Announce post #2850: I'm on a mission from God

<pre>6/11/2018 at 16:48
Tiur, the Gnosis
Everyone
I'm on a mission from God

Summer Event Time!

I'll start with mechanics, for those of you who just skim over this and then ask questions in msg after:

The Aureliana Forest is now Open PK.
The Ophidian Ruins are now Open PK.

Watch your pathfinding!

HELP MISSIONS will have most of the information you need to interact with what's going on. Each faction has a mission board somewhere in their respective village, which are NOT on the list of open-pk areas.

Mitrine: Passing a private stable adorned with four banners.
Ophidians: The southern gate of Rock Bottom.
Imps: A dusty path off the highway. (Vellis!)

Shops have been slapped together in the villages around the boards. Don't blame the citizens for the shoddy state, they weren't prepared for war.

Now then, for those of you who read:

This Summer+ we'll be focusing on the war between the Ophidian Empire, the Mitrine, and the Holy Impire. Most of the combat will be focused in the Aureliana Forest and Ophidian Ruins. Each faction has a mission board somewhere in their respective village. Every howling, you will receive two mission allowances, and the mission boards will randomly create three missions from four categories: PvP, PvE, Crafting, and Gathering. You may have a total of 10 allowances + accepted missions at any given time. That means that you can accept missions whenever, cram doing all 10 over the weekend, and build allowances back up over the next week.

Missions will reward gold and tokens for faction specific shops. These shops, at first, will just have little items and stuff to aide in missions, but keep an eye out for relics and other interesting things as the event gears up.

As to why?

Missions are tracked with a great deal of detail. Completions, who completed them, what was turned in, etc. Roughly every month or so, we will establish which faction is 'winning' and progress the story accordingly. This is very much up to you as players to determine. I know what I would prefer to happen, but that will only occur if no one takes part... and we've gone out of our way to include every playstyle we could. What will the factions do? A lot of that is dependent upon RP. Convince the Pixies to overrun the Imps, w/e, if Imps are ahead at the bell we'll decide the story there. Use the forums if you think your playstyle hasn't been included in the current list of missions, we're happy to make more.

This is just the beginning! I think you'll have a great time with the games and things we introduce as this continues. There are a few mission types that have been held in reserve for storyline sections, as well as sorts of mini-arena games that take place in the Ophidian Ruins that haven't been done before. There's a lot of room for Aetolia to be changed on some large scales here. From geography, to villages, to cities, races, etc. We are also using this as a means to test out all sorts of warlike systems, like terrain capture, NPC warriors, those sorts of things.

That's pretty much it for the OOC explanation. Hit up the forums thread from this announce post if you have questions or ideas.
-T

PS. They're going to break. I tested the heck out of them, but sure, they'll break.

Penned by my hand on Quensday, the 6th of Haernos, in the year 473 MA.</pre>
PazradymTozKelliaraZaila

Comments

• EowynEowyn Somewhere
    I want to ask one clarifying question, since it kind of came up from yesterday's Mage-blowing-up-people situation.

If people come to Mitrine and kill the mobs for the mission, are they PK-able? Or, is it only PK action counting in the areas notated as being open-PK?
  • TiurTiur Producer
    We'll get back to you on that. The goal is to put them in places that are open-pk, so that there's no question. But everything isn't fully in place yet!
    Eowyn
  • AnteheAntehe Immortal

CeraenTiurTedrunai
  • Is there now, or will there be, capacity for coin for unenemying?
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
  • AnteheAntehe Immortal
    edited June 2018
    Yes there will be, although the communities will probably remember acts of great violence or great heroism.

Mitrine currently have a way to unenemy, but it must be discovered.
    Kelliara
  • Antehe said:

Yes there will be, although the communities will probably remember acts of great violence or great heroism.

Mitrine currently have a way to unenemy, but it must be discovered.

Oooh. Nifty.
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
  • edited June 2018
    I realize that the pixie line was probably meant mostly as a satire, or of an extreme example, but dang it if I dont want to go for it now. #PixieUprising #ForestsforFae
    By the divine might of Omei, you are restored to life.
    Omei gives the corpse of a headless cadaver to you.
    Omei offers you a quick wink.

