<pre>8/31/2018 at 4:05
Imvra, the Lorekeeper
Haven Entrances/Cshout Standards
Aetolia has gone through many changes over the last decade. Standards,
expectations, and lore have shifted over time, and with this comes a
messy precedence that makes moving forward more challenging.
In part of our efforts to get everyone on the same page, Haven entrances
and Custom Shouts have been wiped clean. New guide lines have been put
in place. We know that expressing yourself through these things is
important, and have staff prioritized managing these queues as you
The guidelines are as follows (Available in HELP SHOUTS and HELP
These are a projection of your own essence calling your mind to your
haven. Therefore, they should be:
- Confined to influencing the caster alone. Rooms can not flood with
water, and passersby cannot be snared with vines or shadow.
- It must be thematically appropriate to your character's abilities.
- It can not instill feelings or thoughts upon others present.
- Must indicate that a shell of yourself, be it crystal, a statue, etc,
is left behind.
Fingers weaving a pattern in the air, you focus upon the center of your
haven and draw yourself to it. Colour rushes past your vision as your
spirit draws away, and body stills like a timeless statue.
Fingers weaving a pattern in the air, Alecto focuses inward with intense
concentration. The sound of Her chanting continues even as her body
stills, an iridescent sheen protecting her tether to the plane.
This is how your voice, and your voice alone, sounds when projected over
the continent. Therefore, it should be:
- Confined to your voice.
- It can not impact the environment (sky flashes, temperature rises,
- It must be your voice alone (no wailing souls or lapping waves)
- It can not force feelings (Your hair rises, chills down your spine,
Resonant with derisive malice, Ere shouts, "Blah blah blah."
Dull despite the volume, Keroc's ponderous voice resonates, "Blah blah."
Penned by my hand on Closday, the 14th of Midsummer, in the year 475 MA.</pre>