Kalak

Always wanted my very own thread! You may or may not interacted with this Mage yet, but eventually I will find you. Feel free to comment to your heart's content!

Comments

• I like the ever-growing and ever-changing dynamic between Atarah and Kalak. The roleplay here is always different, changing, and intriguing. Keep it up, and as always, thanks for taking the time to rp with me!
    "There is no exquisite beauty without some strangeness in the proportion." - Edgar Allan Poe
  • SibattiSibatti Mamba dur Naya Amidst vibrant flora and trees
    I don't know why, but my headcanon of Kalak is that he's the Spider from GoT. I don't know if that's what you were going for or not, but I can't help it.
  • Sibatti said:

I don't know why, but my headcanon of Kalak is that he's the Spider from GoT. I don't know if that's what you were going for or not, but I can't help it.

Minus smooth face, plus...uh...nevermind.

To be honest, that did not come to my mind initially. But it is an honor that Kalak is compared to Lord Varys!
    MarienaZailaMordion
  • I gotta say, I think even just the IDEA of a reporter in Aetolia is awesome. I'm new, so maybe there used to be someone like that, but it's a very original way to play and I think it's AWESOME! Keep it up!
    (Also I admit I picture Kalak a little bit like an old school nose to the ground reporter)
    Sibatti
  • SigmundSigmund The highest spire in Spinesreach
    edited July 2017
    Kalak was a factor for Sigmund early on during his first day as a Spirean. Almost like a test, Kalak's doings in the Sciomancers was an early stress on Sigmund, and helped him to develop a sense of loyalty to his fellow citizens, regardless of their actions. Never interacted in person, but hopefully that gets rectified one day!
  • Could give a bump, for it has been awhile.
  • AloliAloli Between Books
    I've only recent had the chance to interact more with Kalak and it's novel. You put thought into your RP and I love reading your emotes.

The light hearted banter is hilarious and when I walk into a room and he's already there I immediatly feel "Oh no...what kind of sweet trouble can this random RP get into!?"

You're doing a wonderful job, keep it up!
    Between what is said and not meant, and what is meant and not said, most of love is lost. - Khalil Gibran
    KalakMariena
  • ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    I don't remember why Zaila and Kalak started RPing -he approached her on the street, maybe?-, and I wasn't sure what to expect from it - especially since it was right around the time you were posting a bunch of idea threads and people (I think I posted something to the effect myself after skimming a thread) were pretty much going on a lot about how you needed to accept the game worked one way or another and accusing you of just trying to make the game into your own fantastic idea of what aetolia 'should be' instead of accepting what 'it is'. So, I sort of expected someone who couldn't separate IC/OOC very well, or tried to RP wildly outside mechanics, didn't strategize, was clearly oocly full of himself, was extremely rigid in their RP, a massive special snowflake character - or at least someone who was tremendously impatient. All that potential aside, I haaaaate elitists and you approached her so I went along,

And you blew my expectations out of the water. You've been immensely tolerant of/patient with Zaila's bullshit, clearly know mechanics much better than me, creative in your RP, flexible enough that Kalak seems to have changed/grown somewhat as a character - realistically according to things happening to him and just generally fun to banter with.

tl;dr - I'm glad I wasn't a jerk or a snob and that you are/were willing to put yourself out there ICly, you're great!
    MarienaKalakHaven
  • Been a long while I gave this one a proper bump.
  • I have come to enjoy the interactions between Xenia and Kalak which seems to have developed into a mutual respect that understands it could go south at any time.

He's also interesting; comes across as a bit head strong and unpredictable. I imagine in a heated conflict we'd probably butt heads very strongly but since that has yet to happen it's easy to develop enough empathy for the character that it's hard for me to see it occurring.

I don't interact with you as a player as much -- your forum politics can be mind boggling but all in all you seem fairly even keel and I like this.

KalakHaven