Transferring Liquids From FC To Casks

Today I picked up a mercantile skill because I've been looking at ways to make a little gold. That seems to be something I haven't been able to excel at since I recently started playing this mud. Being called a "mercantile" skill, I thought maybe that would be a good place to start. The plan was to build up a good amount venoms to sell to someone then make a little profit from my time. You can imagine my surprise after investing in fluidcache_expand lv3 to find that I wasn't able to transfer the 6,000 of each venom I had milked into the cask of my buyer. After asking on newbie I was told no command exists to transfer from fluidcache to cask and that the only way was to milk directly into a cask. Since one can simply save up a ton of venom sacs then milk directly into a buyers cask, I don't think allowing a toxicoligist to transfer from FC to cask is any different other than adding a little bit of quality of life.

As a result please see idea 1290 and support it if you are willing. Thanks!
Unofficial Founder of the Cult of Tiur
Xenia

Comments

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    There is a balance reason for this, basically they don't want people transferring between kegs or back for reselling.
  • Aishia said:

There is a balance reason for this, basically they don't want people transferring between kegs or back for reselling.

I understand, but I don't agree. I've played many muds and this sort of thing is definitely on the side of "over-balancing". When someone has paid $$$$ for an artifact that holds liquids, shouldn't they be able to transfer to and from it? This seems like a given to me and overly restrictive. Furthermore, why? Of course we would want to transfer liquids between casks, fluidcache, vials, etc. Personally this is exactly why I would buy fluidcache_expand 3; so that I could go load up my FC with enough venoms for it to be worth a shop owner's time, then sell to them so that eventually one day I could make enough gold to have a shop of my own.
    Unofficial Founder of the Cult of Tiur
    ZailaXenia