Breeding

TozToz
edited August 2018 in Classleads
Proposed Hound Breeding Changes:

- Remove all stats/minors/majors from the system
- Add cosmetic differences and a 'heritage' bonus
- Breeders unlock types of hound builds/fur colors/eye colors/heritage bonuses based on breeding
- Create a 'line' of breed stock with a certain heritage, then tweak/breed with other lines for unlocking various aesthetic dog types
- Heritages would be unlocked through breeding within your own line (rng % chance to branch), or increased mutation chance when breeding with someone else's dog (rng %+ chance to branch).
- Breeding physical traits into your line from another's highest chance to gain traits, with a lesser % chance for random mutations

Example:
HOUND LINE FOUND name
HOUND LINE name HERITAGE trait

You create the Ostra hound line.
The Ostra hound line's heritage is Heavy.
(Heavy: 5% extra damgage on physical attacks)

HOUND BREED LINE LINE [M|F]
You order the kennels to produce you an offspring from the Ostra line and the Dram line.
(Where Dram line is someone else's. You could also just do OSTRA OSTRA to get yours)

While the hound is being bred, you have the option to change the aesthetics to anything you currently have, though this will prevent it from developing any mutations at all:
HOUND TAILOR build|body|eyes|fur|special option

Ideas for these:
- Build: large, small, compact, lanky, wiry, bulky, skeletal
- Body: long, wide, stunted, narrow, twisted, misshapen
- Eyes: red, blue, green, gold, amber, cyan, black, brown
- Fur: red, black, brown, gold, tan, mottled, spotted, gray
- Special: two-headed, two tailed, warty, cancerous, smushed_face, long-nosed, fanged, winged, spike-furred, burning, frozen, electric, twitching

None of the above would have any impact on what the dog actually does, and only very basic ones would be unlocked for the fresh Carnifex. They would have to breed regularly and hope for mutations, or breed their dog with an already mutated dog to unlock such options for their own lineages.

Howling happens, greet a kennelmaster

You are presented with a healthy male/female puppy.

HOUND PUPPY TRAIN major
HOUND PUPPY TRAIN minor
Unlocks per level, gain a major slot at 1, 7 and 10, gain a minor slot at 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, heritage manifests at 9, showing which heritage it has (Dram or Ostra).

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
(Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

MjollIazamatEmirXeniaSteeleTeaniKandaraAxiusVyxsis

Comments

• please for the sake of all that is holy do this or something close to this so we can just have abilities available to us. pls
    Xenia
  • Borscin said:

please for the sake of all that is holy do this or something close to this so we can just have abilities available to us. pls

Toz says, "Dishonor on you (Mjoll), dishonor on your family (Seirath), dishonor on your cow (Bulrok)"
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    You gotta throw Toz a bone every now and then or he will literally explode. Just tamper with it a bit so it doesn't go to his head and I'm sure this is fine!
  • Borscin said:

please for the sake of all that is holy do this or something close to this so we can just have abilities available to us. pls

pls
    Xenia
  • Borscin said:

Borscin said:

pls
    Toz says, "Dishonor on you (Mjoll), dishonor on your family (Seirath), dishonor on your cow (Bulrok)"
  • Aishia said:

a bone

haha, a dog joke, nice
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
    An Atzob cultist says, "Is a shamatato as tasty as a potato?"
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

• Borscin said:
    I read Borscin's words but heard the voice of Chris Farley. Rip.. :neutral:
    Unofficial Founder of the Cult of Tiur
  • Mordion said:

I read Borscin's words but heard the voice of Chris Farley. Rip.. :neutral:

... and you'll still be breeding puppies - when you're living in a van down by the river!!
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
    An Atzob cultist says, "Is a shamatato as tasty as a potato?"
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.