Announce post #2842: Weapons in PvE (and partly PvP)

<pre>5/3/2018 at 10:12
Keroc, the Starborn
Everyone
Weapons in PvE (and partly PvP)

Hey folks,

I've removed the speed and penetration penalty from weapon attacks if your weapon skillrank isn't Transcendent to make PvE calculations a little more simple as we go over things. As a result, two things now happen. One is that weapon PvE damage are now subject to the same damage degradation as all other PvE skills (based on your skillset, soon to be level) and PvP damage now incurs a 20% scaling loss instead of a 12% loss based on your skill level.

I'll keep an eye on things and make a change here or there if things don't turn out the way I expect. Weapons are just horridly complex, so I can't be certain!

Lastly, I've added a new skill to Corpus called Gash. This more or less replicates a basic weapon attack (with a small bonus), so we can make sure its scaling is attached to the class instead of Weaponry. As a result, I've removed the Sanguis Thirst Weaponry bonus for now.

Enjoy!

Penned by my hand on Falsday, the 21st of Severin, in the year 473 MA.</pre>

Comments

• @Keroc can you clarify what changes we should see/should be looking out for? Stats mattering more/less, attacks diff speeds, etc?

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Kalinaar
  • Was this change suppose to reduce our dps for pve when we are trans? Cause my pve damage went down by 200 with this, after already being reduced from the first pve balancing a couple days ago.
  • KerocKeroc A small cupboardAdministrator, Immortal
    edited May 2018
    If you're not Trans, then you should find that deal less damage to make up for the fact that speed/penetration is no longer penalised. If you are Trans then nothing should have changed. That's the short version.
  • edited May 2018
    aww gash can't be used to replace Frenzy. I suppose I can live with that :P

I suppose my only question is whether Gash can have in-line venoming.

• KerocKeroc A small cupboardAdministrator, Immortal
    It supports it!