments in the remaining 4 cities, leaving only the combatants who would have very little recourse but to actually challenge this new player on the field, which has no real justification or reason to side with either, and it'd be entirely a situation like Cyrene in Achaea, where everyone goes "Why are you attacking us, you jerk?!" on top of attacking each other. It just doesn't play out well at all, I think. Especially in today's population. And that's not even mentioning the situation involving the fact that the godmin are angling for tether-based RP and events anyways. Because if you create a tetherless faction, the godmin are going to have to ignore said faction and treat it as if it and the players within don't exist for their intended goal, and players would be unhappy with that.
    A lot of people have wanted the ability to play factionless to start, but it's been pretty clear that the admin are never going to make that an option, sadly.

I wish there was a way to start as a "new" versus "experienced" character - so that with the latter you could skip slave's Isle entirely and not have to pick a city/guild if you don't want to. As a true game novice, it makes sense to force players to pick one. 
    Sklax
  • edited October 2018
    I remember back in "olden times" when your tutorial consisted of following a Paladin (gee, who remembers those?) into Azdum, there was an option to skip the entire tutorial, and start at Lvl 1.
    Zaila
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    I, and Pepperridge Farms, remember that tutorial! That being said, there is the option to GRADUATE the tutorial early, but the prompt to do so does urge to complete it just for the boost to starting level.
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

Sklax
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    That if you've been involved in a 'realm wide event' and contributed to said event, that there is some sort of acknowledgement of that. As it stands, fame lines for these events are only typically awarded for being present in the final battle (there are exceptions to this.)

However, currently what that means is that you can contribute for 99% of that event and take part in every element of it, but miss the final act due to timings and other commitments and receive no acknowledgement whatsoever. Conversely, you can contribute nothing, turn up for the final act and be awarded a fame line.

Personal feelings aside, I feel that this massively undervalues active contribution towards the 'tedium' aspect of events.
    LuasStineChurchZailaOonaghKandaraTeani
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Plus it just makes people FEEL SO BAD
    BenedictoLuasStineChurchZailaAxiusOonagh
  • I liked that in the Three Widows war, you got a tiered recognition based on participation.

I had thought this would be an ongoing trend, unfortunately it hasnt really been, it would be nice to know what parts and efforts everyone has participated in, and have some sort of recognition, I mean we have people who aided Gods, build ballistas, killed leviathans, chaos boars and other big bads in the buildup. I did put in a request ICly to my god for the Leviathan hunt, because I felt that deserved one and thought it would merit some sort of trinket of sorts, because I got kinda flooded as did @Phoenecia I believe with those who participated feeling like there should be a prize from such a large hunt. Who doesnt like a trophy.

We did get recognition for blood buckets, which I did find nice, but definitely something for the other forms of participation would make this suitable, especially in a months worth of activities.
    BenedictoZailaLuas
  • Yah, where's my "successfully stoked Chak's forge" and "happily fondled Abhorash's bloodstones" honours lines? ;)
    BenedictoOonaghEmir
  • TiurTiur Producer
    We're working on something! A lot of the little things were so freeform we didn't plan for all the honors it would take. We'll, at the very least, give everyone in October something.
    Oonagh
  • Hey, any chance we can get the vampire sun messages changed from ticking every 7 seconds to every 25 seconds instead? The effects only really affect newbies, but I'm assuming most people are against their removal for the RP aspect, so all they manage to actually do is annoy the older players who stand in the room with a vampire. As far as things go, though, I know I'm outside and burning, I don't need reminded as often as 7 seconds, haha.
  • Revive Jox.

Aim him at the sun.

????

Problem solved.
    (Web): Toz says, "Emir's Express Evacuation and Existence Eradicator, Every Experience is Explosive - Experience the Entirety of your Existence!"
    ArbreIazamatMjollTozSklax
  • RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal
    Arbre said:

Can we get the atmos msgs to be the same msg hitting everyone in the room (area, etc) at the same time? Some of them are very neat, but you can't react to them because no one else sees them.

That's a complex problem, since atmos are condition based and some people in the room might not meet those conditions (e.g. some atmos are tied to being in a certain org, a certain race, and so on).
    KelliaraArbreSklax
  • Razmael said:

Arbre said:

Can we get the atmos msgs to be the same msg hitting everyone in the room (area, etc) at the same time? Some of them are very neat, but you can't react to them because no one else sees them.

That's a complex problem, since atmos are condition based and some people in the room might not meet those conditions (e.g. some atmos are tied to being in a certain org, a certain race, and so on).
    Huh. That's really cool.

And now I'm curious as to what I'm noticing that other people aren't!
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    The balls rolling by in Spinesreach is one, @Kelliara
    Sklax
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    can we get a minor change to the way TELLs work? I want to be able to do TELL BRIAR. and it go to Briar, not Briaria, or like TELL KANI. for those who maybe wanted to talk to Kani when they log in, but not Kanivara by accident. (Seriously. Please, do this. I hate having to put someone on ignore because the person I wanna talk to is three letters short of the other person's name, and they're a Syssin or other class that can remove themselves from the WHO list but not pull completely out of range of TELLs sometimes. ) The idea is that the period puts a stop on the tell to keep it from auto-filling to someone who's active.
    Sklax
  • There's a config option for it already. Try CONFIG NAMETELL FULL.
    EmirIazamatZailaTeaniSklax
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    I have that set up @Stine it doesn't work for me. If Briar's not logged in, instead of it going "hey, she's not logged in", it goes straight to Briaria.