Short Questions

Comments

• SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    Are there any factors (str stat, etc.) besides fishing skill, pole type, and things like the fishing hat that affect things connected to fishing? I've been trying to get bigger fish with the master pole, and after around 50 tries with different combinations of leading (no lead, lead when the fish is at 0%, 50%, etc.) I haven't been able to catch anything. I don't really know if I'm missing something somewhere, or if something else is impacting it entirely.
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    @sarita as a regular fisher? I catch on average about 2 out of every 5 fish I reel in. I also start off leading, because leading after you've reeled for any amount just means you wasted your time. You lose your gained distance from reeling in attempting to exhaust it, and you don't reduce the tension at all. I use the gulleye rod (for lack of having credits to throw at buying the arti rod.. I'd probably say that I'm leery of it anyways, and would at most buy the bucket). My strength is not my focus, so I'd be surprised if it exceeded 15. I'd indicate that yes, the hat has an effect. It's just not noticeable below catching hundreds of fish at a time. I -wanna- say that the average visitation of the fishing hole also would indicate a difference, but I don't have proof, since I only fish in one ocean fishing spot, and I only know maybe three other people who fish there, compared to most of the other spots that are fished out regularly.

The key point really is to have patience, and acknowledge that you're going to ultimately lose more fish than you catch. I can catch above 10k gold worth of fish at my preferred spot after fishing there for maybe an hour and catching somewhere in the range of 50 fish.

It also helps that you are aware the effects of WEATHER on your person as well. There are ways around it, there are also ways around dealing with tenuously annoying wildlife. I'm not gonna share those details publicly though, because I'm kind of an arsehole who likes his toys, and likes not having to struggle against others for his fishing spots.
  • AFAIK the heavier the fish the harder it is to hook it (arti pole hooks heavier fish), and the harder it is to catch it, and the more gold it pays. I think that the intersection of difficulty and price occurs somewhere around the ilmenite rod, though I don't have any numbers to back that up.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Didi
  • Is it possible to change the wearlocation of satchels in the design? Or are they restricted to shoulders? If a way exists, I can't seem to find the syntax.
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Changed wearlocs is a Divine thing. We set the acceptable ones on the base design. You could petition Becue.
  • Thanks!
  • I read Change Wear Crocs...

and I had a very strange moment of ...oh no someone made them in game.
    Vyxsis
  • VyxsisVyxsis Vyxsis
    Oonagh said:

I read Change Wear Crocs...

and I had a very strange moment of ...oh no someone made them in game.

first vapes... now crocs... y'all clearly need the Guiding Hand of Indoron Domination to keep you from falling into a fate far worse than death...
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
    An Atzob cultist says, "Is a shamatato as tasty as a potato?"
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

Oonagh
  • How long does it take for Premium credit packages to go through? I bought a Standard package and it came through instantly, but it's been quite a while now and the Premium package hasn't come through yet.
  • edited June 2018
    From my experience it should be near instantaneous @Mimotesh. The only time I had a hold up was something on my end (I had made a few major purchases that day and my bank went into panic lockdown mode).  Otherwise, from what I have seen any of the options listed on the site have processed within minutes, if not seconds, of my payment clearing.  If you are having some trouble with the credit system though, I believe the preferred method of correction is to contact @Tiur via email. 
    By the divine might of Omei, you are restored to life.
    Omei gives the corpse of a headless cadaver to you.
    Omei offers you a quick wink.

TeaniMimoteshZaila
  • Coming back and never noticed anything like this before...

H:1171 M:1171 E:125% W:110% Bl: 0 XP:18032/45000 [eb lr] --- stats all normal...
    It is now midnight on Falsday, the 11th of Haernos, year 473 of the Midnight Age.
    H:1171 M:1171 E:84% W:64% Bl: 0 XP:18032/45000 [eb lr] --- huh, that was weird...

| Strength : 21(+7) Dexterity : 21(+6) Timeout : 30 minutes |
    | Intelligence : 21(+10) Constitution : 21(+8) Statpack : Athletic |

What happened? D:

• ElliotElliot Australia
    So, long story short, the Orrery is providing a short-lived bonus to your tether when it hits midnight, briefly boosting your stats quite a lot.

You can find out more about the Orrery in the HELP ORRERY file and from your citymates.
    (Totally not just exhausted and making an excuse to give a lazy answer)
  • Elliot said:

So, long story short, the Orrery is providing a short-lived bonus to your tether when it hits midnight, briefly boosting your stats quite a lot.

You can find out more about the Orrery in the HELP ORRERY file and from your citymates.
    (Totally not just exhausted and making an excuse to give a lazy answer)

Neato, thanks. Seems like there've been a crap ton more changes than I realise!

• Can I give away customization certificates for someone else to use?
    And what exactly can I use one for? I have a crystalized arachnid I wanna change, but also a minipet. Would these certificates work on those?
  • AnteheAntehe Immortal
    Customization certificates can not be traded to others, no.

