The Bloody Audit Thread

Comments

• IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    My latest rage is at how badly this game tries to promote fighting, but then counteracting itself by somehow coming up with more ways to discourage it (Havens/Custom Wings/City/City Portal/Normal/Above Wings-Amulets/Hoods). You just can't promote conflict while simultaneously creating more and more ways to discourage. It just allows people to do things to instigate potential conflict, but then there's no drawback to it because they never realistically have to follow through with it via infinite safehouse idling.

I know this particular topic has been discussed over the spread of many different threads lately, but I'm just going to officially rage at it in general. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    Edhain
  • @Macavity: That audit is insanely good.

MastemaIllikaalAngweEsperSeir
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    edited March 2013
    That audit is crazy good. This is mine, with energy shell up AND soul embeded in body:

********************************[ Resistances ]********************************
    Type           Defences     Miniskills   Armour       A. Total     
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cutting        40%          0%           56%          56%
    Blunt          40%          0%           55%          55%
    Magic          30%          24%          0%           46%
    Fire           50%          24%          0%           59%
    Cold           50%          24%          0%           59%
    Electric       40%          24%          0%           53%
    Poison         40%          24%          0%           53%
    Psychic        20%          24%          0%           39%
    Asphyxiation   30%          24%          0%           46%
    *******************************************************************************

I'm wearing really good fullplate and embedbody gives an extra 10% to both cutting and blunt, plus whatever shell gives (I think that's another 10%?) and you still beat me. :/ Nerf you.
    Teradrim's high audit is likely attributed to their slow buildup offense, like monks. Except monks are literally half that tanky D:
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
  • And that audit is pretty good too, moi!

Well, yeah, but I'm powerful statpack, with orbs activated and energyshell and my soulstone set to defensive and 4 blessings. I never realized Teradrim were that super tanky!
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    I don't think orbs or energy shell show up anywhere on audit.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

They do. Orbs died and everything lost 3%.
    Ah. Shell wasn't for a while, and I didn't see orbs either. Maybe they're just not showing up under the individual 'audit x' part.

"If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

edited March 2013
    Cutting        35%          0%           28%          49%
    Blunt          35%          0%           28%          49%
    Magic          35%          24%          0%           55%
    Fire           35%          24%          0%           55%
    Cold           35%          24%          0%           55%
    Electric       35%          24%          0%           55%
    Poison         25%          24%          0%           49%
    Psychic        15%          24%          0%           43%
    Asphyxiation   15%          24%          0%           43%

Full Shaman audit without a spiritmask. The spiritmask lets me raise any of the elemental audits by 6%. Also have a blessing with this audit too. I can get it to go higher, albiet temporarily.
  • tl;dr Teradrim, Praenomen, Bloodborn audits are fine. Stop using words like 'insanely good' 'crazy good'. They're the way they're supposed to be.

Comparing them with Carnifex is a terrible idea because Carnifex is an unfinished class that was promised fixes and changes but never received them.

Nip this in the bud before it becomes some stupid nerf campaign where one isn't needed. And you know that's what this kind of talk always devolves into. You get pumped up by a bunch of numbers that aren't as scary as they appear and then boom, Miasma/Warmth gets a 5% cut and I'm left even further unable to bash places, even iwth 1600 credits in defensive artifacts.

Go away. ><
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    The fact that Bloodborn is an unarmored class and has higher audits than those with armor is pretty funny.
    IllikaalEdhainAreka
  • Armor is rather horrible in general.

Alastair
  • [quote]
    Cutting        35%          0%           29%          43%
    Blunt          35%          0%           28%          43%
    [/quote]
    ^bloodborn, right? 43/43 isn't bad for cut/blunt, but I've got better... 51/50 on Carnifex. And my armor isn't spectacular because I downgraded from the awesome set Aoi made me so I could customize my own.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Fenrir said:
    tl;dr Teradrim, Praenomen, Bloodborn audits are fine. Stop using words like 'insanely good' 'crazy good'. They're the way they're supposed to be.

Comparing them with Carnifex is a terrible idea because Carnifex is an unfinished class that was promised fixes and changes but never received them.

