Announce post #2872: deWar

2»

Comments

• TiurTiur Producer
    We have some things to finish implementing, and are reviewing our notes and debating how best to approach such a thread. Let us be realistic: There was a lot of salt, and I have been slammed with the unrestrained, negative, and sometimes threatening messages, emails, and discord PMs throughout the duration of the war and after. Opening a fresh avenue to re-hash what has already been said will not be helpful.

The shops and quests... we haven't forgotten! Due to RL commitments we've been down a bit of staff, and while we're chipping away at the work, we're also trying to keep up the schedule for current and new content. Trust me, I'm reminded every day that I'm slacking and need to pick up on that.
    MjollLeanaTeani
  • I too think it's a great idea to keep the rage confined to personal echo chambers so that it can continue to fester and grow and become even more toxic.
    (Web): Toz says, "Emir's Express Evacuation and Existence Eradicator, Every Experience is Explosive - Experience the Entirety of your Existence!"
    IazamatLeanaTeaniZaila
  • I'd like to agree, like, and lol Emir's post. Any chance we can get that feature?
    Zaila
  • Tiur said:

threatening messages, emails, and discord PMs

uh... yikes and wtfunicorns y'all
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
    An Atzob cultist says, "Is a shamatato as tasty as a potato?"
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

LeanaZailaKodaLuas
  • Tiur said:

Let us be realistic: There was a lot of salt, and I have been slammed with the unrestrained, negative, and sometimes threatening messages, emails, and discord PMs throughout the duration of the war and after.

Omg I was totally joking about beating you up because I can't have a Bashoomba cameo in my shout, don't be so unicorns dramatic dude.

But foreal, I'd like to apologize as a player, human being, and former(lol) insanely toxic ragemonster for the negative experiences you have in this regard. Unfortunately, you have to deal with all the "Linda's" that want to speak to the manager, and since you're the manager....RIP. That said, I would say "don't take it personally", but unfortunately the cycle of becoming invested into Aetolia inevitably leads up to that. It goes as follows:

-Innocent newbie joins the game
    -Few years go by and they get super invested into the game
    -Years of investment lead to a sense of entitlement, large or small, whether players want to admit it or not.
    -Changes happen that someone, somewhere inevitably will gripe about.
    -Gripes become internalized rage
    -Internalized rage becomes you being pissed off and everyone and everything, and you're really not sure why at this point
    -Your rage spirals out of control, next thing you know you're threatening what you believe to be the cause of all your Aetolian related (and probably some deep seated real life) problems.

For me, it wasn't ACTUALLY personal when I was raging at a lot of people during my time, it just unfortunately came across that way save for some cases where it became truly so. I also know this isn't really the thread for me to be saying all this, but the following reminders are always nice for everyone that plays this game:

1. There IS a human being sitting behind those emotes, says, tells, and messages.

2.We all get invested, and everything doesn't go our way. The best thing for you to do, whether you like it or not, is to step away from Aetolia for a while until you feel like you can handle whatever it is that's bothering you in a meaningful or healthy way that doesn't involve you cussing someone out and or threatening them.

3. Don't log onto Aetolia angry, and this is more important than you think. Your real life emotions bleed into your gameplay whether you want to admit it or not unless you're just a truly seamless hardcore roleplayer.

4. Left unchecked, the long term investment you put into this game can seriously turn you into a monster that you just aren't, or that you never knew you could become.

We all have bad days, and nobody likes to lose. Still, that's no reason to take it out on other players/admin because they are indeed people. You gotta learn to take an L sometimes, and you gotta learn that the administration really do have the players best interests at heart. When events like this happen, they don't rig it so that the side that happens to be losing was intended to lose. There HAS to be a winner or there just wouldn't be any conflict. I know what it's like to feel salty when you lose, because I did a lot of losing before I started winning, and trust me when I say I let that salt flow like Morton. Still, there's always next time. Breathe, stretch, shake, and let it go.

