Announce post #2861: War begins to change

<pre>7/14/2018 at 1:46
Tiur, the Gnosis
Everyone
War begins to change

NEW BYPASS
--------------------------------------
The Mitrine scouts have discovered a new bypass from the East Liruma through to the West Liruma that is all land that can be captured. This offers an alternative route for troops to travel, and lessens the effect of the Ruins chokepoint.

This was originally (and perhaps a little too optimistically) designed as a three-way conflict, so the stranglehold of the Ruins was meant to be offset by the fact there another faction biting at your ankles. It obviously didn't play out that way, so we had to find an alternative solution.

COMMANDER REASSIGNMENT
A big thing we wanted when going into this war was for everybody to be able to get a chance to participate, through missions and by having troops under only their command. While we still think this was a good idea, in practice it made things a struggle for people who couldn't be around during the times of coordinated troop strikes. To that end, we're introducing a way to reassign your troops to a new commander.

ORDER DIVISION COMMANDER <person>
Will allow the specified person to take command of your troops. You can also still command your own troops if needed (and reassign them to a new valid commander).

However, not everybody can take command of extra troops! It's based on your war-faction rank with the division's faction. So at rank 2, you can take one additional troop under your command in addition to your own, and at rank 3 that increases to two, and rank 4 increases to three and so on.

IMP MISCHIEF
Imps are up to mischief, as they do. Every Howling, an Imp Saboteur will bomb one of the faction's troops, killing 5 of a division's soldiers. What side they pick depends on who has the most soldiers fielded. They'll always target a division from that faction with the lowest lives remaining.

TRADE
The Trade Minister (minister only, not aides) can now approach certain tradespeople in each of the warring factions, to organize a trade of commodities.

Trades are based on allowances. Your city gains +1 trade allowance for every 500 missions your city has completed for that faction. This allowance lets you buy up to 10k of a single commodity type. You can purchase less if you want to, but you won't get the remainder back. Better to use up all that 10k!

Most commodities will be traded a 2:1 rate (i.e. you pay 2, get 1), but some of them will be more - and not all commodities are available! Rates/available comms are:

2:1 Rates
Iron, Wood, Coal, Obsidian, Leather, Cloth, Rope.

3:1 Rates
Steel, Gold, Silver, Ash, Ice.

4:1 Rates
Stone

The tradespeople are:
Mitrine - Vyapari Rohivi
Ophidians - Shn'all, a colourful Ophidian merchant

The syntaxes for the Trade Minister are:
CITY TRADE
View your available trade allowances.

CITY TRADE <comm to sell> FOR <amount> <comm to buy>
Trades the comm you want to sell for the comm you want to buy. Must be done at the faction's trade person. e.g. CITY TRADE LEATHER FOR 10000 CLOTH will take 20k leather from your city and give it 10k cloth in return.
The commodities you are selling must be in the commodity warehouse/reserves (i.e. not the quartermaster).

Side note;
We've already done a trade manually with Spinesreach, Enorian and Duiran so those three cities have their first allowance used up.

SHOPS
Those same tradespeople above now have shops available via ASK <person> WARES. Each rank with the faction allows access to more items, and the various ranks gain items as the war progresses. Visit the shops every now and then and see if more things have been added! Note that this is also tied to supplies given to the factions.

Some items require explanation:

Trap Charm - Possessing this will allow you to avoid imp traps entirely. Decays.
Earthshaper Charm - RUB this to be sent straight to the mission board in Rock Bottom. 1 Use.
a smudge of bound flowers - WAVE this to be sent to the mission board of the Mitrine. 1 Use.
personal war effigy - If you die with Hostility aura while holding this, you will not lose experience. 1 Use

Penned by my hand on Gosday, the 25th of Midsummer, in the year 474 MA.</pre>
Kalinaar

Comments

• So, quick question: If I assign someone to comand my troops, do I still get mission credit if they die/capture as normal?
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
    Sarita
  • AloliAloli Between Books
    edited July 2018
    @Tiur
    Thank you for doing this, it is a great help to be able to have someone command your troops when you're not here. However, I was mulling over some ideas and wanted to run one through this public forum for discussions.

