Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• @Kodaza but people on ignore CAN skill attack and kill you and you them, so knowning the people are around you is a good thing.
    MayhemHunting - Discord Chat - CLANHELP MAY (ingame)

• ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    I had that thought, myself, but since it would in this way disadvantage the person putting the other on ignore it might actually discourage an over-use of ignore that I occasionally see now (being used to get the last word in IC arguments, for example).

Since the idea of ignore is "I have tried to reason with this person and it just isn't working, so I want to have nothing to do with this person ICly or OOCly", letting the person ignoring put themselves at a mechanical disadvantage for sake of truly not having to see the other around their happy-fun-time-entertainment-box activity seems reasonable it to me.
    Kodaza
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    The problem is, and whether or not I agree this is a problem is up for debate, if I have PK cause against @Zaila and insult her some and hurt her piddle feelings, she might needlessly put me on IGNORE and then I can't claim my legitimate cause on her. It would make it very easy for people to circumvent the point of the system and just keep themselves from being PK'd. I think there just is no good solution with IGNORE, so we do what we can with what we have.
  • ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    I'm confused, Kodaza's idea wouldn't do anything to limit this, either. If I put you on ignore, you'd still be able to see me around like usual and PK me without any limitation since IGNORE doesn't save you from PK in any way; the only difference is that I wouldn't be as able to hide from you coming to get me because I wouldn't know you were around to kill me!
  • KodazaKodaza Los Angeles
    Yeah, what Zaila said. Let's say I have Arbre on ignore, and I don't even want to know when Arbre is online -- not in LOOK, not in CWHO, nothin'. This wouldn't stop Arbre from killing me, and if anything would just get me ambushed a lot.

Trying to use IGNORE to circumvent PK would be a misuse of the system regardless, so it'd be reasonable for the people who abuse the system to be punished or otherwise handled by admin.

Given how serious it's taken when people try to circumvent being ignored, it seems that the system is designed as a tool to protect users. So more protection would be a good thing, and that protection shouldn't be withheld from people who need/want it just because it might be abused. Give the intended, correct users their functionality, and deal with the abuse cases when they arise.

• Not interacting will never save anyone from PK. Would it reduce reasons of the other side? Sometimes. But in the end we are playing a game where everything is connected to each other organically by choice & consequence.

But if the person wants to put himself/herself at a disadvantage by not learning about online status of the other person that looks like a nice "optional" thing.
    Zaila
  • Being able to pledge clans to other clans. I call it clanception!

• edited January 2018
    Xenia said:

Being able to pledge clans to other clans. I call it clanception!

Next we'll have umbrella clans, shell clans...

I forsee a sliperry slope.

EDIT: I forgot about the off-Sapience holding clans!
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
    XeniaTozMharduz
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Re-describe omnipotence pills to look like Tide Pods.
    ZailaVyxsis
  • @Tiur I don't suppose it could be a thing for Wayfarers to be able to cobble together their own handaxes using like.. stone and wood. It'd make a terrible axe, compared to anything crafted, but something usable. (Sort of like Soul Cleaver for Carnifex, or Earthen Flail for Teradrim.)

It could also be completely uncustomized, in terms of stat alotment. Just a static like.. 120/90/120 or something.

• edited April 2018
    Currently we have DESIGN LIST ACCESS to look through all the designs we have access to. These are the options currently DESIGN LIST [ACCESS] [GUILD|CITY|HOUSE|ORDER|CLAN [alias]] [[skill]|[item]|[tag]]. Is it possible to add in two more categories there? NAME [person] and also EXPIRED. For some unknown reason when I do DESIGN LIST ACCESS GUILD not all of the Carnifex come up then I have to go through hundreds of designs in DESIGN LIST ACCESS to find the expired ones.

side note: DESIGN LIST EXPIRED only shows designs you have made that are expired not ones aligned to an Org or shared with you.
    Leana
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    DESIGN LIST ACCESS GUILD will show the designs that people have kept but allowed the guild access to. DESIGN LIST GUILD shows all the designs the guild itself owns.
  • Arbre said:

DESIGN LIST ACCESS GUILD will show the designs that people have kept but allowed the guild access to. DESIGN LIST GUILD shows all the designs the guild itself owns.

For whatever known reason, we some designs that are saved to the Carnifex and some to the different Carnifex clans. So being able to DESIGN LIST ACCESS EXPIRED would be beneficial to me.
    Leana
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    RANKINGS XP/EXP should be short for RANKINGS EXPERIENCE

PazradymLeana
  • edited May 2018
    Artifact bonedagger!
    (Or if there's a reason this can't be, maybe an artifact bag of femurs? So I can DRAW BONEDAGGER FROM BAG. I would like to customize my bonedagger though.)

