Artifact ideas

Comments

• I go against this idea despite knowing that such an advantage would make me more self-reliant. I would need no real reason to visit a shop when all my curatives are created by myself with a rotation schedule. For example if I was able to switch between Apothecary and Herbalism...and I own a shop or have means of storing ingredients/products...it shall be trivial after awhile to build a cache over time.

Furthermore this causes overlapping and devalues the Mercantile skillsets for those who cannot afford the artifact itself. Those who own it, will no longer need the throughput of such players as much as before. The prices will plummet towards the ground in the long run when dormant times hit the game and production continues to happen.

But of course such an artifact would bring revenues for IRE. I never doubt that. I am more concerned about the economical dynamics of the ingame economy.
    TrikalXeniaZaila
  • As a humble frog, I suggest.

Kyna's endless jar of cookies - 400 credits

Within this jar you can pull out a cookie once per aetolian day which will fully satiate you and give the sated defense. Has like four different type of cookies in it, I would say design them after girl scout cookies and just hope you get a thin mint.

But...it would be super neat and help maybe novices out, people could hand them cookies if they so choose, and its not super game breaking, maybe the price point is too high...but COOKIES, I figured why not.

I know @Kyna will agree

VyxsisSessizlikLeana
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Every cookie would have come to with a chance that Kyna notices you have Her jar, so She shows up and kills you...
    XeniaRhyotAlathesiaOonaghLeana
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    3 versions. 100cr, 250cr, 800cr. Level 1 has a 50/50 channce. Level 2 is 75/25 at successful sneak. Level 3 is 100% chance at successful sneak. Fair?
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    edited March 2018
    The Merchant's Logbook already exists, though as a promo, extremely expensive artifact. The lesser version could still be priced very high as a kind of balance, and since all mercantile goods are needed, but few opt for the less profitable ones, I doubt it would be game-breaking.

Perhaps put a block on it to prevent certain combinations, like herbalist/apothecary and apothecary/enchanter,  as it would remove the need for cooperation and interaction in order to fulfill all needs. 

Edit to add my support for the cookie jar. 

• ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    edited March 2018
    There being two or three of a very powerful artifact like that isn't a huge deal to the IC economy, but if anyone with some cash to burn or a large saved up credit cache could grab one would very different effect.

If it had enough checks on it - not being able to combine certain skills, and only getting to switch between two, etc. might help it work without so detrimental an effect 
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    I feel like it's the sort of thing that obviously people want but probably shouldn't have.
    ZailaOofaXenia
  • TiurTiur Producer
    I don't think I'm willing to do it, for now. The Merchant's Logbook is annoying enough. We actually track how many are in game, and only offer them in an auction if one has been 'removed' from the system. Thet net number never increases.

A lesser version could have all sorts of caveats, but give it a year or two and it'd be like we upped the number of Merchant versions.
    RhyotOonaghZaila
  • Tiur said:

Every cookie would have come to with a chance that Kyna notices you have Her jar, so She shows up and kills you...

I would be willing to take that gamble, or just have it give some kind of effect where like...

"An image of Kyna shows up before you as your hand tries to retrieve a cookie from the jar, as you are about to pull it free, the image waggles its finger at you and eats the cookie right in front of you, Kyna noticed you stealing one of her treats today and was displeased, better luck next time."
    TekiasKyna
  • Oonagh said:

Tiur said:

I would be willing to take that gamble, or just have it give some kind of effect where like...

"An image of Kyna shows up before you as your hand tries to retrieve a cookie from the jar, as you are about to pull it free, the image waggles its finger at you and eats the cookie right in front of you, Kyna noticed you stealing one of her treats today and was displeased, better luck next time."
    The chances of being outrighted killed by Kyna increases every time She catches you with your hand in Her cookie jar. The first few times you might get the finger wag (unless you're unlucky), but keeping trying your luck and BOOM. Or worse...you end up in the jar yourself.

I mean...where do you think all those cookies come from?
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
    KynaOonaghTeani
  • ElliotElliot Australia
    As someone who has both been turned into a cookie by @Kyna (and promptly eaten), and as someone who has eaten someone else who got turned into a cookie by her, I can only say: Worth it.
    OonaghKyna
  • Venantium sickle - double what you can harvest from plants.
    Toz says, "Dishonor on you (Mjoll), dishonor on your family (Seirath), dishonor on your cow (Bulrok)"
    @Mjoll check out the gardening gloves. 

• Custom style scrolls? Maybe make it a fairly rare relic, since there might be some overhead in creating the thing.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

ElliotVyxsis
  • RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal
    Toz said:

Custom style scrolls? Maybe make it a fairly rare relic, since there might be some overhead in creating the thing.

From HELP GIFTBAGS, though it's currently a retired item:

A personalized technique scroll
    -------------------------------
    This super rare prize allows you to create your own style scroll! Create
    messages for as many of the class/skills listed in HELP STYLES as you want,
    but only one per class/skill! Messages are subject to approval. You will have
    access to all the messages, and can create scroll items to give to your friends
    for 25cr per scroll!
    ZailaTozLeana
  • Teani said:

@Mjoll check out the gardening gloves. 

