Lore questions.

Comments

• ImvraImvra Immortal Immortal
    You are very welcome! I will continue to provide answers to any I see, so long as they aren't too Spoilery!

Alas, while terribly fearsome, Omei is indeed aligned with Spirit. She is the wild child that her older siblings look on with concern and a little envy.
  • VyxsisVyxsis Vyxsis
    edited August 2018
    lalala can't hear you over the sound of omei being a shadow sleeper agent lalala

edit: pls somebody get it y'all been killing me lately
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
    An Atzob cultist says, "Is a shamatato as tasty as a potato?"
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

• token tradein for imvra plush

A plush of whom?

@Imvra Do you really exist? Deep lore.
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    @Leana. You mentioned Galleus as a superior, though, and as stated above, Galleus' transition was more meta than anything else (he became a producer and a new God emerged to take that spot, not very immersive). The Hall messages still refer to Varian, leaving Galleus completely out of this part.

edited August 2018
    Steele said:

token tradein for imvra plush

A plush of whom?

@Imvra Do you really exist? Deep lore.
    Immortalized in written word and unborn in forming thought. I exist and have yet to come into being.

Spooky.

@Steele
    The benevolent staff have gifted Me a plush to prove My existence.
    Steele
  • @Imvra - Finish the sentence please:

"An euscuchianthrope, a korakanthrope and a sakaraeletus walk into a bar..."
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
    ...and say ouch!

I'm a Lorekeeper, not a comedian!
    KelliaraTiur
  • edited August 2018
    Don't sell yourself short, I got a chuckle.

Edit: Really, though, I was trying to be clever and had it backfire.

Touche, Imvra. Touche.
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    edited August 2018
    For those who are lost: A what, what, and what walk into a fine Spirean dining establishment?
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

• Tekias said:

For those who are lost: A what, what, and what walk into a fine Spirean dining establishment?

Three different kinds of Shapeshifters.
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    Figured as much, but which is which?
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

• Euscuchianthrope is werecroc, korakanthrope is wereraven, I have no idea what a sakaraeletus is
  • @Imvra What are the normal features of a pixie? We know that they are another one of Khepri's child races, along with the imps and preceded by the kobolds and goblins, but do they have any notable lore? Are there any pixie civilisations, or were they all enslaved in the war of Sehal? What are their usual features?

Will they ever be a player race?
    There is a new book in the Grand Library about the races, tangentially!

Pixies are short, under four feet. They have angular faces with larger eyes and smaller noses. Their wings are diaphanous and glossy, more like a dragonfly than the powder of a butterfly. Whatever colour their natural hair is correlates to their wings, which has more natural variety than most of the other mortal races, including berry shades of reds and purples.

Pixie civilization collapsed over the wars with the Imps, further suppressed between the passing of other, larger empires. Impish efforts of Pixie erasure were very successful over the centuries.

I can neither confirm that they will become a player race, nor deny the possibility down the road. They are not currently on the agenda. More of their lore and culture would be released with the race, to give a starting point beyond Impish enslavement.
    Steele
  • Would the Duamvi be considered Spirit elementals? If not, are there such things as elementals of Spirit and Shadow?
    Duamvi are not elementals, but could be considered an elemental race (there is a big difference!). If there is an element, there is an elemental. Whether they manifest in Prime, and where, is another matter.
    Kelliara
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    @Imvra I heard a rumor that grecht lay eggs. Is there any truth to this? People tend to point at the fact that there are baby grecht crawling all over eggs in one of the grecht settlements, but with how often Grecht and those bird mounts associate with each other, I would've thought that maybe they were raised/cared for together or something.
    Yes, Grecht lay eggs. They aren't hard shells, but more like leathery sacks. Appetizing!

P.S. This predates Me and was not My Idea
    P.P.S. Razmael also wants you to know that it predates Him too.
    AxiusZaila
  • ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    edited August 2018
    @irmva

Can we get a comprehensive list of which humanoid species are live bearers and which are egg layers? 

And for live bearers, are all human-esque gestational cycles, or is there variation?

For egg layers, how long do those eggs need to incubate, and are there any particularly interesting incubation methods? 
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Don't count my eggs before they hatch.
  • Pregnancy RP™

Now backed up by canon, admin-supplied details.
    Zaila
    This is a difficult subject that we have historically avoided being public about for various professional and personal reasons.

This is not a hill we want to die on. I am still deciding how to approach this.

Some things interfere with existing player decisions. Others...require a certain tact that takes some time to copy-edit, when it comes to pregnancy and baby roleplay and the things we are exposed to and recovering from.
    Zaila
  • Translation "We've seen some stuff, man. The horror, the horror..."
    On a non-baby note, what is the deal with racial relics. By canon do some people just have a billion wings and tentacles and crazy kangaroo pouches, and if so is there a way we can see a list of someone's racial relics?