Nip this in the bud before it becomes some stupid nerf campaign where one isn't needed. And you know that's what this kind of talk always devolves into. You get pumped up by a bunch of numbers that aren't as scary as they appear and then boom, Miasma/Warmth gets a 5% cut and I'm left even further unable to bash places, even iwth 1600 credits in defensive artifacts.

Go away. ><
    The problem with Bloodborn lies somewhere between their audit itself, and damage management skills.

Monks are a perfect example of this. COMPLETE crapola audit, but they have some of the best damage management skills in the game. Numbness, Kai regeneration, Transmute, though the latter two have some pretty dangerous drawbacks. Monks CAN be tanky, but you're also putting your life at risk, strangely enough. 

Bloodborn on the other hand have a much higher audit than monks, and their damage management skills are arguably much better than those of a monk. 
  • Illidan said:

Bloodborn on the other hand have a much higher audit than monks, and their damage management skills are arguably much better than those of a monk. 
    ... what? Monk active damage management skills are by -far- the best in the game. Bloodborn, or any other class in the game, don't come even close.

• Which is fine and part of the damn class.

NONE of you were complaining about these classes tankiness prior to someone posting an audit. Now all of a sudden you're all foaming about a stupid audit.

• EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    edited March 2013
    ...mend? That's about all they have. And Sanguispect I guess. Don't see where you're getting damage management skills from. They definitely don't come close to Monks.

And don't forget, the audit looks great, but it comes with a sip malus. So they are less tanky than someone with a similar audit who isn't a vampire class.

Fenrir said:
    Which is fine and part of the damn class.

NONE of you were complaining about these classes tankiness prior to someone posting an audit. Now all of a sudden you're all foaming about a stupid audit.

Isn't true actually. I posted my audit BECAUSE everyone was foaming at the mouth about how OP tanky vampires are. I posted it to show that our audit really isn't any better than other classes and we have a sip malus to boot. This super OP tankiness thing is a relic from before statpacks were introduced IMO.
  • And lets not forget, Powerful was nerfed in the face and now Miasma has taken a hit.

Praenomen/BB/Teradrim are fine.

Carnifex needs work.

If Templars are squishy then Liason the hell out of that.
  • With protection aura, divine blessing and fullplate (though I need to get a new set of resrings):

Cutting        20%          0%           54%          42%
    Blunt          20%          0%           55%          42%
    Magic          20%          24%          0%           39%
    Fire           25%          24%          0%           43%
    Cold           25%          24%          0%           43%
    Electric       15%          24%          0%           36%
    Poison         25%          1%           0%           25%
    Psychic        15%          6%           0%           21%
    Asphyxiation   15%          24%          0%           36%

• ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    edited March 2013
    To note: Omnitrans and currently Powerful statpack.
    Audit with resists, protection aura, orbs, divine blessing, miasma fullplate (84/84) and shield (32/33).

Cutting        40%          0%           77%          62%
    Blunt          40%          0%           78%          63%
    Magic          40%          24%          0%           53%
    Fire           45%          24%          0%           56%
    Cold           45%          24%          0%           56%
    Electric       35%          24%          0%           50%
    Poison         35%          24%          0%           50%
    Psychic        15%          24%          0%           36%
    Asphyxiation   25%          24%          0%           43%

Active audit (purity aura for dat str), orbs, blessing, fullplate, no shield (dat two handed), etc.

[spoiler] ********************************[ Resistances ]********************************
    Cutting        25%          0%           56%          46%
    Blunt          25%          0%           56%          46%
    Magic          25%          24%          0%           43%
    Fire           45%          24%          0%           56%
    Poison         35%          24%          0%           50%

edited March 2013
    Cutting        35%          0%           28%          49%
    Blunt          35%          0%           28%          49%
    Magic          45%          24%          0%           61%
    Fire           35%          24%          0%           55%
    Cold           35%          24%          0%           55%
    Electric       25%          24%          0%           49%
    Poison         25%          24%          0%           49%
    Psychic        15%          24%          0%           43%
    Asphyxiation   15%          24%          0%           43%

^ Regular audit.