Be good to each other ya'll.

PSA From your friendly neighborhood not-so-retired retiree.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    LeanaZortaniaZaila

• 3. Don't log onto Aetolia angry, and this is more important than you think. Your real life emotions bleed into your gameplay whether you want to admit it or not unless you're just a truly seamless hardcore roleplayer.

That's what forums are for!

• Leana said:

3. Don't log onto Aetolia angry, and this is more important than you think. Your real life emotions bleed into your gameplay whether you want to admit it or not unless you're just a truly seamless hardcore roleplayer.

That's what forums are for!
    shush now, or i'll put you in the Naughty Dehaken Corner
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

Leana
  • If something is swept under the rug, is it clean?

EmirZaila
  • Vyxsis said:

i agree with the last two posts, and i'd like to suggest they include some sort of imp's trapping kit.

plz, i need an imp's trapping kit

Ansidia
  • Stine said:

It's been just about a month now and I don't think we've heard much about this. Is there any update on faction shops with items for higher ranks, quests, converting army faction rep to the regular faction rep, etc?

Tiur said:

The shops and quests... we haven't forgotten! Due to RL commitments we've been down a bit of staff, and while we're chipping away at the work, we're also trying to keep up the schedule for current and new content. Trust me, I'm reminded every day that I'm slacking and need to pick up on that.

Hi @Tiur I'm necro'ing my own necro. Hope you haven't forgotten about these things but this quoted post was a year ago.

1) My character is supposed to be some sort of war hero that was recognized by the Mitrine but the faction points were never rolled in like it was suggested they would be to the regular Mitrine faction.
    *****************************[ Discovered factions ]***************************** Name Rank Points Next Rank --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Anandhaz (2) Neutral 10000 25000 The Mitrine Ladhai'i (4) Pravahi 59100 70000

2) I don't think there's been any changes to the actual Mitrine/Ophidian area, and nobody that I talk to wants to give me a new quest.

3) There is no way to earn the currency to buy from the faction shops. There is a minipet, transmute beetle and vox all there but unable to be purchased unless someone is still hoarding mitrine offerings/ophidian..gems or crystals or whatever they were.

Can we expect any of these things that you said you were working on to be implemented?
    AloliIazamat
  • You guys got a vox? :open_mouth:
    Toz says, "Dishonor on you (Mjoll), dishonor on your family (Seirath), dishonor on your cow (Bulrok)"
  • I completely forgot about this thread, but I would still like an imp's trapping kit, please.
    (Congregation): Iosyne says, "I made a cup."

Horkval are a feature...
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    Stine said:

Can we expect any of these things that you said you were working on to be implemented?

Im not an admin, but considering the fact that right now... all development seems to be pointed toward getting the new production systems in place, I'd say that this is kinda put to the wayside for the time being.

Just my thoughts.

Hawa
  • Oh speaking of factions, I am so looking forward for Ashes of the Indorani.
    Hawa
  • I would like some way to spend all the imp faction tokens I collected and would love to have a title for imp faction ranks like we got for mitrine/ophidians. Pretty please!?
    Hawa
  • TiurTiur Producer
    This isn't forgotten! I actually try to make one change a week to catch up. I'll make a big post when enough accrue, as I only recently stopped being a jerk and started.

And saying there are no quests is a lie! ;)

Note - Kobolds get stuff first, then Mitrine. Imps I suppose eventually.
    HawaAloli
  • Now there'll be two reasons I regret retiring... can't get tattoo stamps anymore, and I lost my 69 (yes, you read that right - and may I also say, nice) Holy Impire faction tokens.
    (Congregation): Iosyne says, "I made a cup."

Horkval are a feature...
  • Only 69?? Slacker!  I have over 100!
  • Small time, the lot of you!
    You are wielding:
    You are holding:
    "offering33382"          a stack of 391 offerings.
    You are wearing:
    You are holding 1 items.
    You are holding 2 quest item(s)