LOVE

Comments

• TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    edited October 2018
    TIUR! SHOO! SHOO! GO AWAY! THIS IS YOUR MONTH TO GO BE NOT-TIUR! SHOO!!!

<3
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

• PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    It's been said before several times, but I've really been enjoying this event and everything revolving around it from fighting the dregs everyday and having to occasionally change tactics or having something new sprung up on us to the interactions with the various god and the tasks being performed for them or for Lobyl. The stakes feel high, and it's awesome seeing how much of an impact players are having on things. So a big thanks to the Pools team for all the interaction and investment in making such a fun and engaging event.
    DiogenNilsKelliaraLuas
  • I am sure this event has been awesome, but I really can't wait for it to be over and done with so I can actually try to engage in the game again.
  • NilsNils The Pools of Divinity
    @Mimotesh I'm so sorry to hear you're having trouble engaging with the event! We'd love to hear from you, as we try our best to make sure everyone can get involved. If you'd like to message @Tiur or @Razmael in-game, or send an e-mail to tiur@aetolia.com, we can attempt to address your comments and concerns and, hopefully, take action towards re-engaging you.

And some love for everyone else, too: I love that everyone loves this event. There's nothing better than seeing your hard work make people happy. Thanks for taking care of us!
    Mimotesh
  • I'd like to give a shout out and thanks to the admin team-- the event and everything is really making me feel re-engaged. Much love.

KelliaraTozNilsDiogenLuasTedrunaiIazamat
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Nils said:
    @Mimotesh I'm so sorry to hear you're having trouble engaging with the event! We'd love to hear from you, as we try our best to make sure everyone can get involved. If you'd like to message @Tiur or @Razmael in-game, or send an e-mail to tiur@aetolia.com, we can attempt to address your comments and concerns and, hopefully, take action towards re-engaging you. And some love for everyone else, too: I love that everyone loves this event. There's nothing better than seeing your hard work make people happy. Thanks for taking care of us!
    I think the main issue is that the events happen at the same time of day, every day, without giving people in other time zones a chance to play a role that matters. Right now for Europeans you can bash for essence (not fun for everyone), or make ampoules (2 minutes of work if you're slow) and bombs (30 seconds of work). It takes considerable effort to motivate yourself into reading event posts about all the fun others get to see, just to learn what is going on in the world, especially when you know you can't stay up all night.

In that way, the proxy war was better, since there were more missions to focus on and different ways to become engaged in the conflict. I'm aware that things are coming to an end soon, but it's something to keep in mind for future events. Europe is quite often forgotten. (Not a new phenomenon).

Still, though, I appreciate the hard work put into this. I've managed to turn my hours around one weekend, so I got to experience the dregs once!

BenedictoMimotesh
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    Teani said:

Nils said:

@Mimotesh I'm so sorry to hear you're having trouble engaging with the event! We'd love to hear from you, as we try our best to make sure everyone can get involved. If you'd like to message @Tiur or @Razmael in-game, or send an e-mail to tiur@aetolia.com, we can attempt to address your comments and concerns and, hopefully, take action towards re-engaging you.

And some love for everyone else, too: I love that everyone loves this event. There's nothing better than seeing your hard work make people happy. Thanks for taking care of us!

I think the main issue is that the events happen at the same time of day, every day, without giving people in other time zones a chance to play a role that matters. Right now for Europeans you can bash for essence (not fun for everyone), or make ampoules (2 minutes of work if you're slow) and bombs (30 seconds of work). It takes considerable effort to motivate yourself into reading event posts about all the fun others get to see, just to learn what is going on in the world, especially when you know you can't stay up all night.

In that way, the proxy war was better, since there were more missions to focus on and different ways to become engaged in the conflict. I'm aware that things are coming to an end soon, but it's something to keep in mind for future events. Europe is quite often forgotten. (Not a new phenomenon).

Still, though, I appreciate the hard work put into this. I've managed to turn my hours around one weekend, so I got to experience the dregs once!

I genuinely, genuinely, *genuinely* cannot agree with this enough. AGREE X INFINITY!

I've missed so many events or the endings to so many events because of the timezone difference. As @Teani said, we wind up going through all the tedium to then miss out on all the fun at the end.