Cutting        45%          0%           28%          55%
    Blunt          45%          0%           28%          55%
    Magic          55%          24%          0%           67%
    Fire           45%          24%          0%           61%
    Cold           45%          24%          0%           61%
    Electric       35%          24%          0%           55%
    Poison         35%          24%          0%           55%
    Psychic        25%          24%          0%           49%
    Asphyxiation   25%          24%          0%           49%
    ^With the bark fetish. 

Cutting        50%          0%           28%          59%
    Blunt          50%          0%           28%          59%
    Magic          60%          24%          0%           70%
    Fire           50%          24%          0%           64%
    Cold           50%          24%          0%           64%
    Electric       40%          24%          0%           58%
    Poison         40%          24%          0%           58%
    Psychic        30%          24%          0%           52%
    Asphyxiation   30%          24%          0%           52%
    ^With refining shell and Bark Fetish

Cutting        50%          0%           28%          68%
    Blunt          50%          0%           28%          68%
    Magic          60%          24%          0%           77%
    Fire           50%          24%          0%           72%
    Cold           50%          24%          0%           72%
    Electric       40%          24%          0%           68%
    Poison         40%          24%          0%           68%
    Psychic        30%          24%          0%           63%
    Asphyxiation   30%          24%          0%           63%
    ^With all of the above + Thorncoat.

I'd be skeery tanky as powerful. 

Ilyon said:
    Illidan said:

... what? Monk active damage management skills are by -far- the best in the game. Bloodborn, or any other class in the game, don't come even close.

Except, they aren't. Transmute literally puts your mana into your health (as much as you want. Regeneration literally converts your mana into health passively, but at a fairly good ratio. The usage of kaido and telepathy (god forbid blocks) are enough to make using ANY mana related skills in clutch situations dangerous vs mana consumption classes, unless you're artifacted with mana management items to the teeth. Focus, Renew, and Clotting also play major parts in this. Numbness is also now strippable via giving the monk sensitivity. To make a long story short, yes, their damage management skills are incredibly powerful. The problem with them is that the cons often outweight the pros when you're fighting against anyone, really. Especially against classes that abuse the lack of a person's mana. Try playing a monk sometime. 
  • Ilyon said:
    Illidan said:

While you're right in that monk may have more potent active mitigation, bloodborn is still one of the most tanky classes in the game. You get undead and vampire bonuses, fortify (for physical), ward (for magical/elemental), scythe stance (which is equivalent to old arti scale), sanguispect (vitality) and then mend for an active health restore. Bloodborn are pretty amazing tank-wise

• Scythe stance? Yes, lets take 5 seconds to do anything.

Aint nobody got time fo' dat.
  • Lol, not anymore. It hasn't extended balance for more than two years at this point.

• EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    I remember you being the liaison at the time, Xavin, wasn't the whole point of scythe stance because their class wasn't really balanced around having no armour? Hence giving them a form of armour.

Pointing out all those skills is great but I posted the audit with all of them up (sans scythe stance, so BB would be tankier in audit for that at the cost of limiting their combos to the speed of the scythe, which is like 3.7 so pretty awful) and it's not any better than most other classes, really. Add onto that a sip malus and they really aren't that tanky.

My Praenomen audit is pretty much lower across the board from Illidan's Shaman audit. Here's Wise Insidiae:

Cutting        35%          0%           29%          43%
    Blunt          35%          0%           28%          43%
    Magic          50%          24%          0%           59%
    Fire           15%          24%          0%           36%
    Poison         25%          24%          0%           43%

Add onto that my sip malus and...dare I say it...Prae is less tanky than Shaman. 