War ministers are not exactly getting any kind of special command to help troops or people commanding the troops without micromanagement. I almost fell out of my chair laughing when @Daren just came to follow me and tell me where to go to move my troops.

Would you consider giving War Ministers, and/or their aides, the ability to officially plot plans that include strategies for their city to follow? In a plan they can say our target room is going to be v123 and the paths that can be taken are v1234, v321, etc. and they list rooms in those 'plans'. They should then be able to publish these plans somehow to the whole city and even share them with the other city so that now anyone wishing to move their own troops they would be able to follow this plan/path.

Maybe troops won't be able to march to rooms outside this path!

What do you think?
    Between what is said and not meant, and what is meant and not said, most of love is lost. - Khalil Gibran
  • What does "fielded" mean in regards to the imp bombing? Does it count troops that have captured land or only free to move troops?
    Toz says, "Dishonor on you (Mjoll), dishonor on your family (Seirath), dishonor on your cow (Bulrok)"
  • I was half-expecting Imps to be used as a kind of deus ex machina when one side is at the disadvantage...not sure I like that kind of small balancing to prolong the battle when one side gets the upper hand.

Do they deterministically choose the stronger side or is there a roll involved over there?

But all in all, keep up good work! I like how PvE, PvP and even crafting/economy go hand in hand in this conflict so far.
  • edited July 2018

IMP MISCHIEF
    Imps are up to mischief, as they do. Every Howling, an Imp Saboteur will bomb one of the faction's troops, killing 5 of a division's soldiers. What side they pick depends on who has the most soldiers fielded. They'll always target a division from that faction with the lowest lives remaining.
    I too would like some clarification on how this works. Does "fielded" mean active troops, or does it include troops that have been used to capture? Can the division that is targeted be troops that have been used to capture, or is it only active troops? Is the Imp an NPC that can be killed, or is it just automatically -5 to the division? How does this apply to divisions that have less than 5 that may be targeted?

• RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal
    Kelliara said:

So, quick question: If I assign someone to comand my troops, do I still get mission credit if they die/capture as normal?

Yes.
    Mjoll said:

What does "fielded" mean in regards to the imp bombing? Does it count troops that have captured land or only free to move troops?

Fielded is just any troop, doesn't mean anything special.
    KelliaraKalinaar
  • Thanks @Razmael!
  • Is there an offering item that makes the exterminate mission targets hurt less? If not, why not?
  • EliadonEliadon Somewhere Over the Rainbow
    Iesid said:

Is there an offering item that makes the exterminate mission targets hurt less? If not, why not?

I'm pretty sure this was in part due to people bashing the warchiefs on respawn <_<
  • Eliadon said:
    Is there an offering item that makes the exterminate mission targets hurt less? If not, why not?
    I'm pretty sure this was in part due to people bashing the warchiefs on respawn <_<
    I guess I just don't see why that would dosqualify the possible existence of a consumable item that makes bashing ophidian warriors and mitrine warriors less of a slog. Especially when I need to kill 40 of them. :(
    Iazamat
  • Eliadon said:

Iesid said:

I'm pretty sure this was in part due to people bashing the warchiefs on respawn <_<</p>
    When 10+ people had a quest to kill him and his respawn was ~1 hour...
    (Web): Toz says, "Emir's Express Evacuation and Existence Eradicator, Every Experience is Explosive - Experience the Entirety of your Existence!"
  • I take 3000 damage on one ophidian hit compared to the 1200 I took from Imps.
    The ophidian are stronger and have a lot of patrol units that show up mid fight. I’m not bothered as I can do other things besides attacking them... but they seem way more difficult to kill and kill me 100 percent of the time
  • Oonagh said:

I take 3000 damage on one ophidian hit compared to the 1200 I took from Imps.
    The ophidian are stronger and have a lot of patrol units that show up mid fight. I’m not bothered as I can do other things besides attacking them... but they seem way more difficult to kill and kill me 100 percent of the time

Do you have 0% audit? I just took my Luminary in there with 32% audit and didn't even come close to that number.
    (Web): Toz says, "Emir's Express Evacuation and Existence Eradicator, Every Experience is Explosive - Experience the Entirety of your Existence!"
  • I'll post some concrete numbers tonight when I'm home, but double check you have armor on and all- it removes it when you change class @Oonagh . Prelim reports show Ophs give vomiting and are basically Imp Trooper clones,  Mit give confuse/arm breaks hidden. Also Outriders may impale? I'll get a report when I can and post here!

