Announce post #2879: Instances changes

<pre>9/2/2018 at 0:01
Razmael, the Synthesist
Everyone
Instances changes

- The SYNCHRONIZE command has been removed.

- You can now append a name to an instance's entry command to join that person's instance. e.g. for Xaanhal it would be TOUCH SEAL RAZMAEL to join me.
* You must be an ally or in the same web as the person whose instance you are trying to join.
* You cannot be on instance cooldown, nor be bound an existing copy of that instance.

- Added the ability to WREST <target> to pull someone out of an instance, when at the instance entrance.
* They'll have an instance entry cooldown for 5 minutes, so they can't immediately go back inside.
* This replaces the functionality of being able to synchronize to a target and pop into an instance to gank them.

- You can not join an instance while you have another instance open.
* i.e. you have to wait for your existing instance to 'reset' before you can join another.
* This includes single player instance scenarios like the eld mines, or the Transcendent fishing boat quest.
* It takes a lot of resources to generate an instance, and we don't want multiple per person to exist at a time.

- Eld mines instance will now reset instantly upon completion of the quest.

These changes are in preparation for some future instanced content that will have a maximum amount of people who can join.

Penned by my hand on Gosday, the 25th of Midsummer, in the year 475 MA.</pre>
VyxsisSteeleLeana

Comments

• WOAH future instanced content????????

guys i'm hype. this is huge. HUGE. the biggest.
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
    An Atzob cultist says, "Is a shamatato as tasty as a potato?"
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

Steele