Announce post #2840: May 2018 Promotion

<pre>5/2/2018 at 0:05
Tiur, the Gnosis
Everyone
May 2018 Promotion

Promotion time!

For May's promotion we have two rewards for credits, rolled into one tiered credit sale!

Every 100 credits you will receive a reward, each tier growing in amazingness. Some tiers have racetrack tickets, which are used to gamble on the Esterport racetrack for credit prizes, and other tiers have all sorts of fun things! In the interest of keeping things a little more readable I'll put the list now and the new things can be seen in HELP TERRARIUMS, but I'll also put that information after the list. And remember HELP PROMORACETRACK to to learn about those ractrack tickets.

Credits Prize
100 8x chocolates of various types
200 5x Racetrack Tickets
300 A simple terrarium
400 5x elemental globes
500 A simple terrarium + a terrarium toolkit
600 10x Racetrack Tickets
700 5x random Compendium Pages
800 3x Technique Scrolls (Friendly, Crafters, Defensive)
900 A simple terrarium + a terrarium toolkit
1000 A prayer mat (that's right, it's back! HELP SPECIAL ARTIFACTS)
1100 5x random Compendium Pages
1200 15x Racetrack Tickets
1300 5x giftbags (of the colored variety! GIFTBAG verb)
1400 3x Technique Scrolls (Friendly, Crafters, Lazy)
1500 2x simple terrarium
1600 15x Racetrack Tickets
1700 A customization certificate
1800 2x simple terrariums, 2x terrarium toolkits
1900 5x giftbags
2000 A venantium amulet of protection (divine_protection)
After this, it will wrap around!

Currently you can receive a toolkit for a sky terrarium. Others will be coming soon! We'll even maybe take recommendations for terrarium types in the forum thread Postbot makes.

Divine_protection
-----------------
If not worn with armour, this will increase your blunt and cutting protection equivalent to 30/30 armour. Otherwise when worn with armour it will provide an increase equivalent to 15/15 armour.

You'll note that HELP TERRARIUMS includes what the chests each hold, and how a terrarium can hold 1-2 chests, ranging in value from 15 to 30cr a chest. I'll save you the math, of course and just be blunt: The challenges are set so you can buy one and run a terrible pet through it, getting about 30cr in value per terrarium. If you're willing to gamble and have a great pet that you will risk on that 57% Level 3 Challenge, you have an EV of 40cr.

So we'll try something new! I don't want to put gambling behind gambling. Both chests PROMO TRADEIN for their expected value. Win a chest, don't want to bother, just trade it in! Also, the prayer mat and will have a tradein value as well.

Of course, terrariums are awesome to keep around. So maybe don't challenge them.

Penned by my hand on Gosday, the 12th of Severin, in the year 473 MA.</pre>

Comments

• VyxsisVyxsis Vyxsis
    so just to be clear...

1) your pet dying in a terrarium challenge... destroys the pet entirely/permanently?
    2) minimum credit purchase to obtain a terrarium is 300 credits?
    2.1) any other ways to get a terrarium?

thanks! they look interesting. i'm hopeful i can get my hands on a couple.
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
    An Atzob cultist says, "Is a shamatato as tasty as a potato?"
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

• TiurTiur Producer
    1. My office now has a graveyard. Testing was.. unkind.
    2. Yep!
    2.1 Not yet. Maybe in future promotions. Crazy little things are nigh-permanent buff givers, so not for normal sale.
  • RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal
    To clarify the minimum purchase, you just need to purchase 300cr throughout the month. So you can buy 100cr, the 200cr later and you'll get the 300cr reward.
  • VyxsisVyxsis Vyxsis
    kk thanks for clarifying. hope it's a success!
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
    An Atzob cultist says, "Is a shamatato as tasty as a potato?"
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

• edited May 2018
    Good Luck on the new promo admins and hope it brings in lots and lots of dollars to you.

Are there third person messages so if someone gets a terrarium I can watch them use it?
    I dont think I will have the means to participate in this promo due to OOC cost but i would love to watch from the sidelines if given the opportunity?
  • TiurTiur Producer
    They have third person messages! And they don't care who owns them when giving buffs.
    Oonagh
  • Will Terrariums be sale-able like minipets?
  • I think I'd be more likely to buy if chocs weren't the 100cr prize. Dropping $40 for the chance to read 8 decay messages in like 15 days feels like a punishment more than a reward, to me. 

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

AishiaZailaXeniaOonaghLeanaTybereus
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Terrariums need loyalty, so they're stuck to you. Toolkits do not.
    Leana
  • How much is the value on toolkits?

• Also can I sell toolkits to another player?
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Toolkits don't trade in, they just exist. But they are tradeable and don't require loyalty or anything.
  • Soooo.... confusion.

Having gotten my hands on both a terrarium and one of the sky toolkits, and upon using said toolkit, I ended up with something called a "Ravine Terrarium". I am curious now as I was expecting something along the lines of "Sky Terrarium". Are there in fact several additional types you can get from the toolkits? Or is that the default name for the sky version? Because the HELP TERRARIUM "Types of available terrariums" doesn't mention anything beyond the Normal/Sky/Desert tag.

Regardless it is very cool. I like these a lot. (and will be sparing my pets from their dreadful course for now in order to enjoy them longer)
    By the divine might of Omei, you are restored to life.
    Omei gives the corpse of a headless cadaver to you.
    Omei offers you a quick wink.

• Apologies for the double post, but for those interested:

a ravine terrarium

A miniature river cuts through the middle of the environment this terrarium
    houses. Rising towards the top of the crystalline enclosure, on either side of
    the body of water at its core, are giant, rocky clusters that represent
    mountains. The overall image created is a ravine with precarious ledges,
    crevices and caves. In the sky portion of the environment, air and water have
    been manipulated to create fluffy clouds that seem perpetually frozen in time,
    unmoving. The mountains that fill the majority of the terrarium each sport
    different clusters of trees or bushes, and around them is a carpet of moss that
    lends a verdant air to the scenery. Finally, beneath the ravine and even the
    tiny river is a layer of caverns that appear to have tunnels lit by the smallest
    glow worms.
    It weighs 5 ounce(s).

a simple terrarium

Encased within a glass, egg-shaped shell is this simple terrarium. The
    environment within it seems rather simple and it is comprised of three layers.
    The bottom layer is a rich soil that exudes a deep, earthen fragrance and close
    inspection reveals tiny worms wriggling through the earth. Above that is a layer
    of entangled roots that originate from the tiny trees that dot the top layer. A
    keen eye reveals tunnels between the roots, the living mess seemingly akin to an
    obstacle course. Finally, the top layer is a serene clearing, the mossy grass
    swaying in a breeze that doesn't leave the enclosed environment. Finally, the
    faint sound of rustling leaves lifts from the circular opening in the terrarium
    as the miniature trees sway in that same, gentle flow of air.
    It weighs 5 ounce(s).

• AnteheAntehe Immortal
    The ravine terrarium is the sky terrarium. Sssh, don't make it weird. Just go with it.
    Pazradym
  • Totally fine going with it, and thank you for confirming! Was just confused, which is nothing new for me :P

• TiurTiur Producer
    I admit fault. I insisted on calling it sky over and over, the wonderful creator knew better. But it's too late, it's enshrined in code and I don't want to fix it.
    PazradymMordion