ZailaVyxsis
  • VyxsisVyxsis Vyxsis
    Leana said:

Artifact bonedagger!
    (Or if there's a reason this can't be, maybe an artifact bag of femurs? So I can DRAW BONEDAGGER FROM BAG. I would like to customize my bonedagger though.)

i am curious why bonedaggers aren't among the things that can be made permanent & customized similar to mage staff, shaman quarterstaff, archivist codex/token, etc. the bonedagger appears to technically be coded as a weapon with stats, but its stats are 0/0/0 and have no relationship to damage or any other uses. so, if what @Leana's asking for isn't possible, could we maybe have a short explanation why? i find it confusing XD thanks
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
    An Atzob cultist says, "Is a shamatato as tasty as a potato?"
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

• TiurTiur Producer
    My initial guess is that, while the bonedagger itself is an item, its messages are hard coded and without expansions. That means a custom one wouldn't do anything. We'd need to spiff up all the code in the skillset.. which even the Celani I whip SPECIFICALLY for horrible tasks like that won't do. Maybe someday
  • Tiur said:

My initial guess is that, while the bonedagger itself is an item, its messages are hard coded and without expansions. That means a custom one wouldn't do anything. We'd need to spiff up all the code in the skillset.. which even the Celani I whip SPECIFICALLY for horrible tasks like that won't do. Maybe someday

I'd still buy one if it didn't show up in the messages when used. I just want it to be custom when held and never decay. :)

• edited May 2018
    On the subject of customized things, it'd be swell if vampires could customize their feed messages and/or undead minions.

Edit: Speaking of undead minions, I'd likely spring to buy an artifact one that has max stats (or close to) with the ability to mutate it every 30 minutes if it meant I didn't have to go kill a mobile to make it. Would solve the customization issue, too.
  • VyxsisVyxsis Vyxsis
    Tiur said:

maybe ask the celani who gave me a custom, permanent bonedagger how they did it :p
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

Leana
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    Wtb Relic Info (relicpower) sort like AP INFO does!

Also. Would love to be able to describe what I smell like when stinly as a Nazetu or Arqeshi over the cap of level 50. If shedding is supposed to surpress the stinky affliction, but doesn't, I'd like to be able to denote without the use of perfume or cologne, that my xenobleb self smells like spiced fruit without hoping people look at his description
  • You know what would be truly great!?! When you are in the stock room of a shop and look at an item, there is another column added with base price so you do not have to figure it out with percentages if you have a discount.
    Leana
  • Idea #1231 Section: unassigned Support: 4
    2018/06/22 21:20:29: Create a new command like RELIC INFO , that shows what the Relic does.
    There are so many relics on HELP RELIC ITEMS that it takes a cool minute to find whatever piece
    you're looking for to see what it does.
    (Web): Toz says, "Emir's Express Evacuation and Existence Eradicator, Every Experience is Explosive - Experience the Entirety of your Existence!"
    PazradymTozSatomiZailaMordionTrikal
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    shorten equipment lifespan but only have it tic on in game time (logged out does not decay)
    XeniaVyxsisTeani
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    I like the OUTFIT system. Its helpful. Can I request one teensy thing? can we get an OUTFIT UPDATE function that basically means we don't have to delete and re-memorize an outfit if we want to only slightly alter it? Or adjust it?
  • HEY! Instead of shrubbing, why not get creative with Divine punishment? Disable certain artifacts (like custom wings) for a set amount of time, make Delve guards attack on sight, give an offender a hostility aura that doesn't fade until you say it fades...
    EmirTekiasKandaraVyxsisRhyotZailaLinTeaniMjoll
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Fezzix said:

HEY! Instead of shrubbing, why not get creative with Divine punishment? Disable certain artifacts (like custom wings) for a set amount of time, make Delve guards attack on sight, give an offender a hostility aura that doesn't fade until you say it fades...

You haven't been in the Pools, so I can forgive your having no understanding or appreciation of the world-ending, apocalyptic, Jeremy Saunders e-mailing fit people would throw if the Admin disabled player's artifacts.
    TragerXavin
  • Lin said:

Fezzix said:

HEY! Instead of shrubbing, why not get creative with Divine punishment? Disable certain artifacts (like custom wings) for a set amount of time, make Delve guards attack on sight, give an offender a hostility aura that doesn't fade until you say it fades...

You haven't been in the Pools, so I can forgive your having no understanding or appreciation of the world-ending, apocalyptic, Jeremy Saunders e-mailing fit people would throw if the Admin disabled player's artifacts.
    ok but wait... who are you again?

MjollFezzix
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    @Lin, shrubbing sort of disables everything though, so only disabling hideouts and quick escapes would be an upgrade.

There used to be a lot of different kinds of punishments. Take Maggot, for example. Maggots shouldn't be able to fly in any way, and are fun to stomp.

• TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    Vyxsis said:

Lin said:

Fezzix said:

ok but wait... who are you again?
    Someone who's absolutely correct.

Anyway, I say go for it. There should definitely be a Celani devoted solely to inventing creative ways to punish offenders. Fuck it, I say go put a paid onto it. The content/storyline/quests/RP can totally be set aside for a completely pointless assignment like that one.

tl;dr: If you're an idiot, you get shrubbed. I imagine, in most cases, shrubbing serves as a pretty great deterrent to more offenses. Why fix what isn't broken.
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

KodaXavin