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Zaila
  • ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    Re: not wanting to interfere with player decisions, totally understandable - especially since players themselves haven't been doing things "wrong" on purpose and no one wants to offend a player (or get the ire of a player) who was doing the best they could to do things "correctly" with what little data they had at the time. 

The current IC "how do we explain why different members of the same species seem to have different reproductive cycles" is "uh... Endgame, you know, it messes everything up" (since pretty much everyone is endgame). As a suggestion of how to appease those crazies of us who want biology data without possibly pissing off all those who've been RPing it different all
    this time would be to have a 30 second event something like:

Some God shout at some silly, tricksy pixie "Stop it! Give that jar back, it might have something dangerous!"
    the pixie shouts "No you can't make me!"
    A couple bits of back and forth until:
    Pixie: "If I can't have it - EVERYONE GETS IT!"
    Then, some magical sparkle dust is released in a worldmote, 'settling over everyone in the land'
    then everyone gets a little message (those not logged in get it popped into their messages)
    'You feel a funny tingling in your nethers as your biology is reset'
    Gods: "Oh, THAT'S the dust you stole, whatever, we thought it was something important, nevermind.
    "
    Then some NPC researcher can post into public that "We've studied the dusts affects, and it seems to have realigned everyone's biology *just slightly*. It seems not to affect currently pregnant individuals, but immediately takes affect after the uterus is evacuated."
    Then, in concurrence, post in ANNOUNCE that you've updated racial data and where people can find it if they're crazy enough to care.

VOILA! No one's too grumpy, no one gets to complain that their RP was invalidated and there's an IC explanation!
    ArbreXenia
    I will say that the nine month gestation and live birth is the norm, with minor fluctuation depending upon subfamily (Menedu may take a little longer, Zao Sazi a little less). Humans were the new general template the Gods mostly worked from, when it came to creating the other races. While not particularly appropriate for the complexities of races, in a way they are Mr. Potato Heads that have been given some custom parts to suit the God's vision or needs.

This is referenced in the newly released book in the Grand Library, but it is worth reinforcing: Sapience's races are design iterations rather than an evolution of development. They are shaped from elements and essence with a purpose.
    KelliaraZailaTekiasOonaghAxius
  • i'm looking forward to being consulted about all things Bug

(also, please don't force-change everyone's biology. that's the sort of detail that's so general and mundane that if it's not been addressed in canon by now - over a decade into the game's existence - it clearly doesn't need to be. 'regional variance' is an easy enough [and pretty realistic] explanation for all sorts of differences, so there's just really, really, really no need or reason to box this up. like, it's not core world canon, right? some people doing live birth while others lay eggs isn't an issue on par with, e.g., me deciding that actually the indorani are kitten enthusiasts who want to Lisa-Frank-ify the world. right? right?? why is there so much desire to lock down aspects of the world that aren't core/world-breaking and have been the playgrounds of beautiful player creativity ??????????????????????????? i don't get this at all?????????????????????????!!!???????????????)
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

MjollKandara
  • edited October 2018
    Okay, this is going to sound weird. I've been trying to ask ICly but have since given up. But I need the answer.

Where is Golgotha's harem? lol, I'm sorry. But 800+ wives and there's not a single one in sight on the Chaos Plane. On top of that, which one is his favorite/what is she like/who is she, if the favorite doesn't change every 5 seconds? My head canon was that this favorite wife is either extremely powerful, sassy, and all that or she's really shy, soft, and fluffy, no in-betweens. If I can get the answer ICly I would adore that because it would be really funny rp, but this is good too if that's not a possibility lol.
  • edited October 2018
    I don't think it physically exists within the game, but it's a part of the Chaos Plane that mortals don't have access to, is my guess. I also imagine it's just additional lore to Golgotha, but it's not been fleshed out beyond "it's a thing!"
    KandaraLuas
  • Kandara said:

Okay, this is going to sound weird. I've been trying to ask ICly but have since given up. But I need the answer.

Where is Golgotha's harem? lol, I'm sorry. But 800+ wives and there's not a single one in sight on the Chaos Plane. On top of that, which one is his favorite/what is she like/who is she, if the favorite doesn't change every 5 seconds? My head canon was that this favorite wife is either extremely powerful, sassy, and all that or she's really shy, soft, and fluffy, no in-betweens. If I can get the answer ICly I would adore that because it would be really funny rp, but this is good too if that's not a possibility lol.

It's IN from where he's standing. It's called 'Harem'

• here's my lore question:

where is The Hundred Dead hidden? please send the answer to me via dm

Mjoll