Announce post #2871: August Offerings

<pre>8/1/2018 at 0:01
Tiur, the Gnosis
Everyone
August Offerings

Hooray August!

This month we have for you... a 30% credit sale, and the artifact cart makes its return!

Any credits purchased this month will receive a 30% bonus. 40% if you are a member! This is a sale we don't do as often as others, so enjoy.

You will find that www.aetolia.com/credits/ now has our artifact stock up for purchase, including that 30% discount. Or 40% if you have a membership! Special this month; our first section focuses on Consumables.

You will find, among the standard assortments of chocolates, you may also directly purchase fireworks from the past few months! In addition, a new consumable:

a personal protective effigy
----------------------------
This nondecaying effigy sits happily in your inventory looking adorable, until you die. Then, in a burst of flame, it will cease to exist, vanishing instead of your precious experience.

I'll see you all back on this topic with some cart exclusive artifacts come mid-month.
-T

PS Remember to clear your cookie if you can't see the new things. Just give it to Kyna.

Penned by my hand on Gosday, the 8th of Haernos, in the year 474 MA.</pre>
PazradymAxiusMordion

Comments

• AxiusAxius where I am
    out of curiosity, how does the breakdown on the right work?

First it goes "Discount" and lists one amount "with membership" lists another amount, and then it shows two more under "total", which lists as almost twice the amounts mentioned just moments prior.
    Its confusing me, I think.
  • RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal
    The Discount section lists how much you're saving. You save more if you have an active membership so that's the with membership part.

The Total section under that lists how much you'll actually have to pay.

I agree that it's not very intuitive/a little confusing, so I'll bring it up to IRE and see if it can be made a little clearer.
    TiurAxius
  • RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal
    Ok, the text has been changed a little bit to be clearer.
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    thank you!
  • I like that edit idea a lot, actually.
    Toz says, "Dishonor on you (Mjoll), dishonor on your family (Seirath), dishonor on your cow (Bulrok)"
    VyxsisTekiasIsiaLeanaAxiusTeani
  • I generally don't mess with forums.. but.. that edit idea.. SO much that..
    LeanaAxius
  • I do think the current price is a bit steep for the effigy, but this is coming from somebody who will never buy it or comprehend the struggle of our top 10 to 25 on the EXP rankings.

If selling it for gold is unpalatable, I would sell the effigy as a normal artifact that does not decay, but it needs to be charged somehow. I echo the sentiment that single use items of this nature are bit difficult to stomach the cost of.

Love the artifact cart otherwise, though. Always a good promo for people trying to get in to the game that miss their luxuries from other IRE games. :)
  • There is already an artifact that reduces exp loss, having one that negates it will negate them. The price is ridiculous, though. 25 credits for a 1% experience save? Or whatever it is during a city raid? Aren't they already available for war currency at the moment? I think Rhyot is your best customer for this type and if he won't buy, I can't imagine anyone else will.

Artifact sales are what get me to spend credits. I hate buying anything not on sale. I've been hoarding credits for an artifact for months hoping for a sale promo like the diminishing sale last year. The first come best price one. The cart won't work for me. I've a lot of reasons why I don't like it and won't go further than that.

Oonagh
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    I got the impression the arti was mostly targeted at Rhyot
    Oonagh