So, Questing.

13»

Comments

• Mosu said:

If that is the case, was that the main reason the admins prevented listing quest details on forums.

Perhaps, but I don't believe so. I think it was to force us to interact face to face in the game.

i don't work for IRE or anything, but i'm reasonably certain it's an IP thing. part of this may be that because the game is text-based, discussion of game content can blur the line between being just that (i.e. discussion *of* game content) and being a reproduction/replacement of game content. the policy seems to be in place for all IRE game forums, though, which definitely suggests to me that it's a higher-level decision than our admins, past or present, can change.
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
    An Atzob cultist says, "Is a shamatato as tasty as a potato?"
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

• Vyxsis said:

Mosu said:

If that is the case, was that the main reason the admins prevented listing quest details on forums.

Perhaps, but I don't believe so. I think it was to force us to interact face to face in the game.

i don't work for IRE or anything, but i'm reasonably certain it's an IP thing. part of this may be that because the game is text-based, discussion of game content can blur the line between being just that (i.e. discussion *of* game content) and being a reproduction/replacement of game content. the policy seems to be in place for all IRE game forums, though, which definitely suggests to me that it's a higher-level decision than our admins, past or present, can change.
    Logs aren't prohibited, fight, rp, or just casually playing the game.

That would be way more likely to serve as a direct reproduction / replacement in my eyes. But we have actual sections for those...
  • Mosu said:

Vyxsis said:

Mosu said:

Logs aren't prohibited, fight, rp, or just casually playing the game.

That would be way more likely to serve as a direct reproduction / replacement in my eyes. But we have actual sections for those...
    maybe. this discussion is a digression, though. we've received direct encouragement from the current team to put some of these things in place within the game. regardless of what the forum rules may be, or what purpose they're intended to serve, it seems clear that the present administration doesn't see in-game orghelps or reference books as against the rules. arguing whether that's in the spirit of past administrations' rules (or the forum's rules) strikes me as both off-topic and pointless.
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
    An Atzob cultist says, "Is a shamatato as tasty as a potato?"
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

Leana
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    I'd prefer if the IC scrolls have general directions of an area and who to speak to for potential work, and then a name or two if active players to contact if one runs into issues (gets stuck when trying to figure things out). That way there are no full instructions available, people have to try to learn a few things or interact to get help. It's more in line of that notice board for potential jobs, than an outright cheat sheet. It's the latter that bugs me. 

• As a new guy who sucks at figuring out aetolias quest commands and is always broke, any help at all at this point would be great. When you're "that guy" even being given directions to a profitable area and hints would be welcome.

From a practical standpoint, ibrary items tend to never get updated. City scrolls have more eyes on them regularly and would make more sense. Just my opinion. 
    ZailaOonagh
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Yeah I mean I feel like it's just better to go for transparency it's not like there was anything stopping anyone from telling a friend every single quest if anything it makes it more fair and balanced and even possibly more avenues for interaction if there is more competition for the objectives.
    Kalinaar said:

As a new guy who sucks at figuring out aetolias quest commands and is always broke, any help at all at this point would be great. When you're "that guy" even being given directions to a profitable area and hints would be welcome.

As I said, directions to profitable areas, no problem. Every single step along the way through the quest, on the other hand, that's what I take issue with. Most mobs respond to a simple GREET and so long as they are in the Quest system, you get hints. And with my suggestion, with names of players to ask for tips in the CHELP scroll, you can ask for help when you happen to get stuck, or you can keep trying to solve it on your own.

• Been trying to solve quests myself. Some of them reply to greet. Sometimes you have to greet them a trillion times (looking at you Fengard), and sometimes they don't tell you that the quest is "done" because you don't get anything for it other than a line indicating that stage is done, and no clue provided for the next step (looking at you, Augerweald). 

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Zaila
    Easy enough to BUG those to make sure it's somewhat clear.