You can use it to customize anything you have an artifact power on, except for weapons/armour. This is a base customization keeping with the same item type.

We are not currently accepting minipet customizations at this time. There is a hiccup with the minipet crucible and protecting customized minipets that needs to be ironed out, as well as clearer guidelines for how much a minipet can change, versus a full pet.
  • Darnit... But can I at least use it on my mount? I have four and really no artifacts to use them on. Also what does the ampoule of blessed oil do?
  • edited June 2018
    The ampoules are an artifact that is supposed to refill with a use of blessed oil every howling.  The oil can be used with the ANOINT command to cause an offered corpse be worth x10 essence to whichever Divinity you chose to offer to.  
    By the divine might of Omei, you are restored to life.
    Omei gives the corpse of a headless cadaver to you.
    Omei offers you a quick wink.

Mimotesh
  • AnteheAntehe Immortal
    Mounts cannot be customized either unfortunately! That crosses into Custom Pet territory.

You can hold onto it though, they're very useful for once you start gaining things. You can use it on a messenger pigeon, or a signet ring/iron coin artifacts, etc.

The ampoule of blessed oil will increase how much corpses are worth when you offer them to a god. You can SEARCHNEWS ANNOUNCE AMPOULE to find the release information.
    Mimotesh
  • Nobody who I really know is around at this time, so I'll just post here and hope it's answered by the time I wake up...

Is 'pre restore' cured alongside afflictions, or is it cured after afflictions?

That is to say... If someone has 50% damage to their head, and the head_damaged affliction... If they applied restoration to head, would they cure just the head_damaged affliction? Or would they cure the affliction, and cure down to 20% head damage?

The help files for cures are a bit confusing regarding it.

• The latter. 
    Mjoll
  • Riannon said:

Nobody who I really know is around at this time, so I'll just post here and hope it's answered by the time I wake up...

Is 'pre restore' cured alongside afflictions, or is it cured after afflictions?

That is to say... If someone has 50% damage to their head, and the head_damaged affliction... If they applied restoration to head, would they cure just the head_damaged affliction? Or would they cure the affliction, and cure down to 20% head damage?

The help files for cures are a bit confusing regarding it.

The afflictions are applied/cured at certain thresholds of limb damage. If you're < the threshold = no affliction. If you're > threshold = affliction. If something takes you over the threshold, you gain one of the afflictions, and likewise if something takes you below it you cure the affliction and the assosciated unpleasantness.
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    Can we get a command for city leaders, city councilmen, War Ministers, and War Aides to be able to see who all is completing missions and how they are doing?

Like a MISSIONS LOOKUP RHYOT and you'd see how many allowances/accepted missions that a citizen has?

• TiurTiur Producer
    Maybe later on. At the moment we're not formally tying cities into the system, as we're leaving leeway for people to lie about who they're helping.
    ZailaRhyotTeaniSarita
  • edited June 2018
    Also it allows people who are not "formally" aligned with cities to take part in the event.

I know most people will not care about that, but in my book it is a positive occurrence.

Perhaps I like to think that the gameworld is much more then four player cities.
  • I've ben looking for a way to determine what rank I am with a function as all I see are the points, what's needed to rank up and a title. A number of people have told me to compare it to my other factions, but the vast majority of my factions are either in extreme negatives or sitting at 0.

Is there some way to determine my rank level or a list I can refer to somewhere that will tell me?

• TiurTiur Producer
    I went ahead and made a change to show that number, @Xenia !
    XeniaZailaTeani
  • Beyond Dun, where can you find orcs and ogres? Preferably not of the “barely smart enough to drool,” variety. But I’ll take what I can get.
  • EowynEowyn Somewhere
    Angroth said:

Beyond Dun, where can you find orcs and ogres? Preferably not of the “barely smart enough to drool,” variety. But I’ll take what I can get.

Enorian has NPCs of both races. I think there are still a few orcs in the Siro's somewhere. Few ogres in Fengard. Think that's about it, really.
    Angroth
  • ImvraImvra Immortal Immortal
    The larger diaspora of Orcs and Ogres has settled in Enorian. This began when the Nazedha first invaded. The populace of Dun fled to their closest major allies, the Beacon, some escaping early on while others escaped Nazedha slavery. More Orcs came to Enorian after Moghedu was relocated, and racial and territorial tensions arose. Smaller populations have scattered elsewhere, leaving room for newcomer origins.

Regarding Orcs, Ogres, and Trolls: Their cognitive functions are just as varied as the rest of the mortal races. Their reputation for being slow is due to the differences in language structure when translating into the common tongue.
    SaritaAngrothKelliara
  • Hopefully this one isn’t approaching to much on cringe, I have a good reason I swear.

Is there a way to drain blood into a vial? I know Bloodborn had phials, but I would swear that a long time ago, you could slit your wrists into a vial or other container, and I can’t quite figure out a syntax.