Worth it yet?

Aetolia worth coming back to yet? The pools been cleaned out and the ooc cheating/exploiting worked on yet? Any growth in the player base? Classes been balanced? Theft been eliminated?

Comments

• There hasn't been real theft in a long time. Classlead rounds chugging along fine for balancing. Solid Pools group that, imo, if you manage to piss off or upset makes you in the wrong 99.99% of the time. Cheating gets you slapped down. Community as a whole has some rough spots but we're working on those too.

I've always got complaints, and there are things that need to change, but there is nothing outstanding that I'm screeching about which is really unusual and confusing for me on a personal level - water's fine, hop in.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Tiur
  • @Toz I just got done looking at your goodbye thread and the massive orgtheft that just occurred. I'm get a mixed signal now... but that does not look good.
  • EowynEowyn Somewhere
    Ginner said:

@Toz I just got done looking at your goodbye thread and the massive orgtheft that just occurred. I'm get a mixed signal now... but that does not look good.

Orgtheft is different than the theft he's thinking you're speaking of, I'm sure. Individual theft is very nil and non-existent these days. Orgtheft exists, but as you can see, most people dislike it and it gets worked out. So, it's not detrimental (overall) to gameplay. It hits anyone involved hard for the short-term, very rarely long-term.
  • TozToz
    edited April 2018
    Ginner said:
    @Toz I just got done looking at your goodbye thread and the massive orgtheft that just occurred. I'm get a mixed signal now... but that does not look good.
    Yep, and it got stomped to my satisfaction and reversed by player hands + the methods used nerfed. So, one issue a month ago that for flattened and the first in years, not bad at all. I did say I'd be back if my faith was restored- and here I am.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• Toz said:
    Ginner said:
    Yep, and it got stomped to my satisfaction and reversed by player hands + the methods used nerfed. So, one issue a month ago that for flattened and the first in years, not bad at all. I did say I'd be back if my faith was restored- and here I am.
    Fair enough and right on. At you too @Eowyn .

I guess all I need is a staff member to answer a single question and I may dive back in.

Have the pools been cleaned out from a year-two years ago or not?
  • EowynEowyn Somewhere

I guess all I need is a staff member to answer a single question and I may dive back in.

There are always changes in the pools. A good number of people who were up there 2-3+ years ago have since stepped down and plenty of new ones have stepped up. I don't think you'll ever seen an out right 'cleaning out' as you negatively put it unless something severe, and Mihaly-level recognized, something happened.
    Tiur
  • Eowyn said:

There are always changes in the pools. A good number of people who were up there 2-3+ years ago have since stepped down and plenty of new ones have stepped up. I don't think you'll ever seen an out right 'cleaning out' as you negatively put it unless something severe, and Mihaly-level recognized, something happened.
    Not my experience with the pools at all. And my negative tone is because of my negative experiences. So if a staffer could answer my question as I requested that would be great. Thanks.
  • As a humble frogs opinion,

I dont think its necessary for a staff member to have to communicate such things, I think it is really what we make of the game when playing it and how we contribute to the environment as a whole which makes the game run. The volunteers are a small fraction of the potential, and it is really our job as the community to be constructive and make things enjoyable.

My advice is to make a character and get involved, if the expectation is that its a staff responsbility, then maybe the objective is the limitation and should be reconsidered. Afterall the community makes the game what it is. :smiley:
    MadelaineKodaTiurTeaniTekiasLuas

• Oonagh said:
    As a humble frogs opinion, I dont think its necessary for a staff member to have to communicate such things, I think it is really what we make of the game when playing it and how we contribute to the environment as a whole which makes the game run. The volunteers are a small fraction of the potential, and it is really our job as the community to be constructive and make things enjoyable. My advice is to make a character and get involved, if the expectation is that its a staff responsbility, then maybe the objective is the limitation and should be reconsidered. Afterall the community makes the game what it is. :smiley:
    Your opinion is noted.
  • @Tiur I see you on the forums and posting. Going to answer me or no? If not you can just go ahead and delete this thread as that is my answer.
  • edited April 2018
    Holy entitlement, batman.

Semantics aside, what sort of a response do you expect the producer to give about the status of his staff? It's literally his job to make them look competent and talk them up so that the players maintain confidence and continue buying things. Any current Celani would have the same variation of "I'm a little biased, but the group up here is a blast to work with" no matter who answers + some sort of reference to a cookie if it's Kyna and/or the shame tube depending on who it is.

Not trolling or flaming, more just.. genuinely kinda curious as to how that makes any sort of difference whatsoever. The ones with the least bias are the ones that were off-put and came back for one reason or another (hi Toz) and you got their responses. Not sure how a biased response helps you at all here. Even if the pools was 100% toxic all around (they're not) you'd still get the same response.
    TiurMadelaineLeanaArista
  • Koda said:
    Holy entitlement, batman. Semantics aside, what sort of a response do you expect the producer to give about the status of his staff? It's literally his job to make them look competent and talk them up so that the players maintain confidence and continue buying things. Any current Celani would have the same variation of "I'm a little biased, but the group up here is a blast to work with" no matter who answers + some sort of reference to a cookie if it's Kyna and/or the shame tube depending on who it is. Not trolling or flaming, more just.. genuinely kinda curious as to how that makes any sort of difference whatsoever. The ones with the least bias are the ones that were off-put and came back for one reason or another (hi Toz) and you got their responses. Not sure how a biased response helps you at all here. Even if the pools was 100% toxic all around (they're not) you'd still get the same response.

Tiur has only been in the seat for a yearish. So it wasn't his staff a year ago. Make sense now?
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Please contact me at tiur@aetolia.com, or support@aetolia.com for communication on grievances or issues you have, whether personal, with a staff member, specific ruling, etc. I do not feel there is a reply that I could make to a general statement like this that is anything but inviting insult to previous volunteers, administrations, or just asking for an airing of problems I was not around to understand.

Special thanks to the responders to this thread who summarized what I wanted to say while I mulled over ways to say it.
    OonaghMadelaineTozTeaniTekiasArista
  • Tiur said:
    Please contact me at tiur@aetolia.com, or support@aetolia.com for communication on grievances or issues you have, whether personal, with a staff member, specific ruling, etc. I do not feel there is a reply that I could make to a general statement like this that is anything but inviting insult to previous volunteers, administrations, or just asking for an airing of problems I was not around to understand. Special thanks to the responders to this thread who summarized what I wanted to say while I mulled over ways to say it.
    Fair enough and will do.
  • Koda said:

Holy entitlement, batman.

Ginner spent $44.99 in August of 2015 and therefore demands that the volunteers of this game match their expectations of what world-class customer service is.

LinKodaArista
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    :#
  • SilenaSilena Immortal
    Well, I'm a little biased, but the group up here is a blast to work with. They've even changed daily beatings to weekly, and I now get to have water *with* my bread. I can't believe I get to own my own cup! It's like living the dream.
    KodaOonaghLeanaAristaTekiasElliana
  • TiurTiur Producer
    I shall close this thread for a few reasons. Mostly, he told me he would try again in another year. Ultimately he was seeking information on a specific volunteer, which is not something I give out. Why would I do that? I have a team, they are a good team, I protect them from all but legitimate complaints.

That said... @Silena WHERE DID YOU GET THAT CUP?!
    SilenaOonaghLeanaAristaTekiasXeniaAxiusAishiaJensen
This discussion has been closed.