Looking for Mentor

Hello! I'm new and I just reached level 31on my character who is an Indorani. But I'm looking for a mentor to show me the ropes, since I'm kind of just aimlessly wandering around right now. I have lots of questions but I really don't want to spam novice chat/city chat, so I'm really searching for someone that wouldn't mind adopting a newbie. Thank you!

I'm willing to roll a new character as well, since I'm kind of sad that my Nazetu thinks she stinks and spams the chat with how awful she smells. :/

Comments

• hey kandara!

race isn't an issue! you should still be able to reincarnate once for free now, and you'll get a further free reincarnation at level 99. i plan to be back in game in about an hour, so i'll be sure to send you a poke. you can also spam me with messages/tells/whatever if you have questions - i don't mind at all!
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
    An Atzob cultist says, "Is a shamatato as tasty as a potato?"
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

KandaraMordion
  • This community isn't like most. We don't roll our eyes at new players with questions, and anyone who does pick on you for being new typically won't last long with the rest of us. Ask away, don't be shy.
    KandaraTekiasStineMjollTeani
  • Vyxsis said:

hey kandara!

race isn't an issue! you should still be able to reincarnate once for free now, and you'll get a further free reincarnation at level 99. i plan to be back in game in about an hour, so i'll be sure to send you a poke. you can also spam me with messages/tells/whatever if you have questions - i don't mind at all!

Okay! Thank you very much, I went ahead and looked up the reincarnate thing but I'm not really understanding the statpack system nor which one I should pick if I just want to quietly grind in a corner?
    Fezzix said:

This community isn't like most. We don't roll our eyes at new players with questions, and anyone who does pick on you for being new typically won't last long with the rest of us. Ask away, don't be shy.

Thank you, I will try to ask more questions but...it makes me nervous because I've been in communities that weren't too friendly towards their new players.
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    Don't ever be afraid to ask questions. Aetolia is probably one of the better MUDs that IRE has and we're all very willing to answer any questions you might have. And if we dont know the answer... We'll point you to someone who does. 

All newbies and novices are welcome without any shadow of a doubt. :) So like Fezzix and Vyxsis have said... Ask away to your hearts content. Nobody will push you away here. :)

Re: statpacks. Youll want one that works with your class. As an indorani, youll want dex and int a little more than STR, iirc. However... If youre unsure... typical is always a good overall failsafe statpack for ANY class. 

• Normal, IMO, for Indorani. 14 int for decay, 13 dex for bonedagger, dumping str which you don't use. Decay will use WP up, I don't think bonedagger is END but I could be wrong, so the WP regen is nice. I used to swear by doing the +main stat one up to 90 then switching to stalwart, but especially if you spec for tank (+con) at 80 instead of +bal (which gives you a %hp/%mp malus) and save +bal for 99 or 100, you'll cruise nicely.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Kandara
  • ImvraImvra Immortal Immortal
    Hello and welcome!

I am really quite proud to say that Aetolia has a strong, newbie-focused community. Players and administration deeply care about retention and newbie experiences, and are constantly looking for ways to make getting involved more accessible and more engaging!

The Newbie channel is always accessible, regardless of your level. Established players find new things to ask, so it is a resource available to everyone. Besides, others may share your question!

Nazetu musk is just part of their charm. At level 50 you will find that becomes a little easier to manage. We can certainly see about lowering how often the stink line appears, however! We do not want you to feel self-conscious.

TiurKandara
  • """"""""""""""""musk"""""""""""""""""""""
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

Leana
  • Imvra said:

Hello and welcome!

I am really quite proud to say that Aetolia has a strong, newbie-focused community. Players and administration deeply care about retention and newbie experiences, and are constantly looking for ways to make getting involved more accessible and more engaging!

The Newbie channel is always accessible, regardless of your level. Established players find new things to ask, so it is a resource available to everyone. Besides, others may share your question!

Nazetu musk is just part of their charm. At level 50 you will find that becomes a little easier to manage. We can certainly see about lowering how often the stink line appears, however! We do not want you to feel self-conscious.

It would happen around four times while I was trying to read the help files, pushing away the text. I um, switched off of Nazetu for the time being.

Thank you everyone for the guidance, it's greatly appreciated.
  • Don't be afraid to spam newbie. trust me. Just a short time ago I was doing that and look at me now... now I'm A SUPER newbie! But srsly, ask. People will answer if they know the answer. The newbie forums here are lonely these days so use them too!

I don't think I'm qualified to be a quality mentor to anyone but if you want advice from a career newbie I can accommodate.
    Unofficial Founder of the Cult of Tiur
    Kandara
  • i hear the indorani gm is a real jerk and ignores everyone, especially newbies...

MjollKandaraLeana
  • Another question, where does everyone gather to rp in Blood loch?
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    Spinesreach.

I kid. But it should be true, we're the most happenin' hoppinen' place in Sapience.
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

Kandara
  • Tekias said:

Spinesreach.

I kid. But it should be true, we're the most happenin' hoppinen' place in Sapience.

Ah I see. I kept walking around to try to find people to interact with but nada. Guess I'll visit um...Spinesreach soon.
  • Another question, sorry for spam.

If I wanted my character to be a scholar/explorer is there anyway to do that or is everything kind of already discovered?
  • Kandara said:

Another question, sorry for spam.

If I wanted my character to be a scholar/explorer is there anyway to do that or is everything kind of already discovered?

Just because things are already explored, doesn't mean there isn't things to discover.
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    The only places people might congregate at in Bloodloch is the West Gate (v1331) or the Crack (v9193). Usually though, people are afk if they are at these places... But sometimes you might get lucky. 

Its pretty bad to say that you really wont find a lot of spontaneous rp opportunities within Bloodloch unless you actually seek someone out for X reason. Otherwise, you might just have to do a bit of exploring of Esterport or Spinesreach to get your rp fix.