Solo-friendly, interesting class.

Hi all. I've had many false starts in muds across the webs, and more forgotten usernames than I can count. However, here's hoping I can stick around for a while here. Maybe I will maybe I won't.

Anyway, I'm interested in playing the game. I started a monk, as I'm concerned about itemization and dislike the whole gear grind that comes along with games. But I think I may prefer the lore/theme of other classes more than I would a monk.

How hard is it to item grind in this game? Are monks more or less susceptible to it?

Best Answers

• Accepted Answer
    Once you learn some quests for gold the "item grind" becomes largely inconsequential. Just pills, elixirs, poultices, and the stuff they go in, which last a while and are fairly cheap. Since all of these are player made you can probably find some decent deals as well, especially if you make friends with crafters!
    Toz says, "Dishonor on you (Mjoll), dishonor on your family (Seirath), dishonor on your cow (Bulrok)"
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Accepted Answer
    We also don't do the traditional item grind. Almost everything is player made and available outright, with decently long times before you have to replace things. No killing mobs hoping for drops or anything. Except gold, but there are other means for that if it's not your thing.
  • Accepted Answer
    Most rich oldbies will just spoil you for the day-to-day stuff, like clothing, armor, and cures. The only grind is getting to level 100+, which isn't required for anything. You get a different race and a unique space in a safe haven (called: Havens) to customize.

Credits are the currency for practically everything shiny: Skills, artifacts of power, and gold. You can purchase them with real world money or using in game gold.

You can also earn credits in other ways in game and via contests. Though! @Tiur Does the artisanal and bardic contest still exist?

• TiurTiur Producer
    Accepted Answer
    No artisanal or bardic right now. We're talking with other IREs about ways to revive it without earlier problems.