Though I don't get why Illidan's totals are all way higher when the defenses + armour + minis columns are the same. For example for cutting he has 35% defense and 28% armour, comes to a total of 49%. I have 35% defense and 29% armour, comes to a total of...43%?! It's the same for all the other resists too.
  • edited March 2013
    <P>Dexterous Carnifex, fullplate 80/80, safeguard, soul embed in body, and blessing.</P>
    <P>********************************[ Resistances ]********************************<BR>Type           Defences     Miniskills   Armour       A. Total     <BR>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR>Cutting        25%          0%           52%          44%<BR>Blunt          25%          0%           53%          44%<BR>Magic          25%          4%           0%           28%<BR>Fire           35%          3%           0%           36%<BR>Cold           35%          2%           0%           35%<BR>Electric       25%          2%           0%           26%<BR>Poison         25%          0%           0%           24%<BR>Psychic        15%          4%           0%           19%<BR>Asphyxiation   15%          14%          0%           27%<BR>*******************************************************************************</P>
    <P>I am a bit surprised at how average my cutting/blunt is compared to Shaman/Teradrim. I thought fullplate would be better for a knight class. I suppose armour just ain't what it use to be.</P>
    <P>After using adaptation to go Powerful with same blessing etc</P>
    <P>********************************[ Resistances ]********************************<BR>Type           Defences     Miniskills   Armour       A. Total     <BR>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR>Cutting        35%          0%           52%          51%<BR>Blunt          35%          0%           53%          51%<BR>Magic          25%          4%           0%           28%<BR>Fire           45%          3%           0%           44%<BR>Cold           45%          2%           0%           44%<BR>Electric       35%          2%           0%           35%<BR>Poison         35%          0%           0%           33%<BR>Psychic        15%          4%           0%           19%<BR>Asphyxiation   25%          14%          0%           35%<BR>*******************************************************************************</P>
    <P> Class switch to Dext syssin, Blessing 44/43 scale, safeguard</P>
    <P>********************************[ Resistances ]********************************<BR>Type           Defences     Miniskills   Armour       A. Total     <BR>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR>Cutting        25%          0%           29%          35%<BR>Blunt          25%          0%           28%          35%<BR>Magic          35%          4%           0%           36%<BR>Fire           35%          3%           0%           36%<BR>Cold           35%          2%           0%           35%<BR>Electric       25%          2%           0%           26%<BR>Poison         25%          0%           0%           24%<BR>Psychic        15%          4%           0%           19%<BR>Asphyxiation   15%          14%          0%           27%<BR>*******************************************************************************</P>
    Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
    Haven
  • edited March 2013
    @Ezalor yes, that was the point of that report. However, I think it's been demonstrated that they may well have a bit -too- much damage reduction when you consider sanguispect and their more impressive active offense compared to praenomen. And even praenomen excel, though they're not quite as high as they were before the forging changes.

For reference, here's a some bloodborn audit info, gathered with trans miniskills, resistance rings, miasma (pre change, so you'll look at a bit of a reduction there) and blue mist.

Bloodborn: scythestance - powerful

Type           Defences     Miniskills   Armour       A. Total    

Cutting        45%          0%           40%          56%

Blunt          45%          0%           40%          56%

Magic          30%          24%          0%           47%

Fire           25%          24%          0%           43%

Cold           55%          24%          0%           66%

Electric       45%          24%          0%           59%

Poison         45%          24%          0%           59%

Psychic        15%          24%          0%           36%

Asphyxiation   35%          24%          0%           51%

Bloodborn: shield (34/33) +other weapon - wise

Cutting        35%          0%           22%          43%

Blunt          35%          0%           22%          43%

Magic          40%          24%          0%           55%

Fire           15%          24%          0%           36%

Cold           45%          24%          0%           59%

Electric       35%          24%          0%           51%

Poison         35%          24%          0%           51%

Asphyxiation   25%          24%          0%           43%

-

and Praenomen under that circumstance:

Praenomen - wise - shield (34/34), scale 44/44

Cutting        35%          0%           51%          52%

Blunt          35%          0%           51%          52%

Magic          40%          24%          0%           55%

Fire           15%          24%          0%           36%

Cold           45%          24%          0%           59%

Electric       35%          24%          0%           51%

Poison         35%          24%          0%           51%

Asphyxiation   25%          24%          0%           43%

Edit: You can look at something like a 3% or so drop in various resists, I think, due to the recent miasma nerf.

Edit2: And remember, it's possible to match or exceed these numbers even -with- the miasma nerf. The reason? Artifacts. Namely the protection artifact and/or an artifact shield.

8.9.2 The Consanguine: Sapivi Specialization

Sapivi Advantages
    - No Additional Fire Damage
    - No disadvantage to health serum (instead of level 1).
    - +1 to Constitution
    - Increased Natural Avoidance
    - 10% increase to health healed from mending.

Why wouldn't you go Sapivi with BB, or is that not possible?

• That's not possible. Specializations are praenomen only.

Daskalos