• VyxsisVyxsis Vyxsis
    Tiur said:

We'll get back to you on that. The goal is to put them in places that are open-pk, so that there's no question. But everything isn't fully in place yet!

get back to us faster please. the assumption in the lack of guidance seems to be that, yes, people can do whatever the unicorns they want.
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
    An Atzob cultist says, "Is a shamatato as tasty as a potato?"
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

FezzixMjollTeani
  • VyxsisVyxsis Vyxsis
    Vyxsis said:

Tiur said:

get back to us faster please. the assumption in the lack of guidance seems to be that, yes, people can do whatever the unicorns they want.
    you know what, nevermind. i'm done with this game. bye.
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

ZailaLin
  • Mission #50 - Collect Level 5 Difficultly: *****
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    0/50 completed.

Information:
    Gather 50 needed items from the list, and donate them via the donation box in
    front of the mission board.

Reward:
    6250 gold and 5 tokens

Type:
    Gather

Halp. Wat list.
    StineZaila
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    Mission #47 - Collect Level 2 Difficultly: **
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Not yet accepted.

Information:
    Gather 20 needed items from the list, and donate them via the donation box in
    front of the mission board.

Reward:
    2500 gold and 2 tokens

Type:
    Gather

Agree. Wat list. Halp.
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

StineZaila
  • On the plus side, the Sect mission works just fine!
  • RumRum Enorian
    Fezzix said:

On the plus side, the Sect mission works just fine!

Really? I had to bug it because it wasn't changing from 0/5 completed. :/ I even dueled you and there was no change to it.

• Rum said:

Fezzix said:

Really? I had to bug it because it wasn't changing from 0/5 completed. :/ I even dueled you and there was no change to it.
    Maybe it's bugged to where a loss doesn't count?
    Stine
  • RumRum Enorian
    Fezzix said:

Rum said:

Fezzix said:

Maybe it's bugged to where a loss doesn't count?
    Yeah, I'm figuring it might be that. Atm, I'm just holding off a bit on the more challenges until I have a better idea of what's going on.

• KynaKyna Victoria, Australia
    Hey guys! Hang with us! This is a pretty big release, especially with code due to so many moving, and totally new, pieces. Thank you for your patience and expect some changelogs soon(nottm) as we want to get it right for your optimal experience surrounding the Proxy War! Keep on keeping us in the loop. 
    FezzixStineRumZaila
  • Can confirm, doesn't count sect losses.
  • Really digging the release, though. I don't see how this kind of system wouldn't appeal to anyone who wants to get involved.
    StineKelliaraRumZailaTeani
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    Kyna said:

Hey guys! Hang with us! This is a pretty big release, especially with code due to so many moving, and totally new, pieces. Thank you for your patience and expect some changelogs soon(nottm) as we want to get it right for your optimal experience surrounding the Proxy War! Keep on keeping us in the loop. 

Oh, while I can't speak for others, I can ASSUME they'd say the same as me: We're hanging in there, just letting you know where we find bugs!
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

Rum
  • Tekias said:

Kyna said:

Oh, while I can't speak for others, I can ASSUME they'd say the same as me: We're hanging in there, just letting you know where we find bugs!
    He means screaming when we find bugs. They're pretty icky.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Rum
  • KynaKyna Victoria, Australia
    Like too burnt cookies. Only monsters will eat those. That’s how icky they are. Don’t worry, they’re icky for us, too. 

The boss released a changelog. See how ya’ll go!
    Oonagh
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Also not in that changelog: Forging blanks now works correctly.
  • How do you tell how many tokens you have for a faction? It doesn't show up with the CURRENCY command, they're not in my inventory, or my cache.
    (Web): Toz says, "Emir's Express Evacuation and Existence Eradicator, Every Experience is Explosive - Experience the Entirety of your Existence!"
  • RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal
    It's a little bugged at the moment. I'm working on a fix.
  • Can there be a delay for Hostility aura?

Since there's roaming gank squads, the non-pvp missions seem out of place if non-pvpers can't get to them without being reamed. If it's supposed to be solely for pvpers, there should be more missions around that concept. Like, kill a player in a contested zone, be killed while in the zone, etc.

• VyxsisVyxsis Vyxsis
    um, excuse me sweaty, i'm seeing a lot of entomophobia in here and frankly i'm appalled

bugs are not "icky". you scream because bugs - whether me, or @Trikal, or that ancient (but recently-squashed) Kai Cripple bug - are there to Destroy You. we have neither mercy nor prejudice, just like the faceless and blind god we serve: death.

ElliotOonaghTeaniRum
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    edited June 2018
    [REDTACTED! NOTHING TO SEE HERE]