I already know I'm going to miss the end of this particular event which is a massive downer, because it has been a lot of fun to be around everyone in a manner reminiscent of the first Dreikathi war. I especially love how each of the Divine has had their own tasks to give down. There's been a real feeling of cross-tether inclusion. I can't give the admin enough props for the amount of work and thought that has gone into this event.

Doesn't stop me from being gutted that I'm going to miss the conclusion.
    Mimotesh
  • TiurTiur Producer
    I totally feel you guys. We have been making an effort to spread out when events happen, but this requires so many hands on deck that we have to time things with the majority of the team present. There's not a lot that we can do about that until we get more volunteers in those timezones... and then we would have even less players in those timezones!

Anyway, I think the team has heard and are going to try to spread some things out a bit more. The meat of it still takes too many of us, though :(
    BenedictoOonaghTeani
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Spooky ghost event oooOooOooo.
  • Dragon mom noticed me :swoon:

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

VyxsisKynaOonaghKelliaraSklax
  • Abhorash taught me how to master Ultra Instict.
    (Web): Toz says, "Emir's Express Evacuation and Existence Eradicator, Every Experience is Explosive - Experience the Entirety of your Existence!"
    VyxsisNilsTedrunaiBenedicto
  • Abhorash is a weeb confirmed.
    EmirVyxsisOonaghMjollNils
  • Toz said:

Dragon mom noticed me :swoon:

Livin' the dream, @Toz. Livin' the dream
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
    Vyxsis
  • @Whoever was behind the forge and Chak's priestess, thanks! I know it was short and to the point, but I appreciate having the RP all the same, and I hope you don't think I was cutting you short (and I hope I didn't unintentionally cut you short)!
  • edited October 2018
    Slightly late for the comment party, but yes, what both @Teani and @Benedicto said. I usually go to bed at 7pm GMT. Howling is at midnight. Most events happen at Howling. There is no chance in hell I will be able to be around for the beginning or the end of any event happening around Howling. And making ampoules or bombs to help.. why, if that's the only thing I can do? I've ignored the event posts and most of the in game posts regarding this event, because I simply have no way of feeling involved at all.

What makes me sad is that this is a HUGE event. EVERYONE is talking about it. And I just couldn't care less, which damages my rp with other people. They want to talk about things going on and I understand that, but I feel so disconnected I don't even care about it. Because of that, I don't even log in for more than just reading news and messages. And I will most likely not log in for a bit of time after the event ends either, since it's gonna be what people are talking about anyways.

I understand that an event as big as this has to have all hands on deck, but there must be some other time on a weekend where people can come together, right? Just changing the event to start at 8pm GMT and it will give more people a chance to join. 8pm in London is (if my calculations are correct) 3pm in New York, noon in Los Angeles and 6am in Sydney. Do this on a saturday (which would mean sunday for the Aussies, but still a weekend day when most people are off work) and you can have a maximum amount of attendees! Do you really have to start events in American evenings? Is that a must?

Anywho, enough rambling from me. This is a thread of love and I still want to give that to the people involved in this event cause seriously? It really does sound like a sick events! And I am so, so sad I couldn't be involved in the Severn and Scio event, cause that sounds utterly amazing, so extra props to him. So love all around to the admins! You are amazing! Just... think about timing a bit more in the future? ;)
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    A suggestion, maybe? I don't know how viable it is as I don't know what resources or staff you have available for this but perhaps after an event in peak time, you guys could perhaps get into the practice of doing a 'follow-up' or 'recap' event during the off-peak hours to involve the players of the other timezones.

An example:
    There's been talk and rumors spreading across the continent about a mysterious cult that's been up to no good. People vanishing from their homes. Livestock being slaughtered and left in their fields skinned alive. No clear pattern appears to emerge but ya know players spread out to see where things might strike up next.

Howling/Peak Time - A horn is blown and a mysterious portal opens that unleashes Kerrithrim 2.0 upon Sapience. Full event proceeds as normal.

Off-Peak Time (perhaps same day or the next day) - A straggler cultist is cornered in Attica and has barricaded themselves in the church. As the mini-event goes on, the off-peak players manage to learn that the Tiuran cult was responsible. They might learn that the horn was some ancient relic of blah. Whatever really. Minor details and obstacles would go in this event so as to not push it forward exactly but leaves them feeling included and learning/recapping what the peak players learned.