If this doubles the amount of herbs picked from plants the artifact's description needs to be updated! :D
    Toz says, "Dishonor on you (Mjoll), dishonor on your family (Seirath), dishonor on your cow (Bulrok)"
    For every level up, the amount increases, yes. Not sure it doubles on the first level though. 

• give us the Scepter of Duality Friendly Style! we want to shoot rainbows with our pew pew sticks! #OccupyStyleScrolls
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
    An Atzob cultist says, "Is a shamatato as tasty as a potato?"
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

• A consumable that allows two objects of clothing with the same base keyword to combine, allowing you to PULL THREAD <item> to swop between their description, appearance, dropped, etc. It would only work once(only two items can ever be combined), can't be undone, and resets decay to a set time, probably 100 weeks to be withw the investment. Would also be a nice sticking/giftbag/chest item. 

I would like a hat that is also another had.

• Item: a blindfold embroidered with venantium thread
    Power: transfix_evasion

This artifact power can be added to other items.
    This artifact power must be worn to work.

Lets you avoid the writhe_transfix affliction.
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
    An Atzob cultist says, "Is a shamatato as tasty as a potato?"
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

LeanaOonaghRhyotAishiaAlathesiaKalak
  • Item: a golden rock crusher or a lucky golden nugget
    Power: grants you a better chance at finding gold ink when harvesting rocks.

10% better chance for 150 credits
    20% better chance for 250 credits
    35% better chance for 500 credits

This item only needs to be in your inventory for it to work. Will only work for the owner.

I would so buy this, I -hate- harvesting for inks when you find 200 rocks and only ten of those are gold.
    ZailaAxiusTeani
  • edited May 2018
    Vyxsis said:

Item: a blindfold embroidered with venantium thread
    Power: transfix_evasion

This artifact power can be added to other items.
    This artifact power must be worn to work.

Lets you avoid the writhe_transfix affliction.

I really can fathom the annoyance at transfix and well any writhe-kind affliction. But are we sure that we want to go down that way?

If so, I would like Anti-Paralysis Gloves, Necklace of Venom Lock Blocker, Instant Adder Removal Rune, Adamantium Skeleton along Animal/Demon Repellent Mask.
    Zaila
  • ElliotElliot Australia
    An artifact that allows people to avoid writhe times (web boots) already exists, though, which I think is one of the reasons why transfix evasion is being suggested.

Personally, I'd like a dice artifact. I know that simple dice exist as a woodcraft item IG, but having a dice bag or something that lets you roll any dice you like would be good for some games. Like you could ROLLDICE 1D20 or ROLLDICE 5D6, et cetera.

(This would totally be used to circumvent paying for farkle every time you want to play.)
    ZailaXenia
  • edited May 2018
    Elliot said:

An artifact that allows people to avoid writhe times (web boots) already exists, though, which I think is one of the reasons why transfix evasion is being suggested.

Indeed it exists. But it is as shameful as Equilibrium Crown in my opinion. What I tried to convey was that instead of suggesting removal of troublesome mechanics in PvP left from old times via artifacts, we should strive to remove them without artifacts.

Introducing a troublesome thing and then relieving it by payment/artifacts just raises the barriers when they accumulate over time on top of already necessary stuff you have to get (General skills, guild skills, resistance skills, lvl100 perks, curatives, enchantments, poisons etc etc.)
  • TiurTiur Producer
    edited May 2018
    There is a large difference between making something circumvent a tattoo and something that circumvents a guildskill. Which is not to say I wouldn't do it, I just mean that it's not a fair comparison.

Dice of varying types could be done. The functionality exists, even. Yes, the Pools has dice for D&D.
    ElliotZailaIazamatXenia
  • TozToz
    edited May 2018
    Artifact/guild skill interaction??? Lemme check my watch...

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

ElliotStineOonaghZailaVyxsis
  • ElliotElliot Australia
    Oh yeah, I'm not a PvP guy, I was just drawing a connection.

As for dice: I will probably get these as soon as you release them, hahaha.

WTB:

• One day Tiur is going to snap and change all class skills that are currently eq to balance without changing the speeds. "Lol now you don't need the crown, have fun dudes."
    Toz
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Fun fact: I wrote code that would slowly, over a year, drain away the eq bonus of the eq crown, while normal eq would be sped up similarly. I planned to announce on April Fools that I had deleted the crown, which would have been when the crown's bonus was 0, but everyone's eq would be faster by a full crown amount.

Razmael called me a monster and stopped me.

This is not invitation to open the crown discussion. I just thought people might like to know I'm a horrible person.
    IazamatMjollTozZailaOonaghTeaniAxius
  • I'm just here for the memes and, eventually, the convoluted coded vengeance as described above.

You should listen to Razmael less, @Tiur.

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz