Liaison Changes - 3/24/2013

SeirSeir Seein' All the ThingsGetting high off your emotion
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ANNOUNCE NEWS #2110
Date: 3/24/2013 at 8:38
To  : Everyone
Subj: Liaison changes - part 2

Animation
============================
 - Wrack instead will now deliver heartflutter and paralysis if the
   opponent has a mangled torso.

Crystalism
 - Lowered vibe tick time on Dissonance to 9 seconds, down from 10.
 - Lowered vibe tick time on Lullaby to 10 seconds, down from 11.
 - Lowered vibe tick time on Adduction to 7 seconds, down from 8.
 - Increased bleeding damage from Crystalforest to 150, up from 50.

Devotion
 - You can now perform a Rite of Prayer at any time of the day/night.
   * Do note that all other requirements still apply, such as you
     can only attend one Rite of Prayer per Aetolian day.
 - Lowered minimum required amount of players for a Rite of Prayer
   to five, down from seven.
 - Peace now additionally delivers the pacifism affliction.

Elemancy
 - Increased Watersprite life span to 20 minutes, up from 10.
 - Lowered willpower cost on Replicate absorb to 100, down from 300.
 - Lowered mana cost on Replicate to 300, down from 500.
 - Replicate will now give you a message letting you know what you
   absorbed.

Enchantment
 - Pestilence ring can now be used if you are fallen.
 - Pestilence ring equilibrium time lowered to 3 seconds, down from 4.

Necromancy
 - Leech equilibrium time reduced to 3 seconds, down from 4.

Numerology
 - Removed the equilibrium loss after Return finishes channeling.

Primality
 - Leafstorm (boosted) no longer knocks off equilibrium.
 - Leafstorm (boosted) bleeding damage increased to 120, up from 50.

Sciomancy
 - Lowered willpower cost on Replicate steal to 100, down from 300.
 - Lowered mana cost on Replicate to 300, down from 500.
 - Replicate will now give you a message letting you know what you
   stole.

Subterfuge
 - Increased endurance cost on Doublestab to 30, up from 10.

Tattoos
 - Increased new Flame tattoo charges to 20, up from 15.
 - Decreased new Shield tattoo charges to 50, down from 75.

Tarot
 - Devil procs now consume 15 endurance from the user.

Warhounds
 - Ululate will no longer hit the warhound owner.

Misceallaneous
 - Reduced Warmth/Miasma/etc damage protection to 5%, down from 10%.
 - Death revival defences can no longer be stacked.
 - Spears and Tridents are now part of the small blades group.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Discuss!

Some pretty interesting changes this time around. I asked Keroc what we can expect from the Miasma/Warmth/Safeguard change as it seemed my audit hadn't changed much. It's about a 3% change which isn't too bad. It's supposed to give non-endgamers the chance to compete alongside some mechanical changes to resists vs armor according to him.

I'm also a pretty strong supporter of no longer stacking death revive abilities. Too powerful, and a one-off resurrection is all it should be. Good changes all in all.
Calipso

Comments

• edited March 2013
    <P> </P>
    <P>Subterfuge<BR>============================<BR>- Increased endurance cost on Doublestab to 30, up from 10.</P>
    <P> </P>
    <P> </P>
    <P>How big an impact is this going to have I wonder, and why change it. Anyone got an idea on this?</P>
    Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    Mastema said:

Subterfuge
    - Increased endurance cost on Doublestab to 30, up from 10.

How big an impact is this going to have I wonder, and why change it. Anyone got an idea on this?

Honestly it wont affect me at all, my Endurance if off the charts, as most every else's should be as well.   I am with you, I dont understand the reason behind this change
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
    And I am totally against the Miasma change just because there are some classes that rely on that extra boost and was barely getting by as is!  If anything they should have this scale with different classes so it gives  more even boost throughout
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

• Weakening Miasma/Warmth/Safeguard/Aegis means that we can, in theory, raise resistances from class abilities since we have to consider endgame as part of balancing.