Just my two cents.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    VyxsisTeaniIazamat
  • @everyone up in the pools. Y'all are amaze-balls.
    Toz says, "Dishonor on you (Mjoll), dishonor on your family (Seirath), dishonor on your cow (Bulrok)"
    IazamatEmirTedrunaiLuasNilsOonagh
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    The little leviathan hunt last night. <3@Slyphe, @Haern, and whoever worked on the code for it. It was super fun, and felt very much like running a raid. Hope to see more stuff like that 
    KelliaraOonaghLuas
  • Phoenecia said:

The little leviathan hunt last night. <3@Slyphe, @Haern, and whoever worked on the code for it. It was super fun, and felt very much like running a raid. Hope to see more stuff like that 

Cooool.

I'm jealy. I wanna hunt leviathans.
    Luas
  • Wow. Just wow.

Varian out of left field. Lanu Du. Bamathis.

The finale was unicorns awesome.
    KelliaraOonaghZailaLuasDiogenSklax
  • Stine said:

Wow. Just wow.

Varian out of left field. Lanu Du. Bamathis.

The finale was unicorns awesome.

Pretty dang cool. I agree.

#justiceforAvareti.
    EmirIazamatLuasDiogen
  • In a manner of minutes I went from supporting our Pantheon to hoping Jox rose back up and ate Bama instantly. 

I didn't like the concept of Avareti and Emir didn't care for Her either but man our gods did her dirty af.
    (Web): Toz says, "Emir's Express Evacuation and Existence Eradicator, Every Experience is Explosive - Experience the Entirety of your Existence!"
    IazamatZailaPhoeneciaKandaraLuasDiogen
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    The finale made my feeling bounce between "omg, not-good-not-good, don't do that!" and "Yas! Keep it up!", while my character went through emotions ranging from concern to boundless rage and everything in between. Well done!

LuasDiogen
  • I was at work with a hand over my mouth, trying to do paperwork.
    My coworker was like what is going on...and I was like "I DONT KNOW ANYMORE"

Good form people. Good form
    ZailaKelliaraLuasTeaniDiogenEllianaSilenaStine
  • "It walks as if it had the blessing of Iosyne, the Malevolent...but it doesn't."

This made me chuckle far more than it probably should have. <3
    VyxsisTozArista
  • I hope I'm not the only one who wanted to see Damariel just mount the damn snake and ride it around. Cowboy Gods.
    -The Axeslinger
    DidiRazmaelSklaxArista
  • Love - Tanixalthas

Last night I got to actually interact with this in-game deity, and it was WAY better than any of my daydreams could have predicted.

The claws, the teeth, the oppressive size, the air of barely leashed hostility and the electrical discharges in the air. And her description!

The verbal exchange and attitude between Sklax and her was better than I could have predicted.

I don't know who you are, awesome person that plays Tanixalthas, but you were spot on with the role play and interactive delivery. You do a great job playing a Dragon Goddess.

:smile:
    LuasPazradymStineTozFezzixKelliara
  • Sklax said:

Love - Tanixalthas

Last night I got to actually interact with this in-game deity, and it was WAY better than any of my daydreams could have predicted.

The claws, the teeth, the oppressive size, the air of barely leashed hostility and the electrical discharges in the air. And her description!

The verbal exchange and attitude between Sklax and her was better than I could have predicted.

I don't know who you are, awesome person that plays Tanixalthas, but you were spot on with the role play and interactive delivery. You do a great job playing a Dragon Goddess.

:smile:

Dragonmum is best.

Spread the word.
    SklaxToz
  • <3 fighters, thanks for entertaining me.
    Toz says, "Dishonor on you (Mjoll), dishonor on your family (Seirath), dishonor on your cow (Bulrok)"
    Sklax
  • It's been 3.5 weeks and our cat has finally been found and delivered home. He's skinny, but loving as always. Now our balcony is netted, so he can't escape again, and we will make sure to give him loads of love and food in small doses to help him feel at home and get better.
    StineSteeleKelliaraTeaniPazradymSklaxSilenaLuasCorrina