Mage Revamp Lies. LIES.

Comments

• This is a pretty big deal when you consider this will be the end of a nearly decade long project to create a mercantile branch of skills not connected to class. For the first time ever you have to find an ENCHANTER and not a Mage! For us oldbies, it feels nostalgic.

It may have been asked already, but will we be given the option to swop to enchantment if we already have a mercantile skill? Or will it play out similar to nucures? Swop, keep, refund?

• @Leana It was considered to let people who have trans enchant and trans mercantile to get a free swap.

I want a free swap.

Please, free swap?

• BUMP
    (Web): Toz says, "Emir's Express Evacuation and Existence Eradicator, Every Experience is Explosive - Experience the Entirety of your Existence!"
    Rum
  • ^ same
    Emir
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    CHOO CHOO BUMP TRAIN ROLLING THROUGH
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

EmirOonagh
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Status: Pretty much all skillsets done enough for combat testing. Sorcery/Arcanism both need work in fleshing out, so that they're not just old skills copy-pasted. Once the final skill is done expect about 1-2 months for messages and full battle testing. This is the third iteration of these revamps, and any changes from here will be within existing mage lines so we don't need to throw everything out ever again.

A huge event with big code behind is putting this on sorta-pause (testing still happens, but no large coder time). Mages being off schedule couldn't be allowed to make everything else off schedule too. When the current event gets to a slow point, like say, when everyone's focused on territory capture and existing missions, we'll swap resources back.
    OonaghTeaniEmirAzu
  • RumRum Enorian
    \o/

• Did you guys figure out a satisfactory way of managing Sciomancer's mechanics? (fishing for details, even though it is worded as a 'yes/no' question)

• TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    YES PLZ LET US USE SINGS TO FISH LIKE LAKE DYNAMYTE

Hi.

ArbreVyxsisZailaOonagh
  • VyxsisVyxsis Vyxsis
    Tekias said:

i clicked "LOL" but what i'm trying to convey is more along the lines of "i'm laughing to keep from crying"

please, merciful gods, don't give them stupid explodies again. please.
    please?
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
    An Atzob cultist says, "Is a shamatato as tasty as a potato?"
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

OonaghAxiusZaila
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Vyxsis said:
    i clicked "LOL" but what i'm trying to convey is more along the lines of "i'm laughing to keep from crying" please, merciful gods, toss them some more explodies. Bigger and better explodies. please. please?
    Ftfy. 

Zaila
  • Oh God yes. Bigger explosions please. 
    (Web): Toz says, "Emir's Express Evacuation and Existence Eradicator, Every Experience is Explosive - Experience the Entirety of your Existence!"
    ZailaOonagh
  • VyxsisVyxsis Vyxsis
    i'm already tilted
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

OonaghElliot
  • So I know right now the attention is upon the summer event. But how are we doing on this front?

Perhaps some more teasers, appetizers, AB files etc to sate the hunger would be appreciated!
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    Tekias said:

CHOO CHOO BUMP TRAIN ROLLING THROUGH

Chugga chugga chugga chugga CHOO CHOOOOO

Hi.

• Tiur said:

All of this is lies.

VyxsisTrikal
  • VyxsisVyxsis Vyxsis
    Emir said:

Tiur said:

All of this is lies.

haha joke's on all y'all, there was never a mage revamp

Trikal
  • :frowning:
  • AzuAzu
    edited July 2018
    but notice carefully, He says 'lies' twice. does that mean the claim from that mage revamps lies is a lie? :D you decide, and I'm just merely sending you to a spin zooonnnee.
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    HYPE TRAIN ROLLING IN FOR A REFUEL!

Hi.

• Hype train for what?
  • Emir said:

Hype train for what?

nothing. there's nothing coming. move along, everyone.

Zaila
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin

Hi.

• Tekias said:

Seconded
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    Soon(tm)

Zaila
  • We won the war, they get the revamp. That's what was agreed upon at the start?

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Vyxsis
  • Hyyyyyyype

• Aaaaaaah. We are coming up on ONE YEAR since this thread was created. My jiggly body cannot contain this excitement.
  • Now that I've actually picked up the Sciomancer class, I feel more valid in expressing this opinion:

If magic staves are going to remain a one-handed option, pls god let us have a wand alternative. I love wands so much!! They have always felt a lot more magical to me than staves. Staves are for old wizards who can't walk without a stick! Wands are for wizards in their prime with quick reflexes that haven't developed a nasty case of carpal tunnel syndrome from all those wrist movements.

Even if this isn't presented as an initial option, I would be more than happy for the ability to buy a customisation on the default staff that changes it to a wand pattern.

Please <3:'(
    MjollKoda
  • TiurTiur Producer
    That's certainly something we can consider!

Realtalk: Sorry this is taking so long. We are having huge trouble with the third skillset. While each class has two cool skillsets that work and have been tested, the third is really hard to get useful. Most classes have a utility third, but mages already have so much utility, each thing we make feels lame. We're on it! My wedding has interfered with this a lot, and I apologize.
    Steele
This discussion has been closed.