Sunder

Hey everyone, I've been working on a system I call Sunder since I started. It began as something just for me, but I quickly started sharing it with other templars, and then when we realized how darn powerful the functionality to track and call afflictions in a uniform manner was, suddenly I was adding other classes and now it's grown into something that works pretty much across the board.

I've been happily sharing Sunder with anyone who asks for a while now, regardless of class/faction, but I've been getting a lot more people asking about it or needing help recently, so I wanted to put it out here publicly for anyone and in a place where I can more readily respond to frequent questions and stuff instead of having to repeat instructions and what have you to each individual.

So! Here's a public link to a dropbox folder. There's a sunder.trigger in there, along with several .txt files with the important information like how to install and set up Sunder, how to update, and so on. I'll try to remember to post here when I update! The folder link will remain static, so when I do push an update you'll just go to the same one and download the new sunder.trigger inside it.

Let me know if there's any questions, or if something's broken or unclear! My biggest goal with Sunder is to make it as newbie-friendly as possible, to help lower the entry barrier on PvP and get more people out there playing with us! If there's something in the way of that, or something I could change to do it better, I definitely want to know.

https://dropbox.com/sh/u150icelx5iifq0/AAAspulzmm5Q1T48jAbHZK7Oa?dl=0
NilsVyxsisOonaghTozJalarasKalinaarRhyotKerocElliotLuasAloliZailaKandaraMjoll

Comments

• I think this image was accidentally posted in a different thread. I believe it belongs here!

JalarasKalinaarLeanaZaila
  • VyxsisVyxsis Vyxsis
    Sunder Update for Shadow (aka Sunglasses) coming so... at a time in the near-ish future.
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
    An Atzob cultist says, "Is a shamatato as tasty as a potato?"
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

JalarasKalinaar
  • Thank you for doing this Jory. When you're first getting into Aetolia pvp it's pretty overwhelming just trying to understand the whole affliction system as it is. Add to that the need to learn lua scripting and I'm sure it's enough to turn many people away. I'd throw credits at you but you won't take them. lol >:/
    Noon
  • Yeah no credits please! If you want to help out, you could contribute things like target lists for bashing zones or ideas for improvements or offenses to by put in. Sunder's a communal project, not something I want to profit off of.
  • One thing that I recommended for source would be cool for sunder as well. A little window that shows players in your room. This would be handy for lessers when combat spam keeps you from noticing that mazzion just walked in and is about to wreck your face. :neutral:
    Leana
  • Well, enough of you asked that I finally decided to sit and beat my head against Geyser until it made more sense. I've been working on a GUI for sunder, and wanted to throw out what I have so far to get suggestions from others using the system. Here's a picture, let me know if there's anything you'd like to see, or if you have an idea to make it look nicer/easier to read.

PS the letters in the limb damage boxes (the light gray ones to the left of the aff boxes) have been changed to stick-figure symbols (\ and O and | and stuff).

• Oh also! With the next update, I'll be splitting sunder into multiple different 'modules' so you can pick and choose what you want to install. You'll need the core, but then for example you could take the bashing module and run just the two. The new GUI will of course be in its own module. I'll also keep a 'full' version, though, and I'll point new players to that to reduce confusion/increase ease of installing.
  • Okay! Sunder 1.7 is now available at the link in the original post - the full download, anyway. I'll be adding the partial ones here shortly. I didn't entirely finish making the GUI functional, but still packaged it with the full version, so people can take a look and give me more feedback on what they want there and how they want it to work.

Here's the changelog for this update:

v1.7
    Fixed a bug with handling necromancy shrivel. Sorry :(
    Added some QOL aliases for lumi, like beckon and stuff.
    Added 3p dstab afftracking.
    Fixed an issue with looped target calling if listening to each other.
    Added mindnet and fullsense calls.
    Cleaned up alertness logic.
    Added directional keys.
    Target calling will now also make you pick up/drop monos on movement.
    Fixed a bug with shield swapping for lumi.
    Subjected myself to geyser :( Cleaned up the chat box a lot.
    Sunder now has an actual GUI. Not all of it works yet! COMING SOON (TM).
    Added tracking for monolith sigil in room.
    Added wielding tracking. Still slightly buggy, working on it!
    Added a new utilities folder with some stuff for toxicology.
    Sunder is now packaged in modules, though I'll also maintain a full package.
    NOTE! I'm expecting bugs with this, please try it out and report errors!
    Fixed a bug with tekura bashing. Apparently there was no cobra toggle.
    The ls alias now supports multiple target callers.
    Satomi
  • NewSunder's available for download now, at the same old link. I've also posted sunder-no-gui, which is exactly what you might expect. Here's the changelog for the newest version!