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Oonagh
  • Thank you @Toz - I dunno they just are pretty hurty, I bashed imps cause I could deal with the damage most the time, if I only had a couple, any more than two and Imps drained my health too much...

The Ophidian blackout might also be an issue that perhaps is messing me up too, but it just seemed to be higher. I miss my imp smite cushions.

• Toz said:

I'll post some concrete numbers tonight when I'm home, but double check you have armor on and all- it removes it when you change class @Oonagh . Prelim reports show Ophs give vomiting and are basically Imp Trooper clones,  Mit give confuse/arm breaks hidden. Also Outriders may impale? I'll get a report when I can and post here!

Can confirm: Mitrine outriders LOVE to impale.
  • EliadonEliadon Somewhere Over the Rainbow
    edited July 2018
    Emir said:

Eliadon said:

Iesid said:

I'm pretty sure this was in part due to people bashing the warchiefs on respawn <_<</p>
    Oh, I was just doing it for fun.

Ophidians hit me in ShamWow for like 1800-2k basically every round, so it does hurt quite a bit.
    EowynOonagh
  • EowynEowyn Somewhere
    Eliadon said:

Emir said:

Eliadon said:

Iesid said:

Oh, I was just doing it for fun.

Ophidians hit me in ShamWow for like 1800-2k basically every round, so it does hurt quite a bit.
    This is about what damage I take per just one, with full defs/orbs/artis. When you have 2+ hitting you at the same time? It's rough. There is one room with straight 8 that will chase and it's hard to split them up. I've started using the vortex shield relic (when I have pieces for it) just to help mitigate the damage so I can survive. :(
  • Napkin numbers:

AUDIT:
    +-- Resistances ------------------------+-- Avoidance -------------------------+
    Cutting | 20% 0% 22% 29% Dodge Chance | 0% 0%
    Blunt | 20% 0% 22% 29% Divert Chance | 0% 0%
    Magic | 15% 0% 0% 15% Divert Block | 0% 0%
    Fire | -14% 0% 0% -14% +-- Miscellaneous ---------------------+
    Cold | 22% 0% 0% 22% Experience Bonus | 40%
    Electric | 12% 0% 0% 12% Crit. Chance | 28.89%
    Poison | 22% 0% 0% 22% Celerity | 2 r/p.5s
    Psychic | 10% 0% 0% 10% Health Drain | 0
    Asphyxiation | 12% 0% 0% 12% Mana Drain | 0
    Spirit | 0% 0% 0% 0% Willpower Drain | 15
    Shadow | 10% 0% 0% 10% Endurance Drain | 15
    +------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

STATS:
    Health: 3596/3596

OPHIDIANS:
    An Ophidian hatchery attendant lets loose a shrill hiss and turns suddenly, slamming his long tail
    into you and sending you sprawling.
    Health Lost: 677, blunt, none
    An Ophidian hatchery attendant opens his mouth wide and latches onto your flesh momentarily before
    pulling away, leaving the laceration burning intensely.
    Health Lost: 555, cutting, none
    You are confused as to the effects of the venom. (loki)
    An Ophidian hatchery attendant lets loose a shrill hiss and turns suddenly, slamming his long tail
    into you and sending you sprawling.
    Health Lost: 846, blunt, none
    An Ophidian hatchery attendant opens his mouth wide and latches onto your flesh momentarily before
    pulling away, leaving the laceration burning intensely.
    Health Lost: 558, cutting, none
    You are confused as to the effects of the venom. (loki)