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Macavity said:
    And I am totally against the Miasma change just because there are some classes that rely on that extra boost and was barely getting by as is!  If anything they should have this scale with different classes so it gives  more even boost throughout
    I'd rather see both the liaisons and people with the various classes submitting reports to fix them. Endgame is already powerful enough as is and I'm glad that it's getting a second look. (Please to remove erase/reconstitute/etc next.)
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Alastair
    If you start to nerf or take away the perks of getting endgame, then what will be the reward to do so in the future??
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Ok after sparring in the arena and after a lengthy fight, I have noticed my Endurance almost running out, not as fast as a Teradrim but nearly as fast.  My question is this, how can one regain Endurance or Willpower when there is no curing like Health/mana has?  How is this balanced when towards the end of an arena fight classes that rely on Endurance or Willpower and cannot gain it back, other than release energy for willpower/endurance, which that in itself is not much at all.

― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

• IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    edited March 2013
    Haven said:
    Macavity said:
    I'd rather see both the liaisons and people with the various classes submitting reports to fix them. Endgame is already powerful enough as is and I'm glad that it's getting a second look. (Please to remove erase/reconstitute/etc next.)
    If they did that, then you'd be bitching about just about any affliction class (Syssin predominantly) being OP. Renew/Erase/Reconstitute is fine, as every class out there right now is balanced behind the use of this skill. If you can't kill someone using your class' layed-out affliction route, then you're doing it wrong. 

Edit: Unless their Affliction route isn't realistically super good: Cabalists, Mages, etc. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
  • edited March 2013
    @Macavity:

9.4.2 CONSTITUTION

Most magical damage is caused by the forces of magical energy simply pounding away at your body in different forms. Constitution will train your body to resist this magical damage.

Once you are transcendent in this skill you will begin to store a portion of this magical damage as energy. You can RELEASE ENERGY FOR ENDURANCE/WILLPOWER to restore lost endurance or willpower respectively.

---

In addition to that, there are the willpower and endurance regen artis, phoenix hearts and bull's eyes, the willpower and endurance shrine powers....the list goes on.

Edit: As for the benefit of getting endgame...the statpacks are more powerful than the normal ones, you still get -some- damage protection, you get 100% complete freedom in defining your character, you can pick almost -any- racial skill and you get natural health and mana regeneration. Those are some impressive benefits.

Alastair
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Illidan said:
    Haven said:
    Macavity said:
    If they did that, then you'd be bitching about just about any affliction class (Syssin predominantly) being OP. Renew/Erase/Reconstitute is fine, as every class out there right now is balanced behind the use of this skill. If you can't kill someone using your class' layed-out affliction route, then you're doing it wrong. 

Edit: Unless their Affliction route isn't realistically super good: Cabalists, Mages, etc. 
    My dislike and complaint of these skills aren't at all related to my combat ability but in that they continually require not some but all classes to get faster and faster and faster in order to meet the new standard they've created. As a whole I would like to see Aetolia's combat system slowed down.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    Slowing down would be fine provided we slowed down everything to a rate that would be the same of where we are now just at a lesser tempo.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Macavity said:
    Ok after sparring in the arena and after a lengthy fight, I have noticed my Endurance almost running out, not as fast as a Teradrim but nearly as fast.  My question is this, how can one regain Endurance or Willpower when there is no curing like Health/mana has?  How is this balanced when towards the end of an arena fight classes that rely on Endurance or Willpower and cannot gain it back, other than release energy for willpower/endurance, which that in itself is not much at all.

You possess the following abilities in Refining:
    Replenish            Consume your residual energy to restore your willpower.
    Invigorate           Consume your residual energy to restore your endurance.

10% restored for each 10% reserves you have.
    @xavin and @moirean oo thanks!  I was not trying to be mean or anything and hope you did not take it as such.  I was just asking an honest question because I have always wondered.  
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

• Not at all. That's actually one of the things that isn't completely obvious.