--Corrected a syntax error in absolve for lumis. Thanks Oonagh!
    --Dramatically improved shifter tracking and offense. Thanks Taaroshi!
    --Mjoll linked up the myaff and enemy aff windows. Thanks Mjoll!
    --Fixed up some stuff with a couple of the templar offenses.
    --Added some more 1p sentinel tracking. Thanks Stine!
    --Also woodlore aff tracking. Also from Stine!
    --Added more Carnifex defenses. Thanks Dagun!
    --Added a new alias, 'grp', which lets you set a bashing group. Use grp none to clear it.
    --Improved the 'wielded' tracking window, it's ALMOST always accurate now.
    --Got the toggles windows working on the GUI - it's now officially over halfway functional!
    Mordion
  • Great work Jory! 
    Unofficial Founder of the Cult of Tiur
  • Quick hotfix for anyone who bashes in the shattered vortex - my super high-tech cool stuff broke it. Replace triggers->sunder->core->prompt with this paste to make it work as intended!

https://hastebin.com/olucajodal.lua

This will cause it to properly load the best target list for you based on your level and faction alignment (spirit vs shadow), assuming you set the latter properly in the options (scripts->sunder->core->variables->options, at the bottom).
    LeanaAloli
  • ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    I feel a bit silly that until Stine linked this on another thread, I hadn't bothered to look here... Because I assumed "Sunder" was the name of some PK skill that was being discussed... Thanks! 
    MordionRum
  • Would it be possible to get a Sentaari monk defence profile in there? It looks like it's setup for lumi but not the less righteous of monks.
  • Lumi is the priest-y class, zealot is monk! If you want class-specific defenses added, I just need to know the name, syntax, and effect of the defenses, and what it takes to use it (like does it require balance and equilibrium, but only consume balance, or...). I also need the line from DEF for it.

If you can give me all of those I can put together a monk defense profile.
    Mordion
  • Oops sorry! I get those guys mixed up lol! Okay I'll put together a list and send it to you. Also, you're probably already aware but the aff windows don't seem to be tracking limb breaks for me so I'm assuming they aren't tracking other affs either.
  • I've been having no luck installing Sunder and I'm not sure why. Once I load the package the windows on the left load all squished up and the chat window in the top right cuts into the main window. After loading the package, closing mudlet, and reloading it doesn't change. Anyone have any idea what would cause this? I've tried different mudlet versions, changed my computer's resolution, deleting the profile and made a new one, etc. I'm not sure what else to do.

After loading the package...

After reloading mudlet.....

• I could be wrong but I think that’s just how it looks unless I’m missing something specific. 
  • What resolution are you using? It's probably just not playing nice with your screen size.
    Toz says, "Dishonor on you (Mjoll), dishonor on your family (Seirath), dishonor on your cow (Bulrok)"
    Kalinaar
  • I figured it out finally. Actually, a very patient @Aloli helped me figure it out. Now it looks good but the enemy limb afflictions are not showing. Is there any fix for that? 
    Aloli
  • I don't think he implemented those actually working, yet. Pretty sure I recall reading him say something about that... Has them coded, just not...actually showing...

Kalinaar
  • AloliAloli Between Books
    edited July 2018
    Jory said:

Yeah no credits please! If you want to help out, you could contribute things like target lists for bashing zones or ideas for improvements or offenses to by put in. Sunder's a communal project, not something I want to profit off of.

@Jory - I have a rather large target list for bashing zones, how do you want it?
    Between what is said and not meant, and what is meant and not said, most of love is lost. - Khalil Gibran
    Kalinaar
  • edited July 2018
    Hey @Aloli , I can't really speak for Jory, but I took a glance at Sunder and it looks like the bashing target list are in the following format:
    {area = "Asper", level = "50-60", targets = {"a fearsome icewyrm", "a malevolent spectre", "a failed experiment", "an animated golem of flesh", "a wild bobcat", "a snowshoe hare"}, items = {}},

For reference you can go to Scripts -> Sunder -> Bashing -> table.