A dark-painted Ophidian warrior charges at you, colliding with an armoured shoulder that sends you
    reeling.
    Health Lost: 1291, blunt, none
    Lunging forward, a dark-painted Ophidian warrior wraps around you, crushing painfully before
    releasing you.
    Health Lost: 2353, blunt, none

MITRINE:
    Grasping their spear with both hands, a painted Mitrine warrior slams it into your face.
    Health Lost: 1647, cutting, none (confusion or limb break?)
    Grasping their spear with both hands, a painted Mitrine warrior slams it into your face.
    Health Lost: 2042, cutting, none (confusion or limb break?)
    Health Lost: 2553, blunt, none (no affs tracked it killed me)

A Mitrine outrider lunges towards you, their spear piercing your shoulder.
    Health Lost: 1359, blunt, none (mending break)
    A Mitrine outrider throws a javelin at you, piercing into your flesh.
    Health Lost: 2378, cutting, none
    Using their mount's momentum, a Mitrine outrider impales you with their spear.
    Health Lost: 2063, cutting, none (writhe_impaled)
    A Mitrine outrider throws a javelin at you, piercing into your flesh.
    Health Lost: 2394, blunt, none

A prowling Mitrine scout swiftly aims an arrow towards you and it flies into your leg.
    Health Lost: 822, cutting, none
    A prowling Mitrine scout swiftly aims an arrow towards you and it flies into your leg.
    Health Lost: 1334, blunt, none

Looks like Warriors == Warriors, more or less. Scouts == Hatchery but with more damage and no loki. Outrider impale is pure BS but idk what the Terramancers do (maybe blackout?) so hard to say - the number of Ophidians might make things more challenging, I have no idea how the numbers stack up now. Until recently though, we were having to fight Imps or the Warriors in the Ruins because there weren't actually any Mitrine mobs to bash outside of those (which means a 13+ stack could walk in at any moment, of Imps or Mitrine), and that was...not fun. Took about a month to get fixed, so if we've got a few more mobs wandering around in Rock Bottom now making it harder...eh.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Mjoll
  • VyxsisVyxsis Vyxsis
    so uh, what's the deal with the imp saboteur? i *want* to think it's hilarious, but if it's not utterly random, i just can't laugh. why are the mitrine and their supporters getting things handed to them when the ophidians and their supporters have actually put in the work? like, i'd love for everyone to have fun, but if one side plays & does well, they're not gonna have fun when various changes consistently seem to be stacking the deck against them for winning. what's the deal with that?

(inb4 "you're just saying that because you're on the ophidians' side" -- noop, i'm not. been sticking to my rp guns [plus i personally, genuinely dislike them], so vyx has refused to run missions for them. you know the city credits i've missed out on from maintaining her stance?? T_T srsly though, it's very hard for me to escape the perception that the conflict is being rebalanced around one group's tepid participation, not actual fairness.)
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
    An Atzob cultist says, "Is a shamatato as tasty as a potato?"
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

• AxiusAxius where I am
    With the way the war is starting to change, and yet the ingredients to craft rations and bandages and all of that are not going up in quantity, just value. Can we please move the "flour, beef, potato" comms from the war rations from "basecomponents" to "additional compnents"? It'd keep Salt as a base component, which would be necessary for ANY ration really (whether for seasoning in those rare rations that DON'T use it as a preservative, or as a preservative for the purposes of drying..well..EVERYTHING), and would make for some variety, and allow for rations to be made from different ingredients. It stands right now, its kind of pointless to make more ration designs copied from the base one because I'm pretty sure you're still going to need Potatos, Beef, Salt, and Flour for any war rations you make, custom or otherwise. And from a mechanical standpoint, that makes it kind of a waste, because you're just piling extra ingredients into a design that's already stupidly hard to make in current market climate.
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    Its actually not hard to make rations at all. I have personally seen to have assisted in making over 1000 rations over thr course of this event. The stock for rations dogo up in quantity.... Just not by much because people are buying them out to make said rations. 

I dont feel that there's any real need to change the way the rations are made right now. Its balanced and its promoting a gold sink. Lets not "fix" a good thing.