Announce post #2872: deWar

<pre>8/5/2018 at 3:26
Tiur, the Gnosis
Everyone
deWar

War's over!

I've disabled missions being generated. Next Howling no more will appear. You can still complete the ones you have for more rep/tokens. We're discussing conversion of that reputation into the proper org version. Org shops will stay open and I'll mention in a changelog when we add more items.

Quests and RP rewards will progress over some time as the factions recover and build, keep an eye on what they're up to.

Big reward time!

The Kobold race is now available, with a beautiful new format in its helpfile! Their mechanics follow:

Default statpack: Adaptive
Level 1: Nightsight
Level 25: Dig
Level 50: Scavenging
Level 75: Tinkering

Scavenging
----------
SCAVENGE <crafted item>
Destroy a crafted item for a small chance of regaining commodities used in its creation. The more decay time left, the better the odds.

Tinkering
---------
Items crafted by the player will have a 10% longer decay time.

A new item for the Ophidian faction shop:

a crystal of Kobold rebirth
---------------------------
When this crystal is in inventory, those level 98 and below will be able to REINCARNATE INTO <statpack> KOBOLD for free.
Those 99+ may CRACK CRYSTAL to change their heritage to Kobold.
They reset, do not decay, but are not bound. You may buy them for one another.

Temptation will be for this to become The Discussion of the war! Feel free to hit the forums, but our realtalk will be via a post mortem thread that I'll post when we're ready. That's where we can talk details, mistakes, victories, etc. Especially ideas for the future.

-T

PS. Honors lines will be on their way.

Penned by my hand on Closday, the 8th of Variach, in the year 475 MA.</pre>
Oonagh

Comments

• *secretly wants to become a cute Kobold as well*
  • TiurTiur Producer
    I did forget to say. Their release adds another language to the game. No tutor yet, but it's there.
  • Gonna roll an alt and name him Dogbert. Or Snoopy.
    Emir
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Are any of the raceskills going to be added to endgame race skills? A lot of the new races ones are super cool and none of them have been added in ages!
    MordionMjollLeanaJami
  • edited August 2018
    I really like that there's a new player race and I'm a fan of the Kobolds. I have been since my days hunting in Azdun. This is the best part of the war so far.

:unamused:

I have the kind of personality that prefers to have nothing over something that's sucky.

Please go ahead and skip the rest of this post as it's not positive or uplifting:

I don't expect answers. I just want to ask these questions because I feel like they need to be asked. This is to make me feel better.

While it'll be weird and uncommon for the Spirit to want to become Kobolds, they are the fan favorite and the Ophidians were considered the swing faction that the Spirit could have sided with in the war.

Why was this Kobold crystal not sold on neutral ground?
    (An Imp could be marketing them as a 'Temporary infiltration costume' not knowing (Or doing it to be mean) that the effects are permanent, for example. Imps would accept -all- currency, because they're Imps and they think they're ripping people off with this trick.)

Does the kobold crystal really cost 100 fancy coins?

Is it impossible(Post-war) to earn more tokens? (You mention there will be more items)

Why not keep the missions going but theme them towards reconstruction? (It was mentioned in the events post)

Is the kobold crystal gated behind an impossible(Post-war) to reach faction rank? (I can't see it)

Will we have a way of earning reputation with the various factions? (I really wanted to get Imp to max Rep)

Will this function(Reincarnate to change heritage) rollout to the other crystal of rebirth artifacts?

The big one: Since the currency required is on the winning side, isn't this just another way to push the Spirit playerbase into the mud?

• You state we can sell these crystals to each other correct and with these crystals are they a one time use?
  • TiurTiur Producer
    One time use, you can give them to someone to use, but they do reset, so it's hard to sell it and have it sit.
  • The coins we have left over are we allowed to sell them too?
  • Will there be more things sold that can be bought with the coins? I have 280 of them and don't want to be Kobold..
    Tybereus
  • TiurTiur Producer
    We have an item or two planned! Are also furiously working on quests for both factions and other such things.

Undecided on further gaining of tokens or rep. I see the argument both ways.
    Mimotesh
  • Is there any plans on lifting the darkie ban on the Mitrine village? I too want to be petty and bash the Mitrine merchant even though the war is over. 

Or at least put a lifer ban on the Ophidian Empire.
    (Web): Toz says, "Emir's Express Evacuation and Existence Eradicator, Every Experience is Explosive - Experience the Entirety of your Existence!"
    IazamatMjollTeani
  • A mechanical benefit for the Mitrine? Shock, horror, confusion. This is new and unexpected. Help.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

IazamatEmirMjoll
  • Wars over and we're still getting teamed.
    (Web): Toz says, "Emir's Express Evacuation and Existence Eradicator, Every Experience is Explosive - Experience the Entirety of your Existence!"
    IazamatMjollXenia
  • We don't even have war aura any more. Not that that's anything new either.

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

you disgust me

IazamatMjoll
  • y'all need to chill. just like... relax. enjoy a rainbow bomb. who can stay mad when everything's colorful and pretty?
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
    An Atzob cultist says, "Is a shamatato as tasty as a potato?"
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

TozAnsidiaSeir
  • Vyxsis said:

y'all need to chill. just like... relax. enjoy a rainbow bomb. who can stay mad when everything's colorful and pretty?

On sale for 2500 a pop at v5388. Screw with people's color triggers, or give Toz PK cause.
    VyxsisTozOonagh
  • Emir said:

Is there any plans on lifting the darkie ban on the Mitrine village? I too want to be petty and bash the Mitrine merchant even though the war is over. 

Or at least put a lifer ban on the Ophidian Empire.

• Yeah we're being unchill by asking people to quit being petty, got it!
    Vyxsis
  • don't make me rainbow bomb you. i bought out fezz's stock. >:3c
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

Toz
  • I want imp goodies for all my imp tokens! Please.  
    Vyxsis
  • I also want Imp goodies. I don't have many tokens so make them cheap.

VyxsisAnsidia
  • i agree with the last two posts, and i'd like to suggest they include some sort of imp's trapping kit.

Ansidia
  • Can we sell our left over coins or is there going to be more things we can buy?
  • Tybereus said:

Can we sell our left over coins or is there going to be more things we can buy?

Org shops will stay open and I'll mention in a changelog when we add more items.
  • Necro!

@Tiur @Razmael

It's been just about a month now and I don't think we've heard much about this. Is there any update on faction shops with items for higher ranks, quests, converting army faction rep to the regular faction rep, etc?

I'm hopeful we get a cool stats thread. How many Mitrine/Ophidian were slain and who killed the most?! Who collected the most sweetgrass/roe? Who died the most often? How many quests were done? Who spent the most time in enemy territory, or in aura?
    TozFezzixIazamatAxiusMordionMimoteshOonaghEmir
  • TiurTiur Producer
    That's a good idea. I'll see if I can make that info a little more readable.
  • I'm betting on Mjoll for most kills.
  • Nobody beats Borscin for time spent in aura.

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

you disgust me

Stine
  • 8/5/2018 at 3:26
    Tiur, the Gnosis
    Everyone
    deWar

War's over!

... our realtalk will be via a post mortem thread that I'll post when we're ready.
    Any ETA on when this will happen?
    Toz says, "Dishonor on you (Mjoll), dishonor on your family (Seirath), dishonor on your cow (Bulrok)"
  • You mentioned something about adding more things to buy with the currency too!
    Stine