Below are two examples on how to add new targets.

If the area exists:
    This is what the Scidve table looks like in the Version of Sunder I downloaded:
    {area = "Scidve", level = "30-45", targets = {"a large gray and black dugger", "a rock devil", "a Drakt guard"}},

Suppose I want to add the following targets: "a fluffy squirrel" and "a diseased banana". To do so, you'll insert it into the list, already provided. See below:
    {area = "Scidve", level = "30-45", targets = {"a large gray and black dugger", "a rock devil", "a Drakt guard" , "a fluffy squirrel", "a diseased banana",}},

If it is a new area:

Suppose I want to add fictional area, "Xenia's Kennels", an area with level for newbies, and targets to kill include: a shark-dog, a mangy warhound, a teeny, weeny dog, a fierce chihuahua, a lazy hound dog. The Area should be formatted in the following style:

{area = "Xenia's Kennels", level = "newbie", targets = {"a shark-dog", "a mangy warhound", "a teeny, weeny dog", "a fierce chihuahua", "a lazy hound dog"}, items = {}},

I'd then insert this into the tables list in the appropriate area, below is an example of how this would work.

{area = "the Valley of Lodi", level = "newbie", targets = {"a cave bat", "a sheep", "a white hen", "a juvenile wildcat", "an adult wildcat"}, items = {}},
    {area = "the Village of Gorshire", level = "newbie", targets = {"a guard pig", "a portly gnome sentry", "a gnome man", "a gnome woman", "a little gnome boy", "a gnome sentry", "a little gnome girl", "a skinny gnome sentry", "a deputy constable", "a lithe weasel", "a large grey goose", "a large gray goose"}, items = {}},

becomes

{area = "the Valley of Lodi", level = "newbie", targets = {"a cave bat", "a sheep", "a white hen", "a juvenile wildcat", "an adult wildcat"}, items = {}},
    {area = "Xenia's Kennels", level = "newbie", targets = {"a shark-dog", "a mangy warhound", "a teeny, weeny dog", "a fierce chihuahua", "a lazy hound dog"}, items = {}},
    {area = "the Village of Gorshire", level = "newbie", targets = {"a guard pig", "a portly gnome sentry", "a gnome man", "a gnome woman", "a little gnome boy", "a gnome sentry", "a little gnome girl", "a skinny gnome sentry", "a deputy constable", "a lithe weasel", "a large grey goose", "a large gray goose"}, items = {}},

Note: In this case the area has no items of interest for quests. if there are items of interest of quests.

Kalinaar
    @xenia thank you! That's great. I'll keep working on updating my version of sunder and I'll share that part here.
    Between what is said and not meant, and what is meant and not said, most of love is lost. - Khalil Gibran
    Kalinaar
  • Hey guys, I downloaded this and tried to run it. Followed all instructions in the read me, set my class as Luminary, added some areas to hunt etc.

Unfortunately, whenever I do aa to bash, nothing happens. I tried it in both the areas I added and in the areas already in the table (endgame areas). See screen. No idea what I'm doing wrong. If I do IH, it doesn't attack even with bashing or fasthunt on. Basically, it doesn't bash at all.

• Nevermind, I figured it out. :)
    edited August 2018
    Edit: I had a question about chat capture and map alignment but I figured it out :)
  • Has anyone had this problem? Whenever I'm looking for foci this (see below) will spam endlessly at a random point until I close mudlet and I haven't found any way to get it to stop. I think it's related to the "need mount" trigger or the "move" script in Sunder but I'm not sure how to fix this. Any help would be very much appreciated.

You already have a mount outside the stables. Use RECALL MOUNT.
    You begin to raise your fingers to your mouth to whistle for your mount before realising it's
    already with you!
    You are already mounted upon an immense plough horse.
    You begin to raise your fingers to your mouth to whistle for your mount before realising it's
    already with you!
    already with you!
    already with you!
    already with you!
  • @Mordion Did you do CONFIG WRAPWIDTH 0 in Aetolia settings?

Ansidia
  • sorry it took so long to respond @Leana. I just checked and yes it looks like I do have it set to 0.
  • Just downloaded this tonight and trying to get the hang of it. Most everything seems to work but I'm not having any luck with the basher. Tried aa tried ff and I'm in an area that is on the table but I walk around and nothing happens. Can anyone help me with this?