How can I maximize my damage in PVPVE?

Hello all, I play as a Zealot class and I'm trying to figure out how to maximize my damage output.
I have transcend Tekura and Illumination since I was told those are my main offensive and defensive skill sets, however, when bashing or attempting to go into combat, I'm highly squishy, my damage is very low, and I'm left at a loss as to what I'm doing wrong. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks 

Best Answers

• Accepted Answer
    Zealot is the class I primarily bash with, and I will agree that the damage can be somewhat underwhelming compared to some others. It is, however, a defensive monster! I recommend the following:
    -Cobra stance. This will allow you to world a shield and still kick twice, shoring up your cutting/blunt audit without sacrificing damage.
    -DON'T use Illumination:Boilingblood while bashing. Not worth the hit to damage.
    -DO use Temperance, Lightshield, Discharge, and Fireblock. This is the core Zealot defense set.
    -Use Illumination:Infusion to restore health and mana if you're in trouble, but first...
    -Leave the room of the thing that is killing you!
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    Accepted Answer
    Illumination Discharge is awesome for survivability, so be sure you're using it.

Other resources to help with bashing:

Ylem amulets: They're 15k each, but you'll WANT to at least have a white amulet because it boosts all of your stats by 1. Each city has a help file on which ones do what, but white amulet is essential, especially if you don't have stat boosting artifacts.

Orbs: Also ylem wares. They offer temporary buffs that can be a huge boon when you bash. I forget which ones do what, but they do things such as increasing your damage, increasing your crits, etc. 

Answers

• EliadonEliadon Somewhere Over the Rainbow
    edited October 2018
    Well, being level 76 isn't doing you any favors. HELP TEKAL -> HELP IDRETH/AZUDIM/YELENI will explain that a bit more.

AB HUNTING is what dictates your bashing damage, now. It automatically is learned more as you level up, transcending at level 120.

It's possible that you aren't utilizing all of Illumination as well, but that question would be better answered by someone who has Zealot or Luminary. @Yeras maybe?
  • What are your stats, and do you have discharge in illumination? What other defenses do you use? And where are